ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>Shameless (Showtime)
kcxiv 05:55 PM 01-31-2011
Anyone seen this show? its fucked in every way, but i love it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:56 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
She's been sacrificing herself for the family her whole life. She never got to be a kid. She had a chance for some me time, while supporting the fam, and took it for once.
Never said otherwise...
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:01 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Yes, but like I said, none of her behavior up to that point had had any direct effect on anyone other than her (and her boyfriend).
Consider what Debbie had been going through (dating an older guy, hooking up in the bathroom), what Lip had been struggling with at school (remember her hanging up when he really needed to talk), as well as everything with Carl and Frank. She doesn't know anything about any of this, has had no impact, positive or otherwise, on any of them. I'd call that an effect in and of itself.

I think Lip and Debbie earlier in the episode (and Sheila all season) were foreshadowing of what happened at the end. Fiona had already been gone in spirit, now she's going to be gone for real.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:05 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Never said otherwise...
Sorry man, wasn't putting words in your mouth. Just responding with what you're post made me think of...
[Reply]
DMAC 01:48 PM 02-12-2014
I was out of town and bored in a hotel Monday night. Was flipping through and ended up on the O.D'd kid episode. Never even heard of the show until then.

WTF.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:52 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by DMAC:
I was out of town and bored in a hotel Monday night. Was flipping through and ended up on the O.D'd kid episode. Never even heard of the show until then.

WTF.
You have to watch it from the series beginning to get full depth of how fucked up it is. And funny...
[Reply]
DMAC 02:13 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You have to watch it from the series beginning to get full depth of how fucked up it is. And funny...
I'm not sure I want to. That night I dreamt I was in a big fight with all my friends and my six year old son got jacked in the face and was unconscious.

I'm guessing the two are related.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:38 PM 02-12-2014
I'm not sure I want to. That night I dreamt I was in a big fight with all my friends and my six year old son got jacked in the face and was unconscious.

Wow. Yeah, maybe this one isn't for you. It doesn't get any less disturbing outside of the kid and the Coke. That was a new low...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:07 PM 02-12-2014

It is a wildly perverse show. But it's usually perverse in a funny way.

Occasionally, never more so than this week, it's perverse in an 'over the line, Smokey' way. But usually more in a 'man, this family will do anything to get by' way.

It truly is about a family without shame, they'll steal, they'll scam for lawsuits or government $$, they'll deal drugs, eff over their friends, whatever it takes to put $$ in their pocket and stay under the radar.

And you'll marvel at times what they come up with and how brazenly they go about it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It is a wildly perverse show. But it's usually perverse in a funny way.

Occasionally, never more so than this week, it's perverse in an 'over the line, Smokey' way. But usually more in a 'man, this family will do anything to get by' way.

It truly is about a family without shame, they'll steal, they'll scam for lawsuits or government $$, they'll deal drugs, eff over their friends, whatever it takes to put $$ in their pocket and stay under the radar.

And you'll marvel at times what they come up with and how brazenly they go about it.
"I pay $50 at the Thai place and they do your laundry."

"Thai whores, stealing jobs from honest Americans."

"Your girls are Russian."
[Reply]
vailpass 09:29 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
"I pay $50 at the Thai place and they do your laundry."

"Thai whores, stealing jobs from honest Americans."

"Your girls are Russian."
They eat with forks,not sticks don't they?
[Reply]
mike_b_284 09:50 AM 02-13-2014
Anyone watch the UK version? I watched the final season last month.
[Reply]
KC Dan 11:49 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by mike_b_284:
Anyone watch the UK version? I watched the final season last month.
yes, I am on season 10 now. I tried watching the US version but found the UK version much better IMHO
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:29 PM 02-17-2014
Dr. Archie Grimes LIVES!!

EDIT to add: When Fiona made bail, I was all 'Don't be Mike, Don't be Mike. . . '

It was Mike, what a gold star good guy.

This show punches you on the way down and on the way up.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:54 PM 03-10-2014
I gotta give credit, they have dealt with the Fiona fallout flawlessly. It was a gutpunch, but one they followed through on that. Right now Fiona is

But she deserves to be, for a while.

And the follow up episodes have been top knotch.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:02 PM 03-10-2014
Liam= pussy magnet for Lip
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up