ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 705 of 2687
« First < 205605655695701702703704705 70670770870971575580512051705 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
rico 05:43 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The conundrum for me, . . . I mean clearly we will charitably accept forfeiture from any non-conference opponent.

But when it comes to the AFC-W, do we allow them to throw in the towel ahead of time, or do we subject them to the embarrassment of actually facing Mahomes as part of a long-term strategy? I mean, at some point Mahomes will be entering his late 50s and his skills might start to wane, and glorious victory returns to something slightly less than metaphysical certainty.

Do we demand that AFC-W opponents suffer each and every humiliating defeat on the schedule for the next 25-30 years as an enduring object lesson, or do we offer mercy at some point and allow them to enter the pool of forfeitures?

[Reply]
staylor26 05:44 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The conundrum for me, . . . I mean clearly we will charitably accept forfeiture from any non-conference opponent.

But when it comes to the AFC-W, do we allow them to throw in the towel ahead of time, or do we subject them to the embarrassment of actually facing Mahomes as part of a long-term strategy? I mean, at some point Mahomes will be entering his late 50s and his skills might start to wane, and glorious victory returns to something slightly less than metaphysical certainty.

Do we demand that AFC-W opponents suffer each and every humiliating defeat on the schedule for the next 25-30 years as an enduring object lesson, or do we offer mercy at some point and allow them to enter the pool of forfeitures?
Wow you’re somehow worse than Tiger and those other guys. You’re still so butthurt. Get the fuck over it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:53 PM 04-05-2018
I'm talking about Patrick effing Mahomes. He will be a football legend.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:55 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wow you’re somehow worse than Tiger and those other guys. You’re still so butthurt. Get the fuck over it.
We need to think long-term. We've already seen the demoralization of an entire franchise. The Broncos are clearly irrrelevant for the next 8-10 years.

But this kind of firepower has to be deployed judiciously. I mean, we don't want to overplay our hands and have them disband the entire league.

I must say though, it is a relief that it appears that Mahomes and Reid have already figured out all the possible permutations of when it's proper for Mahomes to tell Reid to fuck off and sling it, and when it's proper for Reid to tell Mahomes to fuck off and follow the script. It would be retarded for us to allow egos to interfere with certain generational domination.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:10 PM 04-05-2018
Guys I don't even know who the Broncos QB is. I forgot. Is it that scrub from Minnesota who got exposed in the playoffs?

At least the have a strong secondar-

uh running ba-

...wide rec-

line?

okay y'all f-d
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:35 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You really need to find a sharp stick and trip somewhere in it's vicinity.
Take it easy on Cry Baby Lee. His boyfriend just moved to DC, and he's having a really, really, really hard time letting go. Lashing out is normal.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:44 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Take it easy on Cry Baby Lee. His boyfriend just moved to DC, and he's having a really, really, really hard time letting go. Lashing out is normal.
Who is lashing out? I'm trying to strategize to take full advantage of this revolutionary development.

Sorry if you're content with just a SB or two.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:40 PM 04-05-2018
What kind of person writes troll posts in the fap thread of his team's own home-drafted franchise QB?

I guess i just don't get it.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:42 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What kind of person writes troll posts in the fap thread of his team's own home-drafted franchise QB?

A sad, pathetic loser.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:44 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
A sad, pathetic loser.
I wasn't gonna say, but I'm glad you're gaining some introspection on your own.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Baby Bitch has been CPs #1 contrarian for months. Dude just wants to start shit to entertain himself.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:49 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Baby Bitch has been CPs #1 contrarian for months. Dude just wants to start shit to entertain himself.
What have I said that isn't echoing EXACTLY what others are saying?

And since I'm echoing exactly what others are saying, where am I starting shit?

Are you saying that the people who are anticipating teams simply giving up in awe of Mahomes' unprecedented skills are the ones who are trolling?

Are you admitting that you too are concerned about the balance between Mahomes' wild tendencies and Reid's gimmicky tendencies are something we will have to face if we actually want to win?

Is it possible that it's still a team game, which at its base is all I've ever said?

I get it, you are putting up a brave front that we've jettisoned the 'hard way' of building a competitive team, and are trumpeting that the right QB will fix a shitty team. But c'mon. A century of professional football stands testament that things return to the mean, that NFL seasons expose EVERY flaw.

I am as excited about Mahomes as anyone with realistic expectations can possibly be. That doesn't mean that I think the NFL has turned into a one-person sport where a singular talent will change everything about the game.

I want the Mahomes era to be the most successful era in franchise history. And I don't think pollyannish views does anyone any favors. We have plenty of adversity to face, and it's better to be girded for it than blindsided by it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:54 PM 04-05-2018
I've never seen anything like these Alex fan boys. Mocking our first ever attempt at developing a stud QB. Wow.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:00 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I've never seen anything like these Alex fan boys. Mocking our first ever attempt at developing a stud QB. Wow.
Welcome to the club. I'd never seen anything like the hatred for the past five years. The past five years that weren't perfection, but objectively were better than anything any of us under 60 had seen outside NFL films retrospectives.

I actually want Mahomes to succeed. I just don't think flights of fantasy does anyone any favors. It certainly doesn't do our stud QB any. This high you pretend you're on. It's going to get tested.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:02 PM 04-05-2018
Our coach made an average QB LOOK like something special for awhile. Imagine what he can do with a true, elite stud??? That's why we are excited. Reid did an amazing job with Alex. His limitations cost us in the end.
[Reply]
Page 705 of 2687
« First < 205605655695701702703704705 70670770870971575580512051705 > Last »
Up