ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 275 of 300
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:29 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
It's funny seeing the reactions to that episode. Some places have "this was good, that was bad" breakdown. Another board I'm on has overall positive reviews from last night. Then I come here and it exactly as expected - "show sucks, end it".

Personally I'm glad they didn't kill Rick, even though it got a bit hokey that every scene would get a hair away from death only to have him get out of it. I think they learned their lesson from Glenn, once they build a character everyone loves, its off-putting to see that person die a horrible death. And I hope Rick makes his way back to the show after a couple years.

I'm curious where they go from here. It could reinvent the show and get back to being great, or it could end up like The Office without Michael Scott where every episode is just awkward because the supporting characters can't carry the show on their own.
I don't know what I'm expecting or wanting from the show any longer. My interest in it is just "meh." I used to have several people that I cared enough about to watch just to see what happened to them, but I've seemingly stopped caring about everyone on the show. That sucks because I used to have a vested interest in Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl, Maggie, & Carol. There were others as well, but I turned in every week to see what happened to them.

Watching Rick "die" last night, I knew he wasn't really dead the moment the bridge exploded. There was never the touching, tearful, goodbye to everyone. He was just there, telling them "no" and the next second he was gone. That's not how TWD does major character deaths.

Maybe the show will survive and last another 5 years with some made for TV movies mixed in, but I think the odds are against it.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:06 AM 11-05-2018
IMHO the dream with Shane was fantastic, Hershel was okay, but Sasha didn't make any sense - I cannot recall one significant scene between the two of them. I'm guessing they burned the bridge with Chandler Riggs so bad there was no change of getting Carl. Were Lori and Glenn too busy?
That was my wife and I's take on the dream sequences. Was really hoping to here Glenn say "Hey a***ole" to Rick one last time.

In the end Rick is now the Gendry of TWD.
[Reply]
sedated 11:15 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I knew he wasn't really dead the moment the bridge exploded.
I think there would be an overwhelming "that was so stupid" reaction if he had died in the explosion - he was blowing up dynamite by shooting it, and there was no reason not to take a few steps back before firing, especially for a guy that has spent the last X years hitting walkers in the head from seemingly endless range. Him surviving made that complaint moot.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:33 AM 11-05-2018
I think there would be an overwhelming "that was so stupid" reaction if he had died in the explosion - he was blowing up dynamite by shooting it, and there was no reason not to take a few steps back before firing, especially for a guy that has spent the last X years hitting walkers in the head from seemingly endless range. Him surviving made that complaint moot.
So we are to believe he survived a explosion, walkers, a roaring river, massive blood loss, and found dry on the side of a river... right... I bet Rick and Morgan show up to save the day at the series finale....
[Reply]
eDave 12:42 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
That was my wife and I's take on the dream sequences. Was really hoping to here Glenn say "Hey a***ole" to Rick one last time.

In the end Rick is now the Gendry of TWD.
I was waiting for Carl as well. I loved the episode. Negan and Maggie's scene was awesome.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:50 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I was waiting for Carl as well. I loved the episode. Negan and Maggie's scene was awesome.
Couldn't believe they had frickin Sasha but not Glenn or Carl or Lori. I can kinda understand Carl and Lori since he was "looking for his family" but Glenn seems like he would've been a better choice than Sasha.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:59 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Couldn't believe they had frickin Sasha but not Glenn or Carl or Lori. I can kinda understand Carl and Lori since he was "looking for his family" but Glenn seems like he would've been a better choice than Sasha.
Or Abraham...
Or T Dog...
Or Dale...
Or Tyreese

Anyone but Sasha
[Reply]
bdj23 01:20 PM 11-05-2018
IMHO the dream with Shane was fantastic, Hershel was okay, but Sasha didn't make any sense - I cannot recall one significant scene between the two of them. I'm guessing they burned the bridge with Chandler Riggs so bad there was no chance of getting Carl. Were Lori and Glenn too busy?
The part with Shane was good, but beyond that it was stupid af. Plus, you expect me to believe a 10 year old is pulling off 100 yard head shots with a Colt Python? Give me a break... the ending was just too corny.

BUT WE GOT MORE SPINOFFS COMING SOON!
[Reply]
sedated 01:25 PM 11-05-2018
Or Abraham...
Or T Dog...
Or Dale...
Or Tyreese

Anyone but Sasha
I'm 99% sure Dale never would've come back after his bad blood with producers. And they had that knowledgeable old guy role filled with Hershel.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:27 PM 11-05-2018
I'm 99% sure Dale never would've come back after his bad blood with producers. And they had that knowledgeable old guy role filled with Hershel.
Makes sense but the larger point being why of all people did they choose Sasha?
[Reply]
lcarus 01:52 PM 11-05-2018
Shit that was Maggie's last episode too. Weird. They expect her back at some point but she's done for this season at least.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:53 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Shit that was Maggie's last episode too. Weird. They expect her back at some point but she's done for this season at least.
Really? I guess I missed that.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:00 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by Kman34:
So we are to believe he survived a explosion, walkers, a roaring river, massive blood loss, and found dry on the side of a river... right... I bet Rick and Morgan show up to save the day at the series finale....
Do you believe that dead people come back to life by the millions and walk the earth looking for brains to eat?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:06 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do you believe that dead people come back to life by the millions and walk the earth looking for brains to eat?
Have you ever been to a Wal-Mart Black Friday sale?
[Reply]
sedated 02:36 PM 11-05-2018
Makes sense but the larger point being why of all people did they choose Sasha?
I'm guessing they can spin it into something about how Sasha realized it was her time when she had the chance to commit suicide and have the zombie version of herself kill Negan, considering her dream sequence was telling Rick that it's fine to go ahead and die.

But in reality they probably just couldn't find anyone else.
[Reply]
Page 275 of 300
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285 > Last »
Up