Page 13 of 57
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Frazod 11:23 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Ah, the Nickleback of action actresses.
Let me guess - you would have picked Zoe Saldana, right?
[Reply]
007 12:14 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Depends on if you like Nickelback or not. I think this needs a thread of its own. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:15 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The star wants to make this movie a feminist battle cry, and basically demands that women take mens' jobs, and your mind is so twisted that you think the assholes in the scenario are the people who've gotten turned off enough by that that they don't want to see the movie?

:-)
Where did she say she wants women to take men's jobs? I read she just wanted more seats at the table.

I'm sure the people bitching will still go see it if they have seen other Marvel movies.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:17 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
And, as for reviews, are you ****ing kidding me?

https://twitter.com/kaytiburt/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Not a cat person so I dgaf about goose
[Reply]
Sully 06:52 AM 02-22-2019
I think she'd have done just fine. Obviously there's no way of knowing for sure. These movies are popular primarily because of the CGI and action scenes, not the actors displaying their alleged chops between CGI action scenes. Seriously, how many of the stars of these films are truly talented actors when you take all that shit away? It's not like everybody is Robert Downey Jr.
Nearly the entire Marvel Avengers cast or actors, and even some minor characters, are pretty well-respected actors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaFace 09:18 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Not a cat person so I dgaf about goose
My perception is that Goose is a much more prominent character than we realized, so I don't think it's just an "OMG IT'S A CAT!!" thing. We'll see.

As for the rest of the "feminist" crap, it's just another example of people being too caught up in political BS to me. While I personally would prefer she shut her trap, I'm not going to let that interfere with my enjoyment of the movie.

I'm not a fan of Tyreek punching his girlfriend, but I still enjoy his play on the field. This is just a (much more mild) version of that.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:09 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My perception is that Goose is a much more prominent character than we realized, so I don't think it's just an "OMG IT'S A CAT!!" thing. We'll see.

As for the rest of the "feminist" crap, it's just another example of people being too caught up in political BS to me. While I personally would prefer she shut her trap, I'm not going to let that interfere with my enjoyment of the movie.

I'm not a fan of Tyreek punching his girlfriend, but I still enjoy his play on the field. This is just a (much more mild) version of that.
That's how I am as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:19 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
Nearly the entire Marvel Avengers cast or actors, and even some minor characters, are pretty well-respected actors.
I mean Mark Ruffalo is playing the hulk, FFS.

Dude's politics are annoying as hell but he's a respected actor playing a slobbering monster.

Any 'anchor' character has been portrayed by someone who is at least a solid actor. Evans was fantastic in Snowpiercer, Hemsworth has actually shown solid chops outside of the MCU, Cumberbatch, Johansson, Renner, Boseman, Saldana; even less 'refined' actors like Rudd, Pratt and Samuel L. Jackson have held their own outside of the MCU. Even the secondary characters tend to be playing down; Michael Douglas, Glenn Close, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Hopkins, Idris Elba, Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro, Mads Mikkelsen, Chiwetel Ojiofer, Rachel Adams, Kurt Russell, Michael Keaton, Kate Blanchett, Michael B. Jordan, Angela Basset, Forest Whitaker, Lawrence Fishburn, etc, etc....

If they have a Drax the Destroyer individual property helmed by Dave Bautista the idea may have some merit. But every actor that has been a primary player in the MCU of late has had solid acting chops at the very worst.

I don't know what makes anyone think that these $100 million properties are just throwaway items for these production groups these days. No, they're not going to dilute their product by just throwing a bunch of B-Listers at it and pretending like these are Sci-Fi Originals going direct to cable.

It took a ton of effort (and raw dumb luck) to get these movies considered along the lines of 'serious' fare and they aren't going to send some wooden blockhead like Gina Carano out there to lead their major 'female empowerment' property. There's a threshold level of acting skills that they expect, especially from their primary characters, and Gina doesn't get there.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:46 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean Mark Ruffalo is playing the hulk, FFS.

Dude's politics are annoying as hell but he's a respected actor playing a slobbering monster.

Any 'anchor' character has been portrayed by someone who is at least a solid actor. Evans was fantastic in Snowpiercer, Hemsworth has actually shown solid chops outside of the MCU, Cumberbatch, Johansson, Renner, Boseman, Saldana; even less 'refined' actors like Rudd, Pratt and Samuel L. Jackson have held their own outside of the MCU. Even the secondary characters tend to be playing down; Michael Douglas, Glenn Close, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Hopkins, Idris Elba, Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro, Mads Mikkelsen, Chiwetel Ojiofer, Rachel Adams, Kurt Russell, Michael Keaton, Kate Blanchett, Michael B. Jordan, Angela Basset, Forest Whitaker, Lawrence Fishburn, etc, etc....

If they have a Drax the Destroyer individual property helmed by Dave Bautista the idea may have some merit. But every actor that has been a primary player in the MCU of late has had solid acting chops at the very worst.

I don't know what makes anyone think that these $100 million properties are just throwaway items for these production groups these days. No, they're not going to dilute their product by just throwing a bunch of B-Listers at it and pretending like these are Sci-Fi Originals going direct to cable.

It took a ton of effort (and raw dumb luck) to get these movies considered along the lines of 'serious' fare and they aren't going to send some wooden blockhead like Gina Carano out there to lead their major 'female empowerment' property. There's a threshold level of acting skills that they expect, especially from their primary characters, and Gina doesn't get there.
Oh for fuck's sake, let's stop pretending that this comic book bullshit is Citizen Kane just because it has expensive CGI. This stuff is popular because the ritalin-chewing millennial zombies that it's aimed at love the 'splosions.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:49 AM 02-22-2019
Oh for fuck's sake, let's stop pretending that this comic book bullshit is Citizen Kane just because it has expensive CGI. This stuff is popular because the ritalin-chewing millennial zombies that it's aimed at love the 'splosions.
I think you discount the impact that bad acting can have on a series. See the DC universe until recently.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:55 AM 02-22-2019
I think you discount the impact that bad acting can have on a series. See the DC universe until recently.
There's not one of these $200M turds that I've enjoyed more than the original Conan the Barbarian, and when he made that Arnie could barely speak.

I think you guys are mistaking bad writing for bad acting.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:03 PM 02-22-2019
There's not one of these $200M turds that I've enjoyed more than the original Conan the Barbarian, and when he made that Arnie could barely speak.

I think you guys are mistaking bad writing for bad acting.
Agree to disagree I suppose.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:10 PM 02-22-2019
Agree to disagree I suppose.
Yeah, I figure I'll get a lot of that today. :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:13 PM 02-22-2019
Just pointing out your affinity for people that look the part but are objectively f’ing terrible.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:17 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Just pointing out your affinity for people that look the part but are objectively f’ing terrible.
In a dumb fuck comic book movie? Sure.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 57
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up