ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 43
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hosting CB Darby
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:37 PM 03-13-2019

Source: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby is expected to visit the #Chiefs tonight. If all goes well, he could sign considering the serious interest.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:01 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Tired of hearing this shit. We were in the AFCCG with a 31 ranked defense LOL. We improve to MEDIOCRE and we are still favorites.

Brows yada yada Raiders yada yada.

They don’t have Mahomes and they don’t have Reid.

People need to fuck right off with this shit. What did you want them to do? Keep this shit hole D in tact? Have Berry and his spirit on the sidelines?
Not sure what this means...other than meaning the Chiefs will choke away their SB hopes in the postseason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:01 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Yep. I was on board with releasing all the old guys on defense with the expectation that Veach would be aggressive in replacing them with better players. The fact that that hasn't happened is extremely disappointing.
Free agency officially started 3 hours ago. :-)
[Reply]
arrwheader 05:02 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Not sure what this means...other than meaning the Chiefs will choke away their SB hopes in the postseason.

Haha well that argument could be made. However, the linking of the two clearly is a big advantage.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:02 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
They were talking about this guy getting 13 million a year... and he is 4 months out of an ACL... I don't fucking get it.
The projections for corners were high. Nelson got $4M per year less than was projected. Darby probably goes for 9-10M per.

Conversely, the projections for safeties were WAY low. It changes the approach pretty significantly.
[Reply]
ILChief 05:02 PM 03-13-2019
Tired of hearing this shit. We were in the AFCCG with a 31 ranked defense LOL. We improve to MEDIOCRE and we are still favorites.

Browns yada yada Raiders yada yada.

People need to fuck right off with this shit. What did you want them to do? Keep this shit hole D in tact? Have Berry and his spirit on the sidelines?
I agree. Do people want us devoting 50-60 million cap space to two broken down guys and a one year wonder?
[Reply]
arrwheader 05:05 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I agree. Do people want us devoting 50-60 million cap space to two broken down guys and a one year wonder?

Exactly. We scored 50 mother fucking points in a game AND STILL FUCKING LOST.

Really actually let that sink in. Think about that. Everyone of those assholes deserved to be shipped the fuck out after that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:05 PM 03-13-2019
Yep. I was on board with releasing all the old guys on defense with the expectation that Veach would be aggressive in replacing them with better players. The fact that that hasn't happened is extremely disappointing.
We've cut 3 good players (though it's hard to count Berry anymore because he doesn't see the field). In the process freeing up something like $38M. Chiefs have so far signed Matthieu, Quartey Jones, Damien Wilson to what I'm guessing is < $18M. I'd bet Darby puts us at about $30M so still $8M to spare.

We're going to add a lot of players on D. All young, and we won't be handcuffed to any of them.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:11 PM 03-13-2019

Browns yada yada Raiders yada yada.

People need to **** right off with this shit. What did you want them to do? Keep this shit hole D in tact? Have Berry and his spirit on the sidelines?
Im fine with cutting Berry and Houston. Trading a guy coming off a 13 sack 8 FF year to end up spending close to the same money to sign Ronald Darby irks me beyond belief though, and I really don't understand how anyone else can have a different opinion.

Tanoh Kpass and Breeland Speaks are our staring DEs rn. There is nobody in this FA class or draft that is going to replace Ford and Houstons production in 2019, a must win year for us.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 05:13 PM 03-13-2019
There's no way your parents weren't relatives.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:14 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Im fine with cutting Berry and Houston. Trading a guy coming off a 13 sack 8 FF year to end up spending close to the same money to sign Ronald Darby irks me beyond belief though, and I really don't understand how anyone else can have a different opinion.

Tanoh Kpass and Breeland Speaks are our staring DEs rn. There is nobody in this FA class or draft that is going to replace Ford and Houstons production in 2019, a must win year for us.
They don’t have to replace their production. They have to upgrade the team production.

A big part of being a good NFL defense is having a unit that trusts each other to do their jobs and focuses on that individually. They also need to play with a certain fire and intensity. That’s what they’re working to build. Let’s see where they’re at with the roster come May.
[Reply]
arrwheader 05:15 PM 03-13-2019

Ford was suspect, in a contract year and had one good year and the rest meh to worse. Houston just wasn’t worth the money. Also there must have been other things there the new staff doesn’t like.

Have faith. Let’s see what happens and talk about during the season. See how the draft goes and what other trades/ acquisitions we make before camp. I bet most that feel bad about this are feeling a lot better then.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:15 PM 03-13-2019
Would you have traded him after 4 years and a paltry 17.5 sacks? Because that's where he was at before his magical season.

To think he can just repeat 2018 like snapping his fingers...well quite frankly, I really don't understand how anyone could believe that.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:17 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They don’t have to replace their production. They have to upgrade the team production.

A big part of being a good NFL defense is having a unit that trusts each other to do their jobs and focuses on that individually. They also need to play with a certain fire and intensity. That’s what they’re working to build. Let’s see where they’re at with the roster come May.
and it will no doubt improve with the change of Sutton to Spags alone. However, how can trading a top 10 pass rusher in the league then signing an injury prone shitty CB with close to the same money possibly make us better?
[Reply]
DenverChief 05:19 PM 03-13-2019
Trading a guy coming off a 13 sack 8 FF year to end up spending close to the same money to sign Ronald Darby irks me beyond belief though, and I really don't understand how anyone else can have a different opinion.
Two different positions, our weaknesses were in the secondary, not the pass rush....as mentioned by Andy, the speed of the passing game makes edge rushers almost obsolete. The pass rush of the future comes from the interior line (faster path to QB).
[Reply]
YontsRBake 03-13-2019, 05:20 PM
This message has been deleted by YontsRBake.
htismaqe 05:20 PM 03-13-2019
and it will no doubt improve with the change of Sutton to Spags alone. However, how can trading a top 10 pass rusher in the league then signing an injury prone shitty CB with close to the same money possibly make us better?
Ford is not a top 10 pass rusher. He had one great year, that's it. He's also injury prone.

As to your question, it really doesn't. Then again Darby isn't shitty, he's actually quite good. The question is whether or not he can stay healthy. If I were GM, I wouldn't sign him but that's just me.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 43
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up