ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Sorry 11:24 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Wonder how they all missed the fact that it's clearly a feminist diatribe.
Even if it was - so what? Let woman feel some oride or inspiration
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:29 PM 02-20-2019
Feel the oride.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:49 PM 02-20-2019
I mean, they're not perfect, but there's a pretty strong correlation between critic ratings and audience ratings, especially in the action/adventure genre.
In recent years, Wakanda love aside, many movies that have been pushed upon the public and promoted by activists and biased critics have shit the bed. And that should be considered a good thing by everyone.

It's really amusing to me how much some of you guys want this thing to be bad. I'm not a huge fan of Larson's off-screen antics either, but I hardly care when it comes to a good flick.
It's really amusing to me how much you tried to denigrate something as innocuous as opening weekend projections in an attempt to defend the movie.

This stuff goes in both directions.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:12 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
In recent years, Wakanda love aside, many movies that have been pushed upon the public and promoted by activists and biased critics have shit the bed. And that should be considered a good thing by everyone.

It's really amusing to me how much you tried to denigrate something as innocuous as opening weekend projections in an attempt to defend the movie.

This stuff goes in both directions.
Since it's apparently newsworthy, the projections have been raised up to $120m now.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...jections-rise/

And for the record, I still don't understand why anyone cares.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:21 PM 02-20-2019
I'm glad she said what she said. I am definitely going to go see it in theaters.
[Reply]
Jamie 05:31 PM 02-20-2019
Care to provide examples? Because all I can come up with is Ghostbusters and The Last Jedi, and TLJ is sort of debatable (it made over a billion dollars has a 7.2 on IMDB). And it's sort of convenient to set aside Black Panther when it directly contradicts your argument.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:20 AM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Not saying it isn't a good movie but critics can suck a dick. They wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them on the ass.
How often do critics come out and shit on a Disney movie? Not very often.

I have no problem believing the "it's unlike any other Marvel movie" thing because that was true of Dr. Strange and of Guardians. I have no doubt they're trying something different.

I do get a very TLJ vibe where even if they they think its a love-it-or-hate-it movie they don't say a thing...
[Reply]
Rausch 08:28 AM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Care to provide examples? Because all I can come up with is Ghostbusters and The Last Jedi, and TLJ is sort of debatable (it made over a billion dollars has a 7.2 on IMDB).
TLJ had an insane opening weekend and then the word of mouth was very poor. People either loved it or absolutely hated it.

And keep in mind that people WANTED to love TLJ.

Originally Posted by Jamie:
And it's sort of convenient to set aside Black Panther when it directly contradicts your argument.
I would argue that Disney/Marvel weren't pushing SJW angles to Panther but the media/writers/activists were. It wasn't like they made an all black Fantastic Four - it was a pretty close adaptation to Wakanda in the comix.

I think Black Panther and Luke Cage are the perfect examples of how to add diversity to your films: take diverse characters people already love and adapt them to the screen. And as far as female characters go I think they should have made a Black Widow (a known character people already like) way before a Carl Manvers movie. The character already has mystery surrounding her and fans know who she is. I WANT to know what happened to Black Widow.

You don't have to force diversity - you just quit ignoring that you have a plethora of diverse characters you can choose from...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:55 AM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:

You don't have to force diversity - you just quit ignoring that you have a plethora of diverse characters you can choose from...
That's just crazy talk. How can you be more inclusive if you don't try to eliminate the more offensive tropes?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:57 AM 02-21-2019
https://www.themarysue.com/early-cap...ively-glowing/
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:16 AM 02-21-2019
https://www.themarysue.com/early-cap...ively-glowing/
Don't remember all the negativity when Wonder Woman cane out.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:44 AM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Don't remember all the negativity when Wonder Woman cane out.
Gal Gadot mostly kept her mouth shut. That seems to be the problem here: BL has the audacity to use her visibility as a platform. And some folks HATE when celebrities do that, unless the celeb is saying something they like.

It was still the same kind of shit in other ways, though. Instead of making fun of pics of Brie Larson's ass, dudes were complaining that Gal didn't have the right body for Wonder Woman (read: her boobs were too small).

Gal had also already shown up in BvS and basically stole the show, so there was something there upon which to base cautiously optimistic expectations. Well, that and Patty Jenkins. Whereas I don't even know who directed CM.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:48 AM 02-21-2019
Answer: Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.

(Yeah, still no idea who they are...)
[Reply]
Frazod 12:42 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Gal Gadot mostly kept her mouth shut. That seems to be the problem here: BL has the audacity to use her visibility as a platform. And some folks HATE when celebrities do that, unless the celeb is saying something they like.

It was still the same kind of shit in other ways, though. Instead of making fun of pics of Brie Larson's ass, dudes were complaining that Gal didn't have the right body for Wonder Woman (read: her boobs were too small).

Gal had also already shown up in BvS and basically stole the show, so there was something there upon which to base cautiously optimistic expectations. Well, that and Patty Jenkins. Whereas I don't even know who directed CM.
Gina Carano should have been Wonder Woman. Period. The End.

Sorry, but this is what the character SHOULD look like. And not just because she has a great rack - but because she looks like what an Amazon should look like.

Would you want a mousy Superman?

:-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:09 PM 02-21-2019
Maybe if she could act well enough to carry a blockbuster. But she can't.

And Gadot IS Wonder Woman now. No question about that. Regardless of what or who anybody might have wanted, she owned the role and now she embodies it.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up