ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 30
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Madden 19
Hammock Parties 06:34 PM 05-19-2018
First news leak:

Improved QB arm animation

Route running rating is removed and replaced by deep, intermediate and short route running.

New punting interface

New franchise mode

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:37 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Raise the awareness rating!
Hey now. Some NFL linemen just aren't aware of the fact that when they're out in open space they're supposed to engage and block defenders.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:38 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hey now. Some NFL linemen just aren't aware of the fact that when they're out in open space they're supposed to engage and block defenders.
Was that Jordan Black out there?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:49 AM 05-22-2018
It doesnt need to be raised, it needs to be 'fixed' period. There are a ton of filler ratings that literally do NOTHING. They have been tested and discussed ad nauseum on different sites and yet EA did nothing. In that video clip with the missed lead block (flat out ignores closest defender), it doesn't matter if his awareness would have been a 99, he would still pull shit like that off.

For example, with oline, all that literally matters is RUN and PASS BLOCK ratings. Impact block if you have extra XP to burn, and all that does is increase your dice roll chance of a pancake block on a pull (toss, power-0, etc). For dline, literally all you need is BLOCK SHED and either POWER MOVE or FINESSE (dont waste in both). Strength and awareness don't do shit this year. In your secondary, 91 zone coverage is all you need. Thats the threshold where the defender AI will break on a pass during the QB's throwing motion. Literally before he even separates his ball secure hand from the football, they break on the pass like superman.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:58 AM 05-22-2018

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:09 AM 05-22-2018
Looks like you shit your pants when he broke free :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:33 AM 05-22-2018
"You don't understand the game"
[Reply]
New World Order 11:26 AM 05-22-2018
Looks like you shit your pants when he broke free :-)
:-)

There wasn't a blitz. I didn't expect NT to come through unblocked.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:42 AM 05-22-2018
and the other thing I'm reminded of, is how useless play action is.
I mean, yeah, you might hit a big play on play action, but I don't think it's because of the PA part of the playcall. when you watch replays, viturally no defender ever reacts to the PA. you could run the ball 20 plays, and pass 2, and the defenders will still not react to the run fake.

Therefore.....just sling it on every down lol. Granted, most of my playing comes from playing as a Player/Position so maybe that game mode is different. but in that mode....if you're not a RB, running the ball is effectively a worthless option.

seems like Madden is very close to making an awesome game if they would just fix a few fundamental parts of the game. But it seems they're more worried about featuring color rush uniforms, or Longshot Mode etc. I've never played online, so I have no idea how that mode is, if it's as broken as the rest of the game.

Madden would be an awesome game if it was $30-40.
but each year, $70 for basically the same game year in and year out....pffft.

I still play it a lot, (well, as much as I'm able to / availability), but getting a new copy each year basically depends if I get a gift card or not lol. otherwise, I 'll buy a 2 year old used copy for $15 each year.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:47 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
and the other thing I'm reminded of, is how useless play action is.
This is true.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:03 PM 05-22-2018
Oh yeah I forgot to :-) @ 'New QB Arm Animation' and 'New Punting Interface'
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:56 PM 05-22-2018
Better than the game breaking kick block bug
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:19 AM 05-23-2018
And it's barely changed from 2014.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:21 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
I just wish that they still made it for PC.

I really should just bit the bullet and buy a PS4 but from the sounds of it, Madden hasn't improved much.
It never really made leaps, but we're into major diminishing returns now.

It's been like that forever. Just buy a new one every 4 or 5 years. Then you can actually notice a difference instead of paying 60 bucks for a roster update and a few new animations.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:53 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
I post on OS, muthead and reddit a lot. Been playing competative for the last few maddens.
Im Kanobi over on OS. Im an offline franchise mode guy but Madden '16 is the only one I've bought in the last five or six years. I'm hoping '19 takes a BIG step forward in terms of gameplay.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:12 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Im Kanobi over on OS. Im an offline franchise mode guy but Madden '16 is the only one I've bought in the last five or six years. I'm hoping '19 takes a BIG step forward in terms of gameplay.
Don't hold your breath bud. I can see them doing a makeover for CFM, naturally MUT will be the biggest focus as thats what brings the money in with all the tourneys. As far as gameplay, its not going to take a big step unless they recode the entire game ai and get the 'animation triggering' shit out.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 30
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up