ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 181
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:49 PM 03-22-2019
Lol....man I love Brucey. He placed more importance on winning the big xii and “stopping KU” than winning in the ncaa tournament. So much so that he ran Dean Wade into the ground the last three games so he couldn’t play anymore going forward.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 PM 03-22-2019
Deadspin headline: Upset Of The Day: Gardner-Webb Toppled By Team No One Believed In

:-)

KSU was obviously a tossup game, no "advanced hysterics" required.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:33 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
That UNI loss pissed me off probably more than any college bball game in recent memory. That was a National championship caliber team that choked bigtime against a team that caught lightning in a bottle.

[Reply]
TLO 09:59 PM 03-22-2019
Somewhere in the world - Rust Shack cries out in agony.
[Reply]
jimidollar 01:57 AM 03-23-2019
LOL!!!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Or losing to RI in oKc crushed my soul.
We have had way too many bad beats in the tournament. If we lose today, which I see as a 50/50 game, it wont be crushing. Most here will admit this years team is flawed. That said.....

Dotson is going to be a force in the next 3 years. Contender for national player of the year before he graduates. Doke probably stays. We should have a great team next year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:37 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We have had way too many bad beats in the tournament. If we lose today, which I see as a 50/50 game, it wont be crushing. Most here will admit this years team is flawed. That said.....

Dotson is going to be a force in the next 3 years. Contender for national player of the year before he graduates. Doke probably stays. We should have a great team next year.
McCormack, Ochai, and Dotson all have very high ceilings. The 3 should be a very solid core for the next few years.

I don’t know what to expect from Grimes. It doesn’t seem like he does any one thing all that well.

Doke has had 4 injuries in 3 years. To me, anything we get from him is a bonus. I’m not getting my hopes up with him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:42 AM 03-23-2019

Yeah. It’s a different experience to not have expectations in the second round. I didn’t want to lose to Northeastern, but this one feels like a tossup.

Is Auburn where Bruce Pearl went? If so I hope we beat that smug puke by 60
[Reply]
DJay23 09:18 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. It’s a different experience to not have expectations in the second round. I didn’t want to lose to Northeastern, but this one feels like a tossup.

Is Auburn where Bruce Pearl went? If so I hope we beat that smug puke by 60
Yes this is Pearl's team.

I couldn't agree more about expectations. Avoid a first round embarrassment was the most I was really expecting. Beyond that we're playing a team that's pretty much level with us. Can't get too upset with a loss. It would be cool to play to seed and get to KC, but I'm not expecting anything.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:47 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJay23:

I couldn't agree more about expectations. Avoid a first round embarrassment was the most I was really expecting. Beyond that we're playing a team that's pretty much level with us. Can't get too upset with a loss. It would be cool to play to seed and get to KC, but I'm not expecting anything.
but if we win, then we get to be embrassed in KC by Roy. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:50 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJay23:

Agreed. Fuck Bruce Pearl with a fucking bulldozer.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:29 AM 03-23-2019
We have had way too many bad beats in the tournament.
Nah, some people just choose to focus on the failures.

If you say the first round is a 1 and winning the NC is 7, the average exit for KU in the past 18 years is 3.666 and Duke is 3.7777.... and if you take out Self's two first round exits because he was transitioning off Roy's team (and Duke didn't have a new coach in that time), KU goes up to 4, which is the average of an Elite Eight exit.

Kansas / Duke
NC - 1 / 3
Runner Up - 2 / 0
Elite Eight - 5 / 2
Sweet Sixteen - 3 / 7
2nd Round - 3 / 2
First Round - 2 / 3

It obviously doesn't account for seeding, but if someone want to focus on being a 1 seed and losing to a 4 or whatever, then boo-hoo, maybe find a different sport.

I could have gone back further (this missed a couple of KU's 2nd round losses, but also another one of Duke's 1st round and 2nd round exit each... it missed another Duke NC, but also another Runner up and EE and SSs for KU..... doubt it would have moved an 18 year average much)....... Maybe UNC or UK make out better, despite their NIT seasons. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:33 AM 03-23-2019
As far as the game today, my hope every year is to get to the point of a toss up game so I can just crack open a beer and be pleasantly surprised (well, not that I wasn't jumping up and down in my living room, screaming at my TV, at the end of the Duke game)..... unfortunately, that comes in the 2nd round this season.

And if they do win today and happen to get their asses handed to them against UNC, then meh.... they've kind of owned UNC in the tournament since Roy left, so whatever.
[Reply]
Scooby_Doo 10:36 AM 03-23-2019
IS EVERYONE READY TO WATCH YOUR KANSAS UNIVERSITY JAYHAWKS!!!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:41 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
As far as the game today, my hope every year is to get to the point of a toss up game so I can just crack open a beer and be pleasantly surprised (well, not that I wasn't jumping up and down in my living room, screaming at my TV, at the end of the Duke game)..... unfortunately, that comes in the 2nd round this season.

And if they do win today and happen to get their asses handed to them against UNC, then meh.... they've kind of owned UNC in the tournament since Roy left, so whatever.
UNC is our worst matchup possibility outside of Thursday and today. Playing UNC would be like Fort Hays State paying the Dream Team.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 181
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173 > Last »
Up