ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 221
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:18 PM 06-26-2016
Headed down to Sebastian Inlet tomorrow. Hope to catch something nice in this very fishy part of Florida.

http://www.sebastianinletdistrict.co...ml?method=list
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:24 PM 06-26-2016
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Headed down to Sebastian Inlet tomorrow. Hope to catch something nice in this very fishy part of Florida.

http://www.sebastianinletdistrict.co...ml?method=list
Color me very jealous, it looks like theres an amazing variety to be had there

Good luck, hope you land a monster
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:12 PM 06-26-2016
I swear to God General Ackbar was patrolling the waters last week when I went out night fishing and told the fish not to take the bait "it's a trap".

WTF I always get something but I got zilched but nairley even a bite.

Fuck you General Ackbar fuck you!

:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:20 PM 06-26-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I swear to God General Ackbar was patrolling the waters last week when I went out night fishing and told the fish not to take the bait "it's a trap".

WTF I always get something but I got zilched but nairley even a bite.

**** you General Ackbar **** you!

:-)
General Ackbars art of war clearly states "It is called fishing, not catching'"
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:43 PM 06-30-2016
I bought a bass pro qualifier reel back in April. I have tried many settings to get it to cast further. It's casting distance sucks.

Bought me an Abu Garcia Revo SX in 6.4:1 today. Hoping it is much better.
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:35 PM 07-02-2016
You ever lose a fish that you know was going to be a big one?

Had that heartbreaking moment today. Whatever it was, took my line and ran with it. Pulling drag, bending the hell out of my rod. I had a few seconds to fight back before it spit the lure out. I must have not set the hook well.

I have been bummed ever since. I would've been pumped just to see what it was and how big before it spit it out.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:25 AM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
You ever lose a fish that you know was going to be a big one?

Had that heartbreaking moment today. Whatever it was, took my line and ran with it. Pulling drag, bending the hell out of my rod. I had a few seconds to fight back before it spit the lure out. I must have not set the hook well.

I have been bummed ever since. I would've been pumped just to see what it was and how big before it spit it out.
Always a rotten feeling

I gotcha I gotcha I gotcha!... AWWW SHIT!
[Reply]
threebag 11:15 AM 07-03-2016
Had some asshole in a boat run over my lines. I was fishing from the bank. So i went and bought a wrist rocket for the next time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:18 AM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Had some asshole in a boat run over my lines. I was fishing from the bank. So i went and bought a wrist rocket for the next time.
That sucks, I've never understood some peoples need to be asshats like that

A lot of the bass tourney guys think they run shit around here
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:23 AM 07-03-2016
4 in rain has pond back up. Probably try to catch some bass in am. Im watching smoker filled with butts. Trying to set plan for a bourbon. Thinking 5pm is about right.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:26 AM 07-03-2016
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
4 in rain has pond back up. Probably try to catch some bass in am. Im watching smoker filled with butts. Trying to set plan for a bourbon. Thinking 5pm is about right.
I had definite plans for fishing this weekend that have been ruined by the weather, rained all day yesterday and is doing the same today

Instead of fun in the sun I am stuck in the house looking at Chiefsplanet :-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:44 PM 07-03-2016
What is everyone's go to for largemouth?

We catch most of our fish on a Storm 4" shad. It has caught us a wide variety of fish. Has a top hook and a treble. I also like to use 3-6 ft crank baits.
[Reply]
Delaney37 11:54 AM 07-04-2016

We catch most of our fish on a Storm 4" shad. It has caught us a wide variety of fish. Has a top hook and a treble. I also like to use 3-6 ft crank baits.
This time of year I use primarily spinner baits in the shallows along weed beds early in the morning when it's cooler. Vary it with both willow blades and colorado blades and sometimes add a trailer tail for a little more action. As the day heats up I move into the deeper water in the brush piles and fish plastic worms texas rigged in the brush piles. I have had pretty good success also with a rat-l-trap in shallow to medium depth water this time of year.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:02 PM 07-04-2016

been hot on wacky rigged worms
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:40 AM 07-27-2016
Sorry it took so long to get around to this. Got my PC cockpit set back up.
This is the first of the 4 lunkers I have now caught this year.

[Reply]
Page 111 of 221
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up