ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Pick The Perfect Pump For My Pickup
Dinny Bossa Nova 06:06 PM 02-14-2019
I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500, white in color. It has 2 regular doors and 2 suicide doors. It has a front seat and this flip up kinda back seat thing that I am unable to flip up or down again when I do manage to flip the fucking thing up there. Maybe I should find a youtube video.

It's a 2WD. A 5.3. The right side strap on the tailgate got chewed off a long time ago.

It needs a fuel pump.

I am looking on the Rock Auto website. They have all the parts my car will ever need and I'm only needing this one, so I think I'll have a go.

I like the AC/Delco, Delphi and Denso, but not in that order. I'm leaning heavily towards the Delphi over the AC/Delco. I would certainly entertain the Denso over the Delphi. But this ain't my real problem.

What is throwing off my ching is the w/evap or wo evap. I looked underneath by the spare tire and didn't see the canister thingy, but not for very long. It was cold, understand.

Thanks in advance for your help. And please don't start argufyin' and try and get along with one another.

Dinny
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 01:57 PM 03-04-2019
Okay. Thanks, man.

Will make the scene up there when I'm mobile.

Dinny
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:22 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Dinny Bossa Nova:
Okay. Thanks, man.

Will make the scene up there when I'm mobile.

Dinny
Cool cool. Look forward to seeing you.
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 06:17 PM 03-08-2019
So it had two electric connectors. I ordered this one.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...m_content=ITEM

Rockauto had it for 6 bucks less, but Advance gave me 25% off for my email address and had free shipping.

When the dust cleared and after tax & license, I got it for 132 bucks for a cool savings of 32 bucks.

I think me and the ol' lady gonna get a bottle of cold duck and do it up right. We like to throw on a Bangles CD and stagger like a couple of Egyptians.

Dinny
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 06:03 PM 03-21-2019
They laughed. They scoffed. Until I pulled it off.

I finally got it done. Did it by myself in the driveway.

A floor jack, two jack stands, two ratcheting tie down straps and an unwavering endeavorment to perservere.

I was as proud of myself as a saintly old crippled-up bossa novalist could be. So I yanked off the winter socks where my toes have been hibernating for the entire season and proceeded to cut those shaggy, crusty old toe nails to my heart's content.

God, I feel so liberated!!!

And I can get in the truck and go somewhere if I want.

I'm thinking Osceola for some cheese and then over for some consultation with SAUTO about Mercedes parts over a hippie sammich lunch.

I'll probably call him later.

Dinny
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:43 PM 03-21-2019
HemiEd isn't too far from you and he has a fig tree....just sayin'
[Reply]
hometeam 03-21-2019, 09:09 PM
This message has been deleted by hometeam.
Rain Man 10:51 PM 03-21-2019
Related to your flip-up seat, my BMW has a pass-through from the front console to the trunk. Ostensibly it's for carrying things like skis that are too long for the trunk, or perhaps giving your cat a good place to hang out on long road trips.

I've had the car for four or five years and I've never been able to open the thing. I asked at the dealership once when the car was in for service, and one of their goons wrestled with the thing for several minutes until he popped it open with a really loud pop that sounded like it wasn't good for the latch. He said, "See? It works." He then closed it and I've never been able to get it open again.
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:47 AM 03-22-2019
Congrats on completing this tough job! :-)

(and I still like your username!)
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 08:53 AM 03-22-2019
The gas gauge has not worked for a long time so I didn't know how much gas was in the tank until I put in the new pump.

There was 3/4 tank full.

No wonder it was so heavy.

Dinny
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:55 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
The perfect pump for you

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up