ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Better or Worse so far. . .
Better 115 66.09%
Worse 42 24.14%
who let this guy make a thread? 17 9.77%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So are the Chiefs getting better or worse this offseason:
DTVietnam 06:42 PM 03-12-2019
Signed:

Hyde
Mathieu
some brokedick Cowboys LB
Spag

Lost:

Berry
Mitch
Houston
Ford
Nelson
Ware
D. Harris
Sutton

Its still early in FA ..hopefully they make a big move at CB
[Reply]
Best22 06:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
signed:

Hyde=Good
Matthieu=Pricy, but good
some brokedick Cowboys LB=Meh, depth player at worst
Spag=Solid

Lost:

Mitch=Our backup center is fine, Morse isn’t 9mil better
Houston=Bad, but he was overpaid
Ford=Bad, but we’ll see compensation
Nelson=Meh
Ware=Meh
Sutton=Great

Its still early in FA ..hopefully they make a big move at CB
FTFY

It’s still early and talentless rosters with big $$ make big splashes and we have to hear how the Bills and Jets are about to rule the NFL. It’s March. Relax and enjoy the weather
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:48 PM 03-12-2019
You couldn't possibly have posted this at a much dumber time.

And you can't judge these moves in a vacuum. Losing Ford for scraps cannot be spun positively ... trading him and then giving some stud a $15m/year deal = big difference. Hence the dumb timing.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:48 PM 03-12-2019
You gonna pay all those guys we lost?

If so, then congratulations! You just turned us into the 2011-current Green Bay Packers! Best QB in football with some neat offensive weapons and ZEEEERRROOO defense.

Conference championship losses ahoy!
[Reply]
Otter 08:49 PM 03-12-2019
The Chiefs did a what seems like a great job at getting better at the back end of the defense (coaches) and there was definitely some dead weight that needed to be cut by bad contracts.

Berry, please stand up.

Addition by subtraction, whatever you want to call it the only one I call questionable was Houston and I'm quiet sure he's going to fare well.

HoboSpirit, please stand and clean out your locker.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:51 PM 03-12-2019
I think Veach is being very smart with the money.

Mahomes will get $30 million next year and that money has to come from somewhere. From a pure $$$ stand point it makes sense to fill CB and pass rusher in the draft.

The argument is "how do we know who we draft will work out?"

Well, it doesn't matter what approach you take, if you blow draft picks you're going to lose anyway...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:54 PM 03-12-2019
We’re worse so far. Not really a question about that. When the players you lose are getting paid, you are getting worse.
[Reply]
Otter 08:55 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I think Veach is being very smart with the money.

Mahomes will get $30 million next year and that money has to come from somewhere. From a pure $$$ stand point it makes sense to fill CB and pass rusher in the draft.

The argument is "how do we know who we draft will work out?"

Well, it doesn't matter what approach you take, if you blow draft picks you're going to lose anyway...
Mahomes and Hill are the future. You have to look 3-4 minimum down the road with Hill and hopefully Mahomes is the ring of honor.

That kid is lighting in a bottle.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:56 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We’re worse so far. Not really a question about that. When the players you lose are getting paid, you are getting worse.
I'm a huge Houston fan but he was honestly going to be overpaid if we kept him. I'm not a huge Ford fan but he was going to be overpaid if we kept him.

Why overpay for older players (28 and 30) when you can go young and save $$$ while improving at safety which was a position of dire need?...
[Reply]
DaFace 08:57 PM 03-12-2019
The offseason has barely begun. This is like predicting super bowl outcomes after the first game.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:59 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
Mahomes and Hill are the future. You have to look 3-4 minimum down the road with Hill and hopefully Mahomes is the ring of honor.

That kid is lighting in a bottle.
Exactly.

Both Hill and Mahomes will be THE highest paid players at their positions when they get new contracts. It only makes sense to sign them early and save money instead of getting one or two extra cheap years and then paying out the ass (like Dorsey did) when you finally have to resign them.

Had we resigned players like Berry and Houston early when we had the chance we might not have had to let them go this year...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:59 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I disagree. We are set on offense. Ford and Houston had their moments but they are not everything. Pash rush is not everything. We ranked last in damn near everything. Coaching staff is bad ass now. We got better.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:59 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The offseason has barely begun. This is like predicting super bowl outcomes after the first game.
Chiefs win it by 10 points...
[Reply]
stevieray 09:00 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Ya, everyone was calling for Sutton's head and boom!

New coaches, new scheme, new players..thought this is what everyone wanted.

I'll prolly saunter up to camp this summer to check out the D.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:03 PM 03-12-2019
Neutral so far.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up