ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>THANK YOU Will Shields
gblowfish 03:46 PM 03-19-2019
I have a football that, at the time of the signing, had all the Chiefs in the HOF on it. I'll never be able to get DT because he's gone now. It does have Buck Buchanan's signature before he passed. Anyway, I wanted to try to get the other guys who were Chiefs for most of their career to sign: Curley Culp, Emmitt Thomas, Tony G, Johnny Robinson.

Yesterday I dropped the ball off at 68 Inside Sports, owned by Will Shields. I went by there back in February, but they told me Will was in Atlanta at the Super Bowl, and to come back in a few weeks. So today I went back and he had graciously signed the ball for me! THANKS WILL SHIELDS! What a nice guy!

Next month I'm sending it down to Monroe, LA to have Johnny Robinson sign it. I've been in touch with his family and they're going to get it done for me.

After that I'll have to try to find Culp and Thomas. I'm thinking Gonzo is going to be an especially hard get. But I'll keep trying!
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 08:21 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Gonzo will only sign it if it has other Atlanta Falcons greats on it
I actually have a Chiefs pennant signed by Tony G. He was still with the team for some kind of charity auction in KC.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:20 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
He's the only one of the remaining guys I can think of that would probably charge me for his autograph.

Don't devalue your football with Tony Gonzalez autograph.

Cool that you got Will Shields and all those names :-)
[Reply]
threebag 10:29 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Go **** yourself
Calling eDouche for another warning
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:35 AM 03-20-2019
I think you would have to make a donation to charity of his choice for TG's signature. I don't recall him being a Saturday attraction at the auto mall kind of guy.

Actually if you give him 5 minutes with scho63, (after the "Keep the ball" comment) in a dark maintenance hallway about 5 stories down, he may sign it for free.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:09 PM 03-20-2019
I was thinking about the deal with DT. He was put into the HOF after he passed away, so he never could have signed a HOF ball while he was alive anyway.

I fear the same thing may happen with Otis Taylor, sad as that is. Otis is too old, frail and sick to sign a football now anyway. Really heartbreaking how the NFL has treated him.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:50 PM 03-20-2019
I think I will neg rep bomb you GB if you get Tony G autograph on the same ball as the Chiefs you mentioned. He is not worthy.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:17 PM 03-20-2019
While we're thanking Will Shields, I'll also thank him for the 14 seasons of service with 12 straight pro bowls.
[Reply]
SPchief 09:34 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He lives down here. .
No he doesn't
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:48 AM 03-21-2019
Will was a neighbor of mine when I was a kid
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:40 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Go **** yourself
QQ
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:35 AM 03-21-2019
Here's a picture of the ball. Will Shields signed it right below Jan Stenerud. You can see Len Dawson at the top, Bobby Bell to the left, Willie Lanier to the right.

[Reply]
Rain Man 09:46 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Will was a neighbor of mine when I was a kid
Did he always get picked first in the neighborhood football games?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:14 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by SPchief:
No he doesn't
he told us he lives in the area asshole.

[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 03:55 AM 03-22-2019
Good stuff man! Hope you get the rest of the sigs that are available!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up