ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
Frazod 04:55 PM 02-21-2019
This video popped up on my YouTube feed. Seemed like a good basis for a thread.

The five films discussed in the video, panned by various Brits to the general disdain of other Brits off camera, are The Shining, Forrest Gump, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Gone With the Wind and The Blair Witch Project.

I think the first three guys are mostly nuts, wholeheartedly agree regarding GWTW, and argue that Blair Witch was never great in the first place.

So what great movie(s) do you hate? I'll chime my picks in later.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:13 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Did you mean It's A Wonderful Life ? Because, if you did, you're wrong.
No he's right....movie is REALLY fucking boring as shit.

In fact out of the 100x it's been on TV throughout my life, I've never gotten through more than 20min of it.

Worst Xmas movie of all time hands down...would rather watch a soccer game.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:14 PM 02-22-2019
I'm assuming all of the Harry Potter films are trash..because the first one certainly was.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:19 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
Black Panther. I finally saw it because I got in for free. bad CGI, forgetable dialogue and a lot of it was nonsense.
It was meh..didn't think it was terrible.

But it certainly wasn't the overhyped ridiculous shit that the msm portrayed it out to be...not by a long shot.

Doesn't even rank top 10 in the MCU...but it got awards because it starred a bunch of black people. USA Today wrote an article 2 wks ago on why it should win an Academy Award...perfect example as to why those award shows should never be taken seriously. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:20 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Every Star Wars movie except the original 3

Rogue One was alright I guess.
Every Star Wars movie. No part of me thought any of them were even worth considering until Clay started making Mahomes videos while filtering them in.

The mediocrity is strong in these.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:11 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I know I'm probably alone on this but - Seven. I hated that movie.
Wow,that's easily in my top 10 ever.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:16 PM 02-22-2019
Anything and everything Star Wars and I've only seen the original when it was released in the 70's

LOTR,barely made it through the first two no way did I even attempt the third.

I also have absolutely no desire to see anything Harry Potter or Fantastic Beasts etc. related.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:18 PM 02-22-2019
BTW Fraz I love Once Upon A Time In America and Raging Bull.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:52 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I know I'm probably alone on this but - Seven. I hated that movie.
Oh you’re not alone. I hate that movie.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:06 PM 02-22-2019
Arrival w/ Amy Adams was hands down top 10 worst movies I've ever seen....and everyone in media/hollywood gave it awesome reviews.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:10 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Oh you’re not alone. I hate that movie.
Seven was, for me, a stealth shittier version of The Sixth Sense.

In the sense that I though all but the last 5 minutes or so was dark and ugly and not particularly interesting. But everyone remembers the ending, and that's where all their positive assessments come from.

Not that I thought TSS was as much of a mess as Se7en was before the end, just that the assessment seems similarly warped by the ending.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:54 PM 02-22-2019
Se7en was one of the best movies of the decade, but I will grant it requires a certain color of mood to enjoy.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 PM 02-22-2019
A Clockwork Orange is just a weird gigantic piece of shit. I could barely get through the first 30 mins.

The Big Lebowski is also a weird ass movie. I love some of the characters but the writing was beyond awful.

Apocalypse Now was boring

The Graduate was extremely overrated
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:11 PM 02-22-2019
I can usually appreciate weird shit... but sometimes Wes Anderson films really piss me off.

I loved Grand Budapest Hotel, but I fucking hate Life Aquatic and all the flaming douchebags who buy and wear those fucking beanies from the movie.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:12 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
A Clockwork Orange is just a weird gigantic piece of shit. I could barely get through the first 30 mins.

The Big Lebowski is also a weird ass movie. I love some of the characters but the writing was beyond awful.

Apocalypse Now was boring

The Graduate was extremely overrated
FUCK

YOU

Writing and dialogue was outstanding in that movie. Probably in my top5 favorite movies of alltime. (Dark Knight, Gladiator, Major League, Saving Private Ryan)
[Reply]
007 11:13 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Se7en was one of the best movies of the decade, but I will grant it requires a certain color of mood to enjoy.
I loved it on the first watch but have no desire to watch it again. Just that kind of movie you only need to see once.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up