ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 293
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:53 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Nah, Self would find a way to fuck up in the E8
:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:13 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Charlie Moore.

If we start three freshman, that will be a disaster. We weren't even very good when we started the #1 and #3 picks in the draft in Wiggins and Embiid.

Dotson
Grimes
Langford (if we get him)

As a 1, 2 and 3 it would take a leap of faith to think we would be very good. I think Grimes is the only freshman next year that will start.

Charlie Moore is a Top 50 recruit with 1 year in the system, and will be 3 years older than Dotson. I would imagine he starts the year off as the PG, and if Dotson takes it from him eventually we would be in good shape.
Didn't Langford just score 63 points the other day? And you don't think he would be a starter?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:16 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Oh how I hope and pray DeSousa returns! Dude is a baller
I can't even tell if you're joking anymore.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Right now, here is who is scheduled to be at KU:

Newman*
Vick*
Azubuike*
Lightfoot
Garrett
Cunliffe
De Sousa
Moore
D. Lawson
KJ Lawson
Dotson
Grimes
McCormack

* Denotes possible or likely early departure.

Newman MIGHT come back if he believes that playing one more year can make him comfortable and allow him to play into the back end of the first round - which is doubtful, so he might just jump and go to Europe if the NBA doesn't want him.

Vick is still crazy athletic and can shoot - same situation as Newman.

Udoka has all of the natural talents you want in a big man. NBA shooting coaches can likely fix his shot better with him on the bench for 82 games than anyone in college can over a summer.

Having said that, none of these three guys are on any mock draft's radar. We could lose all of them or none of them. But it seems pretty clear Self expects at least one to be gone, since we are currently at our allotted scholarship number, and the team just offered Agbaji and is still recruiting Langford hard.

Also, Agbaji just picked up the KU offer and promptly scheduled an announcement for tomorrow (today) at 2:00 PM.
Vick aint leaving after this year. His value is at its lowest right now.

Newman might come back if he thinks it can get him into the first round.

Doke will be back. He isn't a 1st rounder because he needs to learn how to rebound better.

Help me out here, isn't Agbaji a 3 star recruit type that usually goes to Div.1 colleges like Mo State? I know Self saw him in person, so if KU offers I'm good with trusting Self but this is unusual, right?

Next years team looks like on paper, the deepest most talented team Self has had in a long time, agreed?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:57 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Doke will be back. He isn't a 1st rounder because he needs to learn how to rebound better.

Help me out here, isn't Agbaji a 3 star recruit type that usually goes to Div.1 colleges like Mo State? I know Self saw him in person, so if KU offers I'm good with trusting Self but this is unusual, right?

Next years team looks like on paper, the deepest most talented team Self has had in a long time, agreed?
I've quit trying to guess. Diallo had no business entering the draft and he did it anyway. And dudes like him are why Silver is talking about changing the rules. Kids do weird stuff man.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:29 PM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Didn't Langford just score 63 points the other day? And you don't think he would be a starter?
If Langford comes, he starts and Grimes first off the bench. If not think Grimes starts. Now in March, maybe that is a different story. But Self generally doesn't like to start bunches of freshmen.

I imagine it looks like this

Moore
Vick/Newman (1 probably stays)
Grimes
D Lawson
Udoka
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:35 PM 02-08-2018
Grimes is starting. End of discussion regardless who comes.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:59 PM 02-08-2018
Tourney is a crapshoot anyway
Its really not.

Granted the best team doesn't always win, but it's certainly not a crapshoot.

I think a lot of Kansas fans tell themselves that due to all of their early rd exits in the tournament, thus trying to justify the team's failures.

It's been 10yrs since KU won their NC, and yes they advanced to a NC game 6 years ago in 2012, but that honeymoon period is long gone.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 05:34 PM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Its really not.

Granted the best team doesn't always win, but it's certainly not a crapshoot.

I think a lot of Kansas fans tell themselves that due to all of their early rd exits in the tournament, thus trying to justify the team's failures.

It's been 10yrs since KU won their NC, and yes they advanced to a NC game 6 years ago in 2012, but that honeymoon period is long gone.
It depends on what one means by "crapshoot". If one means even a double digit seed has a really good chance to win it, then no.

If one means that the real difference between the elite teams isn't really that much in the age of the one and done, and, as the field condenses to be a majority of said teams, that any fortunate/ill fated bounce/shot/pass can leave you with a euphoric/cruel ending, then it absolutely is.

Being "favored" in the regionals often won't mean much if the other team si on fire. If you can't hit the ocean. If fouls are called tighter, or a key injury kills your chemistry.

But I have no doubt one of the really good teams will win it. They will probably be the regular season champion of their conference (as 7 of the past 10 champions were (Duke one year and the ultimate outlier UConn, twice). But which one of those? There is no certainty.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:26 PM 02-08-2018

Self likes a combination of immediate contributors and long term guys in his recruiting classes.

In 2014, we had Wiggins and Selden pegged as the immediate impact guys and Embiid/Frankamp/Greene/Mason were the long term guys. Embiid became an immediate impact and left, but Selden stayed so it evened out.

2015 was similar. Oubre and Alexander were the immediate contributors. Graham was more of the long term player.

Doing this allows Self to get better immediately and keep the cupboard loaded for the next few years. It’s a pretty smart play with a history of success for him. That’s my thought on today’s signing.

Yes, next year appears to be the most talented team on paper since 2010. That team was loaded:

Starters:
Sherron Collins
Tyshawn Taylor
Xavier Henry
Marcus Morris
Cole Aldrich

Bench:
Brady Morningstar
Elijah Johnson
CJ Henry
Tyrel Reed
Markieff Morris
Thomas Robinson
Jeff Withey

Forced Non Freshmen Redshirts:
Mario Little
Travis Releford
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:30 PM 02-08-2018
Are you willing to concede that old bet on Vick early then?

Originally Posted by :
Newman isn't getting drafted into the NBA. Doubt that will change after any season in his college career, but whether he comes back might depend on what Self can tell him about playing time next year.

Originally Posted by :
He needs to learn to do everything better. And what he's actually got at in college (back to the basket scoring), the NBA has no use for. He'll be back for sure.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:02 PM 02-08-2018
The last 100 UNC-dook games it's 50-50

Dook has scored 2 points more in that time.

I wish we had a basketball rival
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 09:04 PM 02-08-2018
The last 100 UNC-dook games it's 50-50

Dook has scored 2 points more in that time.

I wish we had a basketball rival
We should just play Kentucky every year.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:25 PM 02-08-2018
Now UNC leads by 2
[Reply]
Lzen 09:15 AM 02-09-2018
I don't know much about these NBA mocks and which ones are reliable, but NBADraft.net has Vick as a late 2nd round pick as of a week ago.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 293
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up