ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 386
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Great Expectations 01:13 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I don't think they would introduce it like that, "by the way I have this horn that controls dragons" Nobody would believe him. Now if he went to attack Dany, used the horn to control the dragon then brought that back with him then yeah.
He wouldn't need her if he had the dragons.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:15 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
He wouldn't need her if he had the dragons.
Only if he's serious about wanting to marry her.

Euron's back and forth with Jaime was fantastic, as well.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 01:15 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm loving Sandor's growth right now. I can't say he's had the best character development as I'd have to give that to Jamie (although show Jamie still can't touch book Jamie), but he's come a long way. Seeing that family dead as a direct result of his actions probably wouldn't have given him pause even up to seasons 4-5 and now it's weighing on his heart heavily enough to bury them during a storm. He's fighting tooth and nail to remain faithless yet he can't ignore all of this evidence he's seeing forever.

Also, at first I thought it had potential to be corny AF when Thoros told him to look in the flames, but they did a good job of not actually showing the vision and having him narrate instead.. speaking of, anyone know the significance of "the mountain, looks like an arrowhead"?
I took that to mean his brother The Mountain. I guess you could say he looks like an arrowhead in a way.

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:19 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
If he already had the horn....then you think that he would have mentioned it and that would have been the cliffhanger at the end of the episode.

I think he'll just bring her the sand snakes dead.
This is my guess. As long as the one gets naked again before she goes down.

I'm loving Sandor's growth right now. I can't say he's had the best character development as I'd have to give that to Jamie (although show Jamie still can't touch book Jamie), but he's come a long way. Seeing that family dead as a direct result of his actions probably wouldn't have given him pause even up to seasons 4-5 and now it's weighing on his heart heavily enough to bury them during a storm. He's fighting tooth and nail to remain faithless yet he can't ignore all of this evidence he's seeing forever.

Also, at first I thought it had potential to be corny AF when Thoros told him to look in the flames, but they did a good job of not actually showing the vision and having him narrate instead.. speaking of, anyone know the significance of "the mountain, looks like an arrowhead"?
Hounds storyline has been damned compelling for awhile now. The lead up and then the fight with Brienne along with the aftermath of Arya not killing him was incredible television. Just amazing.

I think that mountain is the fist of the first men. Pretty sure that's where the battle takes place they showed in the previews. IIRC that is where Sam and Jon found the horn and dragon glass.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:30 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
I took that to mean his brother The Mountain. I guess you could say he looks like an arrowhead in a way.

I thought that as well. The mountain in question is not a geological mountain but his zombie-fied brother.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:36 PM 07-17-2017
speaking of, anyone know the significance of "the mountain, looks like an arrowhead"?
Sam said something about a mountain of dragon glass then rushed a message off to Jon. :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:41 PM 07-17-2017
Sandor sure can dig a grave.
[Reply]
Sorter 01:48 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Sandor sure can dig a grave.

[Reply]
Sorter 01:55 PM 07-17-2017
Would be absolutely shocked if Dragonbinder shows up in the show. They're going on a different path with Euron than the books will. It's a shame because they could have had a second serious baddie (in addition to the WW) if they'd started building his character in S5 instead of the Dorne disaster.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:02 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Would be absolutely shocked if Dragonbinder shows up in the show. They're going on a different path with Euron than the books will. It's a shame because they could have had a second serious baddie (in addition to the WW) if they'd started building his character in S5 instead of the Dorne disaster.
Yeah, they should have left Dorne out of it all together and focused on creating more depth from Euron, it would have been great to see him reaving and raping exotic coastlines.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:58 PM 07-17-2017

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:57 PM 07-17-2017
So Dragonglass is going to cure Jorah.

Originally Posted by :
Take a look at this screengrab of the book that Sam was reading. As you can see, there's a passage that discusses the medicinal qualities that ingesting dragon glass can have on someone that's ill.

Originally Posted by :
Who else in the show has previously contracted greyscale?

Yep, you guessed right. Princess Shireen, and she managed to live a relatively healthy life until her father burned her at the stake.

Care to guess where Princess Shireen lived for the majority of her life? Dragonstone. The same place that has a mountain of dragon glass hidden beneath the surface.

[Reply]
Frazod 04:12 PM 07-17-2017
Hmm. I'll bet he'll be annoyed as fuck when he realizes he could have hopped on the ship with Dani and gone straight to the cure. :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:25 PM 07-17-2017
Also, it's weird they talk about no cure and no maester read that book or knew about dragon glass curing it? I find that hard to believe. Although I do think the maesters at the citadel are lazy assholes though and something weird is up with them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:00 PM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Also, it's weird they talk about no cure and no maester read that book or knew about dragon glass curing it? I find that hard to believe. Although I do think the maesters at the citadel are lazy assholes though and something weird is up with them.
The Maesters strike me as either kind of ignorant outside their little sphere of influence, or maliciously not giving a fuck about the general population and thinking a little culling of the herd would do Westeros some good, therefore fuck defending them.

But Sam already basically told us no one believed him, so if they don't give a fuck about the dead, they don't give a fuck about finding ways to defeat them, and going out to find dragon glass to cure one dude probably isn't in their interests either.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 386
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up