Yards (1959)
Completion percentage (72.4%)
Fewest interceptions thrown (0)
Yards per attempt (8.7)
Rating (120)
Game winning drives (3)

Unfortunately he is the:
2nd most sacked quarterback (21)

(He has played 7 games, while 30 other quarterbacks have played 6, but these stats don't lie)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Even a 2nd would be a nice addition to improve the front 7.
Yep. And hell, package that with the other 2nd and move up into the 1st if you need to. If it's Cleveland or some other fairly high pick, it might not even take that much.

The Chiefs got pretty much dick from the 49ers to move out of the 1st a couple of years ago; a couple of 3rd day picks. Granted, they don't have as many of those next year due to trades but I think they still have their 3rd and 4th, no? So if you traded Smith for a 2nd and then packaged that with a 3rd for a 1st and 5th, you'll end up with a 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 next year and effectively a 'full' draft rather than the kinda bare bones one we're looking at now.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:47 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've never had any expectations of a 1st, though my 'what if' scenario actually has played out.

I said when the season started that the only way I could see the Chiefs getting a 1st was if a team in the 20s needed a short-term bridge at QB but had the defensive skill to be a playoff team right away. The Jags are just perfectly situated there.

They need an upgrade at QB and have no definitive long-term answer. Their defense may well keep them from being able to trade way up and grab a guy in the top 10 who could play immediately, especially given the state of the rest of their division.

So if they give up a 1st for Smith and extend him for 3 years (taking him from 34-37) with an out after the 2nd year of the extension, they have a perfect setup to take a developmental QB in the 2nd round and have him waiting in the wings.

But yeah, it's far more likely that we end up with something like the Browns 2nd rounder. The Jets might also be a possibility.
I think the Vikings could be added to this list.
[Reply]
O.city 01:50 PM 11-03-2017
Yep. And hell, package that with the other 2nd and move up into the 1st if you need to. If it's Cleveland or some other fairly high pick, it might not even take that much.

The Chiefs got pretty much dick from the 49ers to move out of the 1st a couple of years ago; a couple of 3rd day picks. Granted, they don't have as many of those next year due to trades but I think they still have their 3rd and 4th, no? So if you traded Smith for a 2nd and then packaged that with a 3rd for a 1st and 5th, you'll end up with a 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 next year and effectively a 'full' draft rather than the kinda bare bones one we're looking at now.
Just another 2nd, if it's that high, I'd just sit on and take my picks.

They need bodies and talent in the front 7. Two 2nd rounders would help
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:55 PM 11-03-2017
Yeah and none of the 3 can block worth a shit. I would keep Harris or Travis and really try and find a good blocking tight end
Really makes you appreciate Jason Dunn, maybe one of the most underrated Chiefs players ever.
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Really makes you appreciate Jason Dunn, maybe one of the most underrated Chiefs players ever.
Yeah he was a big part of that run game

He was basically a big tight end but he helped a lot
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 11-03-2017
Yeah he was a big part of that run game

He was basically a big tight end but he helped a lot
He was basically a small right tackle.
[Reply]
O.city 02:12 PM 11-03-2017
Basically yeah

The propensity with which we end up with a premier league she rusher on a tight end now is frustrating

Watching Harris try and block von is well, not good
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:45 PM 11-03-2017
Robinson dropped that ball Sunday and got shuffled off to the side a bit. Perhaps that's fair.

But I think Robinson's gonna make us forget all about Conley. His initial explosion is just a better fit for the offense than Conley's slow build up. Conley could stick around as a red-zone target but I think Robinson will have won that job outright by next season. I really really like what I'm seeing from him out there.
Couldnt agree more, Conley is a long strider who needs time to hit top gear, whereas Robinson is much more explosive... Conley is a keeper, but he'll likely be demoted a notch
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:50 PM 11-03-2017
I've posted it before but he is the largest human being I have ever seen in person. He looked like the Predator.

Maybe we can teach Allen Bailey how to play TE on running plays?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:51 PM 11-03-2017
So what stats are MVP leading in right now?
[Reply]
stevieray 03:59 PM 11-03-2017
That guy is anything but small.
[Reply]
Color Red 04:22 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Touchdowns (15)
Yards (1959)
Completion percentage (72.4%)
Fewest interceptions thrown (0)
Yards per attempt (8.7)
Rating (120)
Game winning drives (3)

Unfortunately he is the:
2nd most sacked quarterback (21)

(He has played 7 games, while 30 other quarterbacks have played 6, but these stats don't lie)

Two things I would say:

Alex is the best I know at taking a "good" sack. That is when, taking the loss in the situation is better than an illadvised pass, or throwing the ball out of bounds is not available or without penalty. Ready to take the loss, punt if necessary, and live to try again.

Second, I am always fascinated by what motivates. Is it really the draft of a hot shot gun slinging quarterback prospect that makes someone further exert themselves? Really? I have liked Alex and thought we were getting his best. Or that there were plays he couldn't make, and I was resolved to that. I guess I was wrong.
[Reply]
thegame214 04:25 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Color Red:
Two things I would say:

Alex is the best I know at taking a "good" sack.
Him and Michael Sam have that in common at least.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:51 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
So what stats are MVP leading in right now?
1ST in QB Rating - 115.4, Yds/attp - 8.42, INTs - 0

2nd in yds - 2,181

3rd in TDs -16 and compl % - 69.1

5th in Yds/gm - 273 yds

7th in Total QBR - 64.3

He also has 32 attps for 154 rush yds, 1 Rushing TD
[Reply]
temper11 04:51 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Color Red:
I am always fascinated by what motivates. Is it really the draft of a hot shot gun slinging quarterback prospect that makes someone further exert themselves? Really? I have liked Alex and thought we were getting his best. Or that there were plays he couldn't make, and I was resolved to that. I guess I was wrong.
This could be it, but I doubt it.

Why is there no possibility given that, as an organization, they realized that playing conservatively wasn't yielding the ultimate results they wanted and so decided to play more aggressively? New Offensive Coordinator this year... might have jumped in Andy's ear and made the case that they needed to be more aggressive and stretch the field. Not to mention that the defense is no longer able to be relied on to shut everyone down, they may have realized that the offense was going to need to ramp up to compensate. Shitty defense, Smith is now "managing the game" (by taking more risks) accordingly to compensate for said shitty defense. The quickest way to lose your starting job is to lose games. They won a shit ton of games playing conservatively over the past few years. So changing that formula, if not for the reason of the declining defense, doesn't really make sense from a Smith point of view.

This reason to me, makes more sense than just the addition of Mahomes. Smith has been playing almost his entire career with half the stands calling for his replacement. Nothing really new here.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Up