ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 24
« First < 142021222324
The Lounge>Eric Berry Released!
T-post Tom 02:15 PM 03-13-2019
It's done. The spirit is free. (Don't go towards the light.)

The #Chiefs have released S Eric Berry. End of an era in KC.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019



The Chiefs have released Berry with a post-June 1 designation, a source tells me. Means the Chiefs will save around $9.5m on the cap this year and $5.5m next year.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 13, 2019


Quotes on the release of veteran safety Eric Berry from #Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt, head coach Andy Reid, and general manager Brett Veach. pic.twitter.com/ibDvPWjtQk

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) March 13, 2019


[Reply]
-King- 05:44 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
From my understanding you never "recover" from Haglund's, you just deal with it since it's a pain management thing. So, if he goes on to have a pro bowl year with someone else, I think we should all question WTF he was doing in KC during the 2018 season.
He played with haglunds for years before this. He had issues with his heel for a long time. It just became a major problem last year. Just like John wall had it and played on it for years but had to get surgery this year.

Here's an article from 2014 when he left practice with a heel injury: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...le1201261.html
[Reply]
-King- 05:46 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sarcasm aside, Haglund's doesn't heal. It's personal pain management, and Pest has a point.
The spur can become bigger or smaller and a year with almost no football may have made it small enough to play on consistently.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:48 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Pissed? I'll be elated. It just proves myself and others right regarding our assessment of him and his "character".

Besides, if he had a problem getting sideways with KC, he's gonna' REALLY love Jerruh! :-)
Hey moron Jeff Allen said he never meant someone who loves football as much as Berry. So just based on that pretty obvious if the guy could have played more last season he would have.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:54 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
He played with haglunds for years before this. He had issues with his heel for a long time. It just became a major problem last year. Just like John wall had it and played on it for years but had to get surgery this year.

Here's an article from 2014 when he left practice with a heel injury: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...le1201261.html
Here's the thing - the Chiefs didn't IR Berry all season because they left it in his hands to decide if he could play every week. He played parts of three (four?) games last year with only having an impact in one half of one of those games. The offseason arrives, and he chooses not to have surgery on his heel in which he would have recovered in 4-6 weeks (likely faster for him being a pro athlete and having access to all the resources he would have). So, logically, presumably, he's going to be dealing with the same issues in '19 as he did in '18 since nothing has changed for him physically.

If he goes to another team and makes a huge impact and earns post season accolades, it absolutely is not out of bounds to ask what the hell was going through his mind during the near majority of the '18 season, because something just won't be adding up.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:58 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Here's the thing - the Chiefs didn't IR Berry all season because they left it in his hands to decide if he could play every week. He played parts of three (four?) games last year with only having an impact in one half of one of those games. The offseason arrives, and he chooses not to have surgery on his heel in which he would have recovered in 4-6 weeks (likely faster for him being a pro athlete and having access to all the resources he would have). So, logically, presumably, he's going to be dealing with the same issues in '19 as he did in '18 since nothing has changed for him physically.

If he goes to another team and makes a huge impact and earns post season accolades, it absolutely is not out of bounds to ask what the hell was going through his mind during the near majority of the '18 season, because something just won't be adding up.
This was expressed examplary.
[Reply]
-King- 06:01 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Here's the thing - the Chiefs didn't IR Berry all season because they left it in his hands to decide if he could play every week. He played parts of three (four?) games last year with only having an impact in one half of one of those games. The offseason arrives, and he chooses not to have surgery on his heel in which he would have recovered in 4-6 weeks (likely faster for him being a pro athlete and having access to all the resources he would have). So, logically, presumably, he's going to be dealing with the same issues in '19 as he did in '18 since nothing has changed for him physically.

If he goes to another team and makes a huge impact and earns post season accolades, it absolutely is not out of bounds to ask what the hell was going through his mind during the near majority of the '18 season, because something just won't be adding up.
They thought it would go down on it's on and be playable later on the season. They bet wrong. I don't see what's wrong with that. He had played on it for years. They probably thought they could play on it another year.

It's just crazy to me to question his character and will when he's been through more shit than most other players and has remained professional and tried his best to play through injuries. The one time he can't, he gets drug through the mud. It's fucked up.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:03 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Here's the thing - the Chiefs didn't IR Berry all season because they left it in his hands to decide if he could play every week. He played parts of three (four?) games last year with only having an impact in one half of one of those games. The offseason arrives, and he chooses not to have surgery on his heel in which he would have recovered in 4-6 weeks (likely faster for him being a pro athlete and having access to all the resources he would have). So, logically, presumably, he's going to be dealing with the same issues in '19 as he did in '18 since nothing has changed for him physically.

If he goes to another team and makes a huge impact and earns post season accolades, it absolutely is not out of bounds to ask what the hell was going through his mind during the near majority of the '18 season, because something just won't be adding up.
Lets not make this more complicated than it needs to be. The doctor told him he didnt need surgery so he isnt having surgery. I dont see what the big deal is.

Didn't most of you claim (and this isn't directed at you Bowser) that he was going to have surgery just to fuck the Chiefs so they couldnt cut him? Now he isnt getting surgery. Because of that using CP logic he is a piece of shit because since he isnt having surgery he clearly was faking his injury last season?

Man this guy cant win on this board.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:04 PM 03-18-2019
Broke dick cancer boy who won't play through hurt. Who wants him?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:06 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Broke dick cancer boy who won't play through hurt. Who wants him?
Good upgrade for the Donx. Better get on it!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:07 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Broke dick cancer boy who won't play through hurt. Who wants him?
Calling him 'cancer boy' now? Jesus....
[Reply]
Bowser 06:21 PM 03-18-2019
Here's the disconnect I'm apparently having - Haglund's can shrink on its own? That changes my mind, if true. And also I've read another report on it that it could take two years to fully recover from it, so I get why he'd rather not go that route.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:23 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Good upgrade for the Donx. Better get on it!
That's no shit.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:23 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Calling him 'cancer boy' now? Jesus....
Haglund's boy suit you better? I'm flexible. Either way dude's a quitter.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Good 06:27 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Here's the disconnect I'm apparently having - Haglund's can shrink on its own? That changes my mind, if true. And also I've read another report on it that it could take two years to fully recover from it, so I get why he'd rather not go that route.
Bone spurs dont shrink. Pain tolerance could go up, and pain management could improve.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:49 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Haglund's boy suit you better? I'm flexible. Either way dude's a quitter.
Call him whatever you want I seriously doubt he cares. Just thought cancer boy is a little ridiculous. Tons of ppl die from cancer every year getting it and beating it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Either way ive moved on from Berry I suggest you do the same. No need to hate the guy.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 24
« First < 142021222324
Up