ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak rejected $30 million/yr offer
RunKC 02:38 PM 08-12-2019
This guy is pressing for $40 million a year. I hope Jerry is stupid enough to give it to him :-)

Dak Prescott has turned down a $30M/year deal and is seeking $40M/year, per @SlaterNFL pic.twitter.com/MCOwLDcu6s

— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) August 12, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 07:20 PM 08-15-2019
And..... he’s franchised.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 12:56 AM 08-16-2019
Dak has clearly been watching too much Undisputed. Skip's trolling act has literally brainwashed Dak into believing that he is the next Tom Brady, lmao.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:43 AM 08-16-2019
Mahomes will get what? Atleast 35 mil per? Cousins is 28 guaranteed a year. Obviously not as good as Mahomes you could argue hes as good as Cousins. 30 mil seems about right they are asking 34? Seems like they arent too far off. I'd rather hedge my bet on a QB on the draft at that number though.
[Reply]
Flying High D 04:50 AM 08-16-2019
Henne better than thak
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:32 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I wasn't using my "eye test" but the commonly held eye test that most football analysts seem to be using.

My eye test says that Dak is mediocre at reading defenses. That he is not terribly accurate downfield. That he has a tendency to "pull the string" on long passes, possibly because he knows he's not accurate downfield. That he has timing issues. That without a top-5 offensive line, a top-5 RB, a Pro-Bowl caliber WR/TE, and a top 10 defense, he is not capable of consistently executing scoring drives when they are necessary.
n other words, he looks a lot like Derek Carr.

He does not look like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc.
Period.

But by all means, I do hope he gets his 40 million/yr. It will make for some pretty good jokes downrange when everyone finally realizes that he's not worth half of that.
Exactly what I was thinking. And we all see how that worked out for the Fade making Carr the highest paid QB in the league (when he signed). I think that Jones is smart enough to realize that. We'll see if he is soon enough.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 09:34 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I wasn't using my "eye test" but the commonly held eye test that most football analysts seem to be using.

My eye test says that Dak is mediocre at reading defenses. That he is not terribly accurate downfield. That he has a tendency to "pull the string" on long passes, possibly because he knows he's not accurate downfield. That he has timing issues. That without a top-5 offensive line, a top-5 RB, a Pro-Bowl caliber WR/TE, and a top 10 defense, he is not capable of consistently executing scoring drives when they are necessary.

In other words, he looks a lot like Derek Carr.

He does not look like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. Period.

But by all means, I do hope he gets his 40 million/yr. It will make for some pretty good jokes downrange when everyone finally realizes that he's not worth half of that.
Dak’s biggest problem, and the reason he’ll never be truly elite, is his average arm. He can’t make those outside the hashmark throws that all the elite qb’s can.

Matt Eberflus, former Cowboys defensive coordinator, shut him out completely last year by taking everything away except those outside passes and deep throws. They lost to the Colts 23-0.

It’s the main reason he fell to the 5th round of the draft.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:30 PM 11-06-2019
Dak is one of the few areas of that team holding it back. I mean, damn, they have some elite guys across the board. WR is maybe a little thin after WR1, but an improvement over Prescott would get them to the Super Bowl.

It's hilarious that they'll probably pay this guy, which is the exact opposite of what they should do.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:42 PM 11-06-2019
And BOOM. Random thought central
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:06 PM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by jason54858:
Everyone is being silly. Despite your eye test, Dak is a starting caliber QB who has been to multiple pro bowls and has led his team to the playoffs twice. QBs who have done that are worth 30 million dollars or more in today’s NFL. Period Mahomes will go for 45-50 when his time is up, and when he does that QBs will be worth much much more.
This isn't aging very well to this point in the season . . .
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:09 PM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Dak’s biggest problem, and the reason he’ll never be truly elite, is his average arm. He can’t make those outside the hashmark throws that all the elite qb’s can.

Matt Eberflus, former Cowboys defensive coordinator, shut him out completely last year by taking everything away except those outside passes and deep throws. They lost to the Colts 23-0.

It’s the main reason he fell to the 5th round of the draft.
Or the 4th, but who's counting?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up