ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Media Center>Finally a movie I've marked my calendar for
Nzoner 07:15 AM 05-18-2018

[Reply]
Nzoner 12:03 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Going to catch a nice buzz and take my firework girls to see this.They have yet to see it and are in their 20's,so I'm hoping it gives them a little appreciation of why the old man raves about certain music like I do.
Did thhis toniht and hey loved it......

[Reply]
Nzoner 09:49 AM 12-08-2018
Don't even remember typing that :-) I did come to at 3:30 a.m. in my computer chair and no thankfully I wasn't that wasted during the movie.

2nd time was better than the first though except the sound,compared to IMAX our local theatre's sound sucked.
[Reply]
Munson 10:11 AM 12-08-2018
The last 20 or 30 minutes was epic.

They could've made the whole movie about their Live Aid performance and I still would've gone to see it.
[Reply]
eDave 10:31 PM 01-06-2019
Best Actor and Best Motion Picture at the Golden Globes tonight.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:43 AM 01-07-2019
great movie, Rami deserved the win, though I thought ASIB overall was the better picture.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:44 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
great movie, Rami deserved the win, though I thought ASIB overall was the better picture.
Agreed. I'm kind of shocked that Gaga didn't get Best Actress. I figured she was a shoe-in.
[Reply]
vailpass 01-07-2019, 10:48 AM
This message has been deleted by vailpass.
mikeyis4dcats. 11:34 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Agreed. I'm kind of shocked that Gaga didn't get Best Actress. I figured she was a shoe-in.

i havent seen the winning movie, so i cant say. but i agree Gaga certainly has a great performance. i thought cooper had great sht at director as well...directing, starring, singing.
[Reply]
underEJ 06:27 PM 01-07-2019
I won’t go as far as saying I didn’t like a Star is born, but I wasn’t a big fan of any of the other versions either and it didn’t break any new ground for me at all. I loved Bohemian Rhapsody, but I know that comes with 35+ years of Queen fanaticism so I didn’t expect awards for the movie. For me in 2018, Blackklansman is without a doubt the best picture. It is a masterpiece of this era.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:43 PM 01-07-2019
Backlash against this movie winning awards.

I guess no one mentioned Bryan Singer at all during the acceptance speeches...
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:02 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
I won’t go as far as saying I didn’t like a Star is born, but I wasn’t a big fan of any of the other versions either and it didn’t break any new ground for me at all. I loved Bohemian Rhapsody, but I know that comes with 35+ years of Queen fanaticism so I didn’t expect awards for the movie. For me in 2018, Blackklansman is without a doubt the best picture. It is a masterpiece of this era.

Haven't seen Blackkklansman yet.

Never seen the other versions of a ASIB. The story isn't what did it for me, it was the whole package. Direction, actual live singing by the actors.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:56 PM 02-23-2019
Picked this up last night and wow... I was absolutely floored, as far as I'm concerned its the best movie about a rock band ever made

I didn't appreciate their greatness during the heyday, liked some of their songs sure, but wouldn't have bought an album or went to see them in concert... my young and dumb musical tastes only cared about macho cock rock like Crüe etc

And who cares about some "gay" band anyway?... what a dummy

This movie was triumphant, and Rami Malek was SENSATIONAL... he had Mercury down STONE COLD, you'd swear it was Freddie up there

The pacing was absolutely perfect, this movie NEVER gets bogged down

I feel awful about what happened to Freddie, damn near ready to cry... his talent was extreme and he was a very caring, gentle soul who got pulled in by the wrong crowd

5 stars all day, every day
[Reply]
007 03:20 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Picked this up last night and wow... I was absolutely floored, as far as I'm concerned its the best movie about a rock band ever made

I didn't appreciate their greatness during the heyday, liked some of their songs sure, but wouldn't have bought an album or went to see them in concert... my young and dumb musical tastes only cared about macho cock rock like Crüe etc

And who cares about some "gay" band anyway?... what a dummy

This movie was triumphant, and Rami Malek was SENSATIONAL... he had Mercury down STONE COLD, you'd swear it was Freddie up there

The pacing was absolutely perfect, this movie NEVER gets bogged down

I feel awful about what happened to Freddie, damn near ready to cry... his talent was extreme and he was a very caring, gentle soul who got pulled in by the wrong crowd

5 stars all day, every day
You know they aren't a gay band right?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
You know they aren't a gay band right?
I was speaking from the small mind of my 15-16-17-18 year old self

Didn't think they were all gay even back then, but Freddie was enough to kinda make me keep my distance... it was complete idiocy, and of course I see that now
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:53 PM 02-23-2019
So are they going to start making these biopic movies now? Saw that Elton John is having a similar movie made about him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:16 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
So are they going to start making these biopic movies now? Saw that Elton John is having a similar movie made about him.
Yep, spent three hours this morning watching interviews, docs and concert footage trying to reacquaint myself with Queen and several had that trailer as the opening ad

I hope it's a trend, but not sure Elton's movie will have the same impact... whoever plays better be incredible to even try to approach Malek
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up