ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Media Center>Finally a movie I've marked my calendar for
Nzoner 07:15 AM 05-18-2018

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:46 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
No matter how much I once liked a band, and at one time Judas Priest was my favorite, I can't get excited about ~70 year old guys playing this kind of music. It's probably unfair of me and their most recent album is pretty darned good IMO, so I hope you have a great time.
You should check out some of their recent concert footage, Halford still has the pipes man

They still have onstage energy thanks to a few new members who are younger guys as well, KK Downing for sure is retired and maybe even Tipton too if memory serves
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:09 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

But I loves me some Priest, have plans to see them for the first time this summer
I saw them live once,1979 they opened for KISS. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You should check out some of their recent concert footage, Halford still has the pipes man

They still have onstage energy thanks to a few new members who are younger guys as well, KK Downing for sure is retired and maybe even Tipton too if memory serves
KK retired prior to the release of Redeemer of Souls. He was replace by Richie Faulkner, who interestingly enough had been playing guitar for rock singer Lauren Harris, daughter of Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris.

Tipton still appeared on Firepower but there was some dispute about his contributions, since he had publicly come out and said he had Parkinson's. One thing wasn't in doubt though, Faulkner was a major contributor to the songwriting and the album was heavier as a result.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:16 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Have you seen the kemper arena super 8 footage from 1978? I didn’t see them until 82, but there is great stuff in here of what was clearly an epic concert. A great bit of it’s late right in the middle.

https://youtu.be/8pwp0OAbD3g
I was at that '78 concert. Upper level front row, right off the side of the stage. Great concert.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 AM 02-26-2019
No matter how much I once liked a band, and at one time Judas Priest was my favorite, I can't get excited about ~70 year old guys playing this kind of music. It's probably unfair of me and their most recent album is pretty darned good IMO, so I hope you have a great time.
JP isn't like seeing Kiss or Def Leppard. Those guys suck live. Priest is still amazing despite their age.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:21 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
JP isn't like seeing Kiss or Def Leppard. Those guys suck live.
If for nothing else KISS in '79(still the original line-up) was amazing for the stage show alone.

But yeah absolutely no desire to see them now
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
If for nothing else KISS in '79(still the original line-up) was amazing for the stage show alone.

But yeah absolutely no desire to see them now
Yeah, they're terrible now. Haven't aged well at all.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:32 AM 02-26-2019
Yeah, they're terrible now. Haven't aged well at all.
Not only that but I refuse to pay the kind of money some of these dinosaurs are wanting,the last show I paid over $100 for was Roger Waters performing The Wall.

I rarely go to concerts anymore but if I am it's usually a newer band that's reasonably priced like The Record Company in KC in June.Just paid $35 fees and all and the band is a real up n comer IMO.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:49 AM 02-26-2019
JP isn't like seeing Kiss or Def Leppard. Those guys suck live. Priest is still amazing despite their age.
I saw them in the early 80s and enjoyed it as they were the top of the heap for me at the time. I didn’t care about Kiss nearly as much, but I thought they did alright live when I saw them around that time too.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:58 AM 02-26-2019
I saw them in the early 80s and enjoyed it as they were the top of the heap for me at the time. I didn’t care about Kiss nearly as much, but I thought they did alright live when I saw them around that time too.
Speaking of the early 80's and KISS,the strangest billing I ever saw for a concert even to this day was Molly Hatchet opening for KISS.To say it was a mixed crowd is beyond an understatement.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:05 PM 02-26-2019
Not only that but I refuse to pay the kind of money some of these dinosaurs are wanting,the last show I paid over $100 for was Roger Waters performing The Wall.

I rarely go to concerts anymore but if I am it's usually a newer band that's reasonably priced like The Record Company in KC in June.Just paid $35 fees and all and the band is a real up n comer IMO.
I’m with you on that. I’m not sure what it would take to get me to pay for a Sprint Center act these days.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:16 PM 02-26-2019
Speaking of the early 80's and KISS,the strangest billing I ever saw for a concert even to this day was Molly Hatchet opening for KISS.To say it was a mixed crowd is beyond an understatement.
I saw Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot back in the day at Memorial Hall. That was a great show.
[Reply]
Nzoner 12:24 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I saw Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot back in the day at Memorial Hall. That was a great show.
Would've like to have seen Blackfoot,saw MH twice once with Danny Joe and once with Jimmy,much preferred Danny's vocals.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 02-26-2019

I can see most of my favorite bands for under $20 - that's the benefit of listening to niche music, I guess.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 02-26-2019
I’m with you on that. I’m not sure what it would take to get me to pay for a Sprint Center act these days.
I went to the Sprint Center last year but that was to take my girls to see 21 Pilots. It was actually a pretty decent show, even if it's not my style of music.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up