ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>What Terrible Movie Do You Love?
Frazod 12:09 AM 02-23-2019
A twist on the other thread.

[Reply]
kjwood75nro 04:22 PM 02-24-2019
Might need a judgment on this one, but

Every Which Way but Loose.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:49 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:

Panned by the critics, but loved by the audiences and made huge money (top 5 of 1978). I wouldn't count it because of the popularity, but people here are using broader definitions.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:52 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Heh. I love it as well, even though it's silly as fuck.

I had never read the book (of course, that really wouldn't matter) so I knew nothing about it. Took the wife (then girlfriend) to see it in the theater, expecting a standard sci-fi battle movie. Oops. I'm surprised she didn't puke in my lap. :-)

Finally read the book a few years ago. I totally understand why fans of the book hated it as much as I hate the movie Dune, although in all fairness at least Starship Troopers is a well made film. Dune was just a pile of shit on top of an unholy butchering of the source material.
Troopers is basically a satire on the mid-90s NATO / 1st World communicated through a Flanderized, quasi-Fascist, solely human version of the Federation from Trek.

Separate it from Heinlein's title and it stands on its own merits, IMO.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 09:53 PM 02-24-2019

Deadfall is truly terrible. its worth watching the Nic Cage Highlight reel though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:58 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Troopers is basically a satire on the mid-90s NATO / 1st World communicated through a Flanderized, quasi-Fascist, solely human version of the Federation from Trek.

Thought you were seriously overanalyzing Super Troopers until I got to Heinlein.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:15 PM 02-24-2019
Under Siege 2 Dark Territory
[Reply]
Bump 10:19 PM 02-24-2019
Wicker Man was pretty bad but was aight

[Reply]
Bump 10:22 PM 02-24-2019
Surviving the Game was awesome too, with Iced Tea and Gary Busey starring in it.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:41 PM 02-24-2019
Waterworld

The women Ghostbusters (apparently?)

Almost all Nicholas Cage movies

Independence Day 2

For the Love of the Game
[Reply]
Rausch 06:08 AM 02-25-2019
Buckaroo Bonzai
Return of the Living Dead
The Gate
S.F.W.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:09 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
I forgot all about that. I bet I watched that 50 times on HBO when I was a kid...
[Reply]
Rausch 06:11 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I own it unashamedly
Did you see this?...

[Reply]
listopencil 06:17 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Heh. I love it as well, even though it's silly as fuck.

I had never read the book (of course, that really wouldn't matter) so I knew nothing about it. Took the wife (then girlfriend) to see it in the theater, expecting a standard sci-fi battle movie. Oops. I'm surprised she didn't puke in my lap. :-)

Finally read the book a few years ago. I totally understand why fans of the book hated it as much as I hate the movie Dune, although in all fairness at least Starship Troopers is a well made film. Dune was just a pile of shit on top of an unholy butchering of the source material.
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

As I recall the guy who made the movie said that he read a few pages, got bored with it, and then made a movie that had nothing to do with the book. I'm a huge Heinlein fan. The guy that made that movie can go fuck himself with a doorknob.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:18 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:

Fun movie that I enjoy even though I know it's crap.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:29 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
As I recall the guy who made the movie said that he read a few pages, got bored with it, and then made a movie that had nothing to do with the book. I'm a huge Heinlein fan. The guy that made that movie can go **** himself with a doorknob.
At this point I feel like an SJW hollywood version of "Farhnams Freehold" is inevitable.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up