ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 221
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:01 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Probably good thing I left the kayak down engulfed in the rocks so I wouldn't try that again this week lol
On the other hand I do have a couple inflatable rafts I could try but I think I'll save them for the lake this weekend .
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:28 AM 06-06-2018
Was talking to a fishing guide that guides at Lake Texoma. He said he was fishing in 70 feet of water and there was a solid 30 feet of fish under the boat. The lake is really healthy.
[Reply]
loochy 08:06 AM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Was talking to a fishing guide that guides at Lake Texoma. He said he was fishing in 70 feet of water and there was a solid 30 feet of fish under the boat. The lake is really healthy.
It's the time of year to follow the seagulls to the giant striper schools.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sofa King 04:43 PM 06-06-2018
Anyone got a link to a good fishing kayak for small bodies of water? Bonus if it's camo as I would like to try duck hunting out of it as well.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:46 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Anyone got a link to a good fishing kayak for small bodies of water? Bonus if it's camo as I would like to try duck hunting out of it as well.
Here ya go :

https://www.austinkayak.com/products...yABEgIqvvD_BwE
[Reply]
Sofa King 04:57 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Here ya go :

https://www.austinkayak.com/products...yABEgIqvvD_BwE
Wow. And a steal at only $3,500.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:42 PM 06-06-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Actually, it was really dumb (if he went where I think he did).

Dude, did you even research it before hopping in?

This movie was shot on May 21, so conditions were most likely similar to what you experienced, right?

Ok so maybe it wasn't such a grand idea I ever had. Have you heardof the narrows? It's a part of the RACETRACK that I took unbeknownst to me. Apparently some kayakers pulled out a folded in half red kayak that was up against the rocks with heavy current flowing.

I met some rafters and kayakers as I was fishing under a broken up bridge down streem from where I was has my learnin experience. They were cool of course their kayakers were more designed for it and one guy had a kayak skirt that keeps water out of the kayak. Had I had one of those I think I could have made it. They were all glad I made it out of their alive with only bruises and scratches all over my legs.

I wonder what stupid crazy thing I'm bound to do next time my brain has an idea?
:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:05 PM 06-07-2018
If pulling out moss was the objective idve nailed it.

Now God did shine his light uponeth me today as if Moses parting the Red Sea

I found a Christ Cross necklace & I thought maybe it's a sign so I go up top to my car and crack open a nice cold bottle of Coca-Cola when two vans pull up and at least two dozen college girls from UNM geology class. They go down to my watering hole and God Bless America undress to swim. Ok they weren't naked but damn it was a nice view as I reeled in some more moss.
[Reply]
loochy 07:42 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

I found a Christ Cross necklace & I thought maybe it's a sign so I go up top to my car and crack open a nice cold bottle of Coca-Cola when two vans pull up and at least two dozen college girls from UNM geology class. They go down to my watering hole and God Bless America undress to swim. Ok they weren't naked but damn it was a nice view as I reeled in some more moss.
Worthless without pics
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:46 AM 06-08-2018
I have a Nucanoe
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:35 PM 06-08-2018
Honestly ,if you can get your hands on a 13' Gheenoe you will love it.If you're not familiar its like a canoe but square in the back. I've had one for nearly 30 years. Great for fishing and duck hunting and will float in inches of water.

Here's the old boy that invented them:

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:47 PM 06-21-2018
So after a dismal 2017 fishing season, this year has been outstanding thus far

While the quantity is down, the quality has been way up thanks to my mantra for 2018... 'lunkers or bust', just been following the old wisdom that if you want big fish, use big bait/lures

Havent caught more than 2 fish on any given outing so far, but they've all been solid keepers, including one 5-6 pound bass that was a top 5 in my life fight, this suckers head was literally as big as my hand

Been exploring new fishing holes to keep it interesting, caught the bruiser bass at one state park last saturday that I'd never been to, fishing another state park north of me this weekend that I havent been to since a boy... heres to hoping everyone else is getting out of the house and slaying them too
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:09 PM 06-21-2018
The Fisting Thread - a parody seems like a fun idea.
[Reply]
loochy 07:10 AM 06-23-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
The Fisting Thread - your mom seems like a fun idea
[Reply]
listopencil 09:44 AM 06-23-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:

Searched around & only found the video fisting & assmasters threads, i know their are plenty of backdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fisting.

I only use spincast feels & fist mostly large/small mouth ass & kitty. My choice of feels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound ass & 10-20 pound kitty on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Perky powerbaits are a big part of my dick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on sister twister scented white curly tail grunts, on one day fisting for sores to a bridge position, i caught smallies, big mouths, pervs & even 1 crap believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas pigged perky worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of lover without getting hung up.

With kitty i strictly bottom fish, no boober & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, lover/chunk of cheese etc. Kitty are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fist on? What do you fist for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's brown trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?

[Reply]
Page 151 of 221
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201 > Last »
Up