ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 48
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
banecat 07:22 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
He's going to show up as The Joker in the next Star Wars movie.
That's what I've been waiting for. Hopefully within a few years we get to see Batman take down a Death Star with nothing more than a Flying Space General Lee, stars and bars and all, with Alf riding shotgun whilst wielding a flaming excalibur
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:30 PM 07-13-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
He knows they killed the franchise. Star Wars is just another Transformers now, coasting along on inertia.
Had to be hard on him. If anyone had the pulse of the Star Wars franchise.fan base it was Mark. Probabaly crushed him as much as it did everyone else.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:39 AM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Unless he's going to travel back in time and shoot Kathleen Kennedy in the face, I really don't think it will accomplish much.
Just trying to excite the fan base.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:16 AM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Luke isn't done with Star Wars, it's done with HIM, because HE'S DEAD. I'm sure he'll do voice work or something in the future.
Dead isn't dead to Jedi's. He and everyone who ever lived can come back as ghost Jedi's, correct?
[Reply]
listopencil 09:04 AM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
That's what I've been waiting for. Hopefully within a few years we get to see Batman take down a Death Star with nothing more than a Flying Space General Lee, stars and bars and all, with Alf riding shotgun whilst wielding a flaming Excalibur

Better story than The Last Jedi.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:28 AM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dead isn't dead to Jedi's. He and everyone who ever lived can come back as ghost Jedi's, correct?
From what I read is a learned skill that not all Jedi possess.. not much written in stone.Sounds like a newer phenomenon started around Yodas time. I am sure Clay can shine more light on it than I
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:34 AM 07-14-2018
Better story than The Last Jedi.
Well yeah, The Last Jedi didn't have a story. Just agendas.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:34 AM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
From what I read is a learned skill that not all Jedi possess.. not much written in stone.Sounds like a newer phenomenon started around Yodas time. I am sure Clay can shine more light on it than I
That is correct. Qui-Gon, I believe, discovered the process.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:50 AM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
That is correct. Qui-Gon, I believe, discovered the process.

Everything about how Luke died in TLJ and what I have seen/read about force ghosts says that Luke can return as one. I know that a lot of shit isn't canon now but:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_ghost
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:01 AM 07-14-2018
Everything about how Luke died in TLJ and what I have seen/read about force ghosts says that Luke can return as one. I know that a lot of shit isn't canon now but:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_ghost
Yeah, you are right. I am sure Luke learned the ability from Obi-Wan or Yoda but you never know with the current Star Wars story group.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:14 AM 07-14-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Yeah, you are right. I am sure Luke learned the ability from Obi-Wan or Yoda but you never know with the current Star Wars story group.
Well, he did have the Journals of the Whills on Ach-To with him. Not much more to do there than to read and drink green tit milk from some weird slug, especially when you've renounced the Force (just how did he turn those Midichlroians off, anyway??).
[Reply]
sedated 10:12 AM 08-09-2018
I thought Mark Hamill wasn't going to be in episode IX

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...wars-episode-9
[Reply]
Hawk 10:21 AM 08-09-2018
What about the theory floating around that Rey is really the daughter of Han Solo and Qi'ra and is a half-sister to Kylo Ren? Anyone think that's a possibility in this movie?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:13 PM 08-09-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
I thought Mark Hamill wasn't going to be in episode IX

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...wars-episode-9
Letting everyone know. They could have hidden it. All pr
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:34 PM 08-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hawk:
What about the theory floating around that Rey is really the daughter of Han Solo and Qi'ra and is a half-sister to Kylo Ren? Anyone think that's a possibility in this movie?
The age range does not match up, unless Han somehow hooked up with her while he was married to Leia.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 48
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up