ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Devey to the Fade
jjchieffan 01:01 PM 03-21-2019
I really thought that the Chiefs would lock him up for another year or 2. They've spent a lot of time developing him and he did pretty good filling in at center last year when Morse went down. He just got a one year deal. Details undisclosed.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:38 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Drafting for need in the 1st round of the draft is even less smart.

But keep convincing yourself that Reiter's more than a placeholder.
The Chiefs can draft for need/BDPA, when they need help at every position, after fielding a 31st ranked D.

And I never said Reiter should be the starter, I'm not opposed to drafting a C all together...just not w/ the Chiefs first few picks, not when the D needs help everywhere.

Not sure how this Tyreek Hill thing will effect things...that's also a potential kick in the nuts that could change how they draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:39 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So we've lost our #1 and #2 center from last year? This team sure doesn't like to invest at center. I'm fine with losing Morse, but at least some continuity would be nice.
I'm fairly certain they're taking one in the first 2 days at this point. Unless that Ben Jones thing comes through (and I'm not sure Jones is even that good).

I don't expect McCoy to fall to the back of the 2nd but if he or Elgton Jenkins are there when we pick late in the round, I think its really likely they go that route.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 01:45 PM 03-21-2019
He is 31 and when at his best, he is just average. He is fine for depth but some seem to be thinking a little to highly of this man.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:48 PM 03-21-2019
Jimmy Murray, Khalil McKenzie - we got this

We might even sign Brett Jones....
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:50 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I really thought that the Chiefs would lock him up for another year or 2. They've spent a lot of time developing him and he did pretty good filling in at center last year when Morse went down. He just got a one year deal. Details undisclosed.
Developing him?

LOL.

He was "well-done" and gristled by the time we acquired him....
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:30 PM 03-21-2019
Yeah he’s just a guy. I thought he would have taken a small deal to stay.

Oh well I guess, but I’d have thought it would be good to keep him on a small deal.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:36 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Developing him?

LOL.

He was "well-done" and gristled by the time we acquired him....
I would say that he has improved while in KC. He looked awful in preseason 2017 and went unclaimed when we cut him and we re-signed him a few days later. We all were surprised that he was brought back. But, he looked better in 2018 preseason and did just fine starting until he got hurt last year. I would call that developing him. I get it that he spent 3 unproductive years in the NFL before the 3 years that he spent in KC. But that's half of his career to this point and I don't think that you can deny that he's a better lineman now than when he first came to KC. I'm not saying that he's a probowler. Just that he's solid depth. He had value to the Chiefs as depth.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 03:39 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Reiter is awful
Wrong!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:43 PM 03-21-2019
So we've lost our #1 and #2 center from last year? This team sure doesn't like to invest at center.
Meh, not worried. I hear that Mahomes can hike the ball and throw it.
[Reply]
scho63 04:13 PM 03-21-2019
Is there anyone left on the Chiefs except Mahomes, Kelce and Fisher?
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:21 PM 03-21-2019
So we've lost our #1 and #2 center from last year? This team sure doesn't like to invest at center. I'm fine with losing Morse, but at least some continuity would be nice.
That is how I see it. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:33 PM 03-21-2019
Oh noes. The guy who got hurt after a couple of games of spot duty is gone.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:14 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Drafting OL early when the D is in desperate need of an overhaul is not smart.

Keep convincing yourself your mock pick was a good one. :-)
Gotta make sure our franchise bread and butter is protected. Defense ain't winning anything anytime soon.
[Reply]
johnparet 04-11-2019, 03:14 PM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up