ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 57
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
kcpasco 04:15 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:

1986 just called. It says you're a ****ing retard.
It’s like the same people praising black panther for being the first black superhero movie. Have these retards not heard of Blade?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:36 PM 03-09-2019
Really don't get what all the fuss is about. Only had one moment where the 'girl power' thing was heavy handed and it wasn't like it was just thrown in for no reason. The cat was fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Monty 06:44 PM 03-09-2019
Same here. I enjoyed it and went in with the expectation that this film would be a setup for the next Avengers film. I enjoyed it. Sue me.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:26 PM 03-09-2019
It was good, not great or amazing.

I liked the skrull twist. The lead skrull was the best part.
Her turning into an omega badass was fun and settings up avengers. But the movie opened more questions than anything.

Why didn't fury use it earlier? Somehow she was able to absorb tesseract powers, not die and become a omega level player, why wouldn't more of tried this.

I would say better than im2 or thor2 level.

6.5/10
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:42 PM 03-09-2019
Looks like it might clear 150 mil. Not sure what point the bot-masters have been trying to make but it evidently didn't hurt the box office much.

Maybe see it Tues or Wed. Work this weekend.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:30 PM 03-09-2019
We ended up seeing this and basically there wasn’t anything that great or anything that bad. It was pretty cookie cutter but I don’t know if that’s a bad thing necessarily. Probably the main issue for me with this movie specifically was Captain Marvel’s level of power and the
Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:42 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We ended up seeing this and basically there wasn’t anything that great or anything that bad. It was pretty cookie cutter but I don’t know if that’s a bad thing necessarily. Probably the main issue for me with this movie specifically was Captain Marvel’s level of power and the
Spoiler!
Disney/MCU had to sneak in the whole "We love open borders, fuck Trump's wall" message. And that's exactly what that was.

In the comics, the Skrulls were essentially terrorists who destroy civilizations/planets...in the movie they're "misunderstood refugees looking for a home, who got separated from their children/families and are being hunted down by the evil lying white man".

What a bunch of crap.

Let's play No Doubt's "I'm Just a Girl" in the main climatic fight scene of the movie, and blare it so loud that it dwarfs any sound fx going on at the time. DUMB We get it...she's a woman, and the evil lying white man is holding her down telling her to stop being so emotional throughout the whole movie. There was literally no depth in her character at all. Jude Law's character ending up being a huge coward pussy.

Combine that w/ the shitty dialogue and acting from Larson. More I think about it, it was a crap movie.

They made Fury into a bumbling buffoon. He was funny at times, but c'mon he's a Shield agent, and Larson's black copilot friend (forget her name) retired USAF is fighting off enemy while Fury stands there and holds a cat.

I did like the cat though. And I normally hate cats.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:35 AM 03-10-2019

1986 just called. It says you're a ****ing retard.

[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:59 AM 03-10-2019

CAPTAIN MARVEL delivered $455M worldwide this weekend--$302M int'l, $153M domestic--the 6th highest global debut in the history of humankind.

— Exhibitor Relations Co. (@ERCboxoffice) March 10, 2019

[Reply]
vailpass 10:05 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice grossed $330.4 million in North America and $543.3 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $873.6 million

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman...awn_of_Justice
[Reply]
Sully 10:16 AM 03-10-2019
It was very good, but not great. I won't go see it a 2nd time, like I have with many of the better Marvel films.
The acting was fine (Larson played Danvers just as how I imagine her when I read the comics... calm, confident/smug, like most pilots you see in movies). The writing was a problem. I was just never "grabbed" until the very end.
Finally, I couldn't get over how much Annette Benning looks like Tom Skerritt without the mustache. I mean, she looks great for her age, but I guess that means so does he. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:28 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Thank you for this NPC barf that could have been spewed word for word from anyone at the marvel PR department. It really shows insight when you parrot things.

We get it. White guys bother you.
:-)

Grow up. Lord.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:31 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I know....super sexist take here but I was really looking forward to getting Adam Warlock on the big screen.
That’s almost certainly going to happen eventually.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:25 AM 03-10-2019

1986 just called. It says you're a fucking retard.
Don't break their bubble man. Don't you realize nothing that hasn't happened in the last 10 years counts? Unless we are talking about Celebs un-PC tweets, blogs, whatever, then there isn't an expiration.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:21 PM 03-10-2019
I enjoyed it...the 3rd act definitely was the best. Fragmented and a little slow at the beginning but solid. I thought Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel were done just fine by Brie Larson as well. Some changes from the comic for sure but didn't bother me. It might bother some hardcore comic people at what was changed. Think if you are a marvel movie fan go see it. The audience I was in clapped at the beginning of the movie when the marvel studios part was loading...pretty awesome. 2 end credit scenes...1st one is right away and is related to end game. Not absolutely necessary to see it but made me go...oh ok damn. 2nd one was a funny one.

I enjoyed the 90s references.

I probably will buy it on Blu-ray and might see it one more time.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 57
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up