ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>What Terrible Movie Do You Love?
Frazod 12:09 AM 02-23-2019
A twist on the other thread.

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:39 AM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Real Genius.

Weird Science
Co-signed.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:51 AM 02-24-2019
Grandma's Boy is a great fucking movie don't care what you say.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:23 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Real Genius.

Weird Science
Neither of those is a terrible movie.
[Reply]
Michelangelo 12:49 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:

the Last Dragon

now this movie was awful but it should have been so much worse. the reason this movie exists is because of the feud between Prince and Rick James. After Prince starred in Purple Rain, Rick became obsessed with starring in a movie of his own. He went to Berry Gordy and demanded that motown get behind him and create a movie that would feature Rick James acting and music. Motown thought that was a good idea so they started on working on the concept. Rick was supposed to write and record the main theme of the movies soundtrack. that theme would be Glow, the aura around Rick James.

so Rick James set off to do that but just couldn't produce in time for the movie since was preoccupied with drugs. The script was written with RJ in mind to play the villain Sho-nuff. But Rick had done some reading for casting and did poorly so, the people doing the casting looked for a replacement just in case. Rick also hated Asian martial arts and was very skeptical of Kung Fu/Karate. Motown had the script and most of the cast and were ready to start shooting. but they still needed the soundtrack. they told rick to finish and they hedged their bets by hiring someone else to write the Glow theme.

Rick eventually finished his version of Glow but it was too late. most of the movie was in the can. Rick was cut out of the movie because he was replaced by an actor with experience in kung fu movies. Still, Rick was determined to make his acting debut. so he made a video for Glow and turned that into his vanity project.
>
That movie would be even more of a cult classic with Rick James.

“When I say who’s the master, you say Sho’nuff, bitch!!!!!
[Reply]
Michelangelo 12:51 PM 02-24-2019
Electric Grandmother
Super Fuzz
C.H.O.M.P.S.
[Reply]
Michelangelo 12:57 PM 02-24-2019
The Earthling starring Ricky Schroeder

That movie is free on YouTube. I bet a lot of the movies in this thread are.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:33 PM 02-24-2019
I want to double back to Action Jackson for a minute.

That movie was a weigh station for almost every 80's secondary henchman or good guy you could imagine.

Ed O'Ross was the first union leader to get killed. He was the heroin buyer in Lethal Weapon that had to watch Mr. Joshua burn his forearm as a test of obedience.

Robert Davi was Agent Johnson (no, the other one) in Die Hard and the old contact of Jackson's that got killed COD.

Al Leong was Craig T. Nelson's chauffer. He was Endo in Lethal Weapon and the dude who ate the candy bars and took eight 9mm rounds to the chest on the roof in Die Hard.

Bill Duke, famous for playing Mac in Predator and a henchman in Commando, was Jackson's captain.

Sonny Landham, who was Billy in Predator and the only man from that film to unsuccessfully run for governor, was the drug dealer Jackson threw out the window.

The terrorist who was the front security guard in Die Hard and looks exactly like Huey Lewis was one of Craig T. Nelson's thugs who gets annihilated with a grenade launcher, preceded by the best one-liner of the movie: "Barbecue, huh? How do you like your ribs?"

Jackson's loquacious doorman is the same kid who played Argyle in Die Hard.

And that's not even counting the fact that Biff Tannen is one of the cops providing comic relief, or that a young Sharon Stone is T. Nelson's wife, or that one of the dudes Jackson incinerates looks exactly like Kato Kaelin.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 01:43 PM 02-24-2019

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:56 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
"Always bet on black."
A personal favorite.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:21 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Grandma's Boy is a great fucking movie don't care what you say.
This
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02-24-2019, 02:24 PM
This message has been deleted by CoMoChief.
CoMoChief 02:25 PM 02-24-2019
Over the Top
[Reply]
RunKC 02:29 PM 02-24-2019
Starship Troopers was so bad but I always enjoy watching it.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:46 PM 02-24-2019
I don't think it's bad but I see a lot of people hate on it but the original Salem's Lot mini-series is a favorite of mine. It has the problem with being a made for TV 70's show with typical effects for the time but is suitably creepy still and one of the more true to the book Stephen King adaptations.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 02:54 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Streets of Fire- Singer Diane Lane is kidnapped by a greaser gang and Michael Pare has to come home to his hometown to rescue her. It is so ridiculous but I love every minute of it. Willem Dafoe, Rick Moranis, and Bill Paxton all bringing everything they’ve got to this weird 50s/80s hybrid, The Blasters and Jim Steinman giving the music a weird 50s/80s hybrid, comedian and director Robert Townsend is just one of the singers in the vocal group they pick up along they way. So fun.
Great movie from my early teens! My dad bought it on tape from Peaches and I watched it at least 50 times as a kid. And we got this little gem from it...

[Reply]
Frazod 03:24 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Starship Troopers was so bad but I always enjoy watching it.
Heh. I love it as well, even though it's silly as fuck.

I had never read the book (of course, that really wouldn't matter) so I knew nothing about it. Took the wife (then girlfriend) to see it in the theater, expecting a standard sci-fi battle movie. Oops. I'm surprised she didn't puke in my lap. :-)

Finally read the book a few years ago. I totally understand why fans of the book hated it as much as I hate the movie Dune, although in all fairness at least Starship Troopers is a well made film. Dune was just a pile of shit on top of an unholy butchering of the source material.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up