ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 221
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:15 AM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Limited out this morning in about 40 minutes.

Crappie
Details, man, details!

I'm looking forward to getting down to Truman for some slabs in the next few weeks.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:55 PM 03-25-2016
Took a backcountry charter out of Islamorada with my youngest this morning. Caught a mess of snapper and a few specks. The boy tied into a stingray which was hilarity watching an 8 year old freak out when he was fighting something that heavy.

I "caught" a freaking loggerhead today too which was insane. My guide has been fishing for 50 years and has never snagged a sea turtle before. After an insane "fight," we managed to get the poor guy unhooked and released safely.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:34 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Took a backcountry charter out of Islamorada with my youngest this morning. Caught a mess of snapper and a few specks. The boy tied into a stingray which was hilarity watching an 8 year old freak out when he was fighting something that heavy.

I "caught" a freaking loggerhead today too which was insane. My guide has been fishing for 50 years and has never snagged a sea turtle before. After an insane "fight," we managed to get the poor guy unhooked and released safely.
Isla Morada, is that where they keep the dinosaurs?

Such an epic day... pics please?
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:54 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Details, man, details!

I'm looking forward to getting down to Truman for some slabs in the next few weeks.
Pm me before coming down and if there isn't any family down I can probably point you right where to go.

If they are biting anywhere it's there.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:13 PM 03-25-2016
Pm me before coming down and if there isn't any family down I can probably point you right where to go.

If they are biting anywhere it's there.
I'll definitely do that. My wife was just saying how she's never limited at Truman. It's been a long damn time for me too.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:19 PM 03-25-2016
I'll definitely do that. My wife was just saying how she's never limited at Truman. It's been a long damn time for me too.
Lol, TECHNICALLY... My spot is below the dam so it would be on the ozarks. Lol.

I'll post a pic of a pic next time I go to the in laws.

It's crazy
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:21 PM 03-25-2016
Couple years ago my 5 year old and FIL and nephew caught so many so fast I never put a line in, just pulled fish off of theirs and the them back. My daughter pitt het line in and told papa she was hung up immediately. He told her she wasn't just pull the fish out. Lol

On thanksgiving day.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:03 PM 03-25-2016
Couple years ago my 5 year old and FIL and nephew caught so many so fast I never put a line in, just pulled fish off of theirs and the them back. My daughter pitt het line in and told papa she was hung up immediately. He told her she wasn't just pull the fish out. Lol

On thanksgiving day.
Lol, TECHNICALLY... My spot is below the dam so it would be on the ozarks. Lol.

I'll post a pic of a pic next time I go to the in laws.

It's crazy
Are you fishing from the bank or a boat?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:00 AM 03-26-2016
Are you fishing from the bank or a boat?
Dock.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:48 AM 03-26-2016
Dock.
Are you sure you aren't fishing into an aquarium at bass pro?
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:03 AM 03-26-2016
Headed to Taneycomo for some Trout fishing in about a month. Looking forward to it
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:00 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Are you sure you aren't fishing into an aquarium at bass pro?
I'm positive.

I'm sure dartgod is familiar with the spot if he's been around the dam at all.

It's just a private dock in a great location that has had beds that were built and maintained for over 20 years by some very smart crappie lovers.

In an area that is heavily fished and traveled, but really is open with not much underwater cover for a ways. They all just stay in this cover built under this big ass dock.

Pull up a door and catch fish.

And damn I should have proof read that post to dart last night lol
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:38 AM 03-27-2016
I am getting ready to buy a Deeper fish finder. I used one once before and they are really cool. It is basically a transducer that you can cast and then it connects to your smart phone via Bluetooth. You can cast it or attach it to a kayak or canoe. As you reel it in or drift along you get live sonar, water temperature, depth, etc. It is a game changer for fishing from the bank. There are plenty of demonstration videos on YouTube.

https://buydeeper.com
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:45 PM 03-27-2016
Since you guys were talking about Truman....
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/out...e68451422.html
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:59 PM 04-10-2016
My father and I caught probably 25-30 White Bass Friday and Saturday out at Canton lake, OK. Probably around 10 of those were 2+lb's with the largest weighing 2.62. We were hoping for some walleye but only had one, which came off the hook next to the boat.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 221
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up