ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Chris Hemsworth to Step Into the Ring as Hulk Hogan For Biopic
Tribal Warfare 05:21 PM 02-20-2019

Chris Hemsworth will don Hulk Hogan's handlebar mustache for a Todd Phillips biopic. https://t.co/LXbr8tffAL

— Collider (@Collider) February 20, 2019

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:38 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Some gullible people don't realize that they take a fake thing so seriously they end up making it real.

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:39 PM 02-21-2019
I thought he was Thor. Now he's the Hulk?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:55 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
the real question is...
who's going to play Macho Man?
There can be only one:

[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:19 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Still gets a LOL.....after all these years! :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:55 PM 02-23-2019
Hogan was fucking YUGE before he had all of those back surgeries, made him lose about 3-4in of his height....he was about 6'7 310 around the time he was Thunderlips.

Hemsworth is 6'3...they could make it work w/ right camera angles and actors etc...he's really gonna have to put on some girth though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:41 PM 02-23-2019
Hemsworth is going to need so much trenbolone to get near Hogan's size...
Even that won't get him very close, they will have to use every camera trick in book
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:15 PM 02-23-2019
ill definately watch. I remember as a kid trying to stay wake for Saturday Nights Main event. About half of the time, i wouldnt make it! lol
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:47 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Hogan was fucking YUGE before he had all of those back surgeries, made him lose about 3-4in of his height....he was about 6'7 310 around the time he was Thunderlips.

Hemsworth is 6'3...they could make it work w/ right camera angles and actors etc...he's really gonna have to put on some girth though.
Hogan was always 6'3. Look at him next to The Rock at WM X8.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:34 AM 02-27-2019
the real question is...
Tom Cruise
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:18 AM 02-27-2019
the real question is...
I'm wondering how they're going to do Andre the Giant in all honesty. Can't have a Hogan biopic without that showdown.
[Reply]
bowener 10:14 AM 02-27-2019
LH is going to inject so much HGH. Motherfucker will be enormous.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:35 PM 02-27-2019
Hogan was always 6'3. Look at him next to The Rock at WM X8.
Rock is about 6'4 and I agree they were about the same size then, but Hogan had his back surgeries long before his WM match w/ Rock. (had them afterwards too).

Here he is next to Andre the Giant...who stood around 7'3/7'4-ish. This would be I guess what you would call Hogan's prime. Back in the day, Hogan was around 6'7/6'8 dude. Hogan himself and other wrestlers have acknowledged this. The multiple surgeries he had on his back made him shrink 3-4inches...it's insane what he's put himself through.

Dude really fucked up his back and even when him and Rock clashed, the guy shouldn't have been wrestling then...but he needed $$$ and has one of the biggest ego's on planet earth.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:43 PM 02-27-2019
Slightly off topic but something I've been wondering... why do we make biopics of guys that are still alive?

It feels like a Hollywood Walk of Fame kinda thing where basically people come together, pay a bunch of money, and have something made to jerk off a famous person. I get it that Hogan isn't going to add to his wresting legacy by making one last comeback but his story may not be over yet.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:49 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'm wondering how they're going to do Andre the Giant in all honesty. Can't have a Hogan biopic without that showdown.
Good question...have to include that, which I'm sure they will.

Pretty sad a lot of his major rivals are all dead now. Andre, Savage, Warrior.

My first instinct would be to see how much Hollyweird could make Big Show look like Andre...but Hemsworth is about 6'3...so really they would only need to find a guy about 6'7 or 6'8. Still big, but probably easier to find than someone who's 7ft+

Remember the Rocky movies...how much bigger Thunderlips looked vs Balboa...well there was about a foot difference there. Even Dolph Lundgren is 6'5. Sly was only about 5'9. Camera angles can do a lot though.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:55 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Slightly off topic but something I've been wondering... why do we make biopics of guys that are still alive?

It feels like a Hollywood Walk of Fame kinda thing where basically people come together, pay a bunch of money, and have something made to jerk off a famous person. I get it that Hogan isn't going to add to his wresting legacy by making one last comeback but his story may not be over yet.
Well Hollyweird has ran out of fresh/good ideas long ago...they're milking that nostalgic cow for what it's worth and then some. But yeah they're doing a lot of these biopics now...Queen, Elton John, Cash, Ray. Not a fan of Queen really so I didn't see it, I will see the Elton John "Rocketman" movie...Walk the Line and Ray were both VERY good movies.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up