ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
Frazod 04:55 PM 02-21-2019
This video popped up on my YouTube feed. Seemed like a good basis for a thread.

The five films discussed in the video, panned by various Brits to the general disdain of other Brits off camera, are The Shining, Forrest Gump, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Gone With the Wind and The Blair Witch Project.

I think the first three guys are mostly nuts, wholeheartedly agree regarding GWTW, and argue that Blair Witch was never great in the first place.

So what great movie(s) do you hate? I'll chime my picks in later.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:08 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Tango and Cash was absolutely horrible - the only other big budget/big stars action movie that I've seen that was comparable to it was Batman and Robin.

I saw Batman and Robin in a theater in New York. When it was over, I stood up and yelled "THAT SUCKED!" and the people around me starting clapping and cheering. :-)
I don't consider T/C a "great movie" although I do enjoy it as that 80's B rated guy flick...the movie's ridiculous.

All I'm saying is from a movie critique standpoint...the we hate movie podcast is hilarious...they've done like 200 movies and they shit on all of them.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:27 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Its a Beautiful Life

Did you mean It's A Wonderful Life ? Because, if you did, you're wrong.
[Reply]
007 03:38 AM 02-22-2019
Blade Runner

all five versions
[Reply]
007 03:41 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Never really liked Costners Robin Hood and that was pretty popular for it’s time.
I loved that movie at the time. NOw I watch it and can't figure out what I even liked about it. So stupid.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:45 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Blade Runner

all five versions

Do you like "film noir" movies? Old black and white detective movies from the 40's and 50's like The Maltese Falcon?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:52 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Especially Born on the Fourth of July, which I also really disliked.
Thank you!!

I was legit searching my memory without finding anything that was well received, that I would say I actually hated.

But Bot4oJ meets that quite well. I don't even want to recount the reasons why, but I LOATHED that movie back in the day, and largely forgot it in the meantime.
[Reply]
007 03:52 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Do you like "film noir" movies? Old black and white detective movies from the 40's and 50's like The Maltese Falcon?
Nope. I don't really care for most movies that were made before I was born. Not sure why. None of them really ring with me. Thats the main reason I never comment on them because I'm kind of biased in a weird way.

Anything after 69 is free game.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:08 AM 02-22-2019
Nope. I don't really care for most movies that were made before I was born. Not sure why. None of them really ring with me. Thats the main reason I never comment on them because I'm kind of biased in a weird way.

Oliver! and earlier -- vvvvvvv

Bonnie and Clyde and later -- ^^^^^^^^
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:46 AM 02-22-2019
Vanilla Sky - Avatar - Easy Rider - Thin Red Line - Titanic - West Side Story
[Reply]
listopencil 05:57 AM 02-22-2019
Nope. I don't really care for most movies that were made before I was born. Not sure why. None of them really ring with me. That's the main reason I never comment on them because I'm kind of biased in a weird way.

I have a certain cutoff but it's around 1930-ish. I used to watch old black and white movies on TV when I was a kid.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:19 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Star Wars.

Some of the dumbest shit ever made.
Completely agree.

LOTR and Harry Potter are also up there.
[Reply]
Fish 08:25 AM 02-22-2019
Birdman.

Complete garbage.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:52 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
This was discussed a while back in another thread..but the "WeHateMovies" podcasts are ****ing hilarious.

The one on Tango n Cash and the Hulk Hogan WWF movie "No Holds Barred" podcasts had me in tears.
that's one of the best movies they review.

Their Jack Pallance impressions were great.
48 Hours/ Another 48 hours is also another with great Nick Nolte impressions.

almost any Stallone movie they do is great. Demolition Man etc.
Love that podcast.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:09 AM 02-22-2019
The Blair Witch Project is a great movie? I never knew
[Reply]
RN47 09:19 AM 02-22-2019
Yeah, no kidding. At the end of Blair Witch, I looked at my girlfriend and was like, that’s it? Horrible.

The English Patient was boring.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up