ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 595 of 2687
« First < 95495545585591592593594595 59659759859960564569510951595 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:24 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Andy Reid has never had a QB like what Mahomes could be. Not since Favre, anyway, and that's not when he was a head coach. If Mahomes reaches his potential, anything is possible.
I think Andy Reid would have multiple SB titles already, probably 2, if he'd ever had a truly great QB as a HC. A HOF worthy type of guy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:26 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
What's most amazing is he did it against the vaunted no fly zone defense
Eh....kinda...
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:26 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I don't think there is any doubt that Mahomes will throw for a lot of yards, even next year. The question is, can he cut down on the interceptions.

If he throw for less than 15 INTs next year, it would be a good start to his career.
Pat didn't throw many INT in college I don't expect him throw many in the pros.

That INT probably did him more good than not and something to learn from. What the coaches said about Patrick in TC is that he doesn't make the same mistakes twice. He is just going get better and better as he grows with the team.

Payton Manning threw a shit ton of INT his rookie year. Alex Smith threw four in one game against the Colts his rookie season. I mean fuck look how horrific Alex Smith was his rookie season and another 6 seasons he was being showered with Booos in Candlestick Park.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:27 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Remember when Lebron said he "scratched" a play from David Blatt that ended up being the game winner? I think it was in the playoffs, but I could be wrong.

We finally have a QB with the balls to "scratch" any play given to him from the coach just by letting it fold in on itself and improvising. And he will usually produce pretty good results when he does that.

Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl with another fat loser in Mike McCarthy. And is Dom Capers really all that more innovative than Bob Sutton?

Andy Reid has never had a QB like what Mahomes could be. Not since Favre, anyway, and that's not when he was a head coach. If Mahomes reaches his potential, anything is possible.

Have faith in the QB Death Cult Religion. The more dogmatic forms of it insist that a REAL franchise QB is so powerful it can even make your defense better. I don't know if I'd go that far, but I definitely believe in its power to heal the ills that accompany a coach who is a freaking dumbass.

That will take time. It probably won't be next year. Maybe not the year after that. But if Reid is still around 3 seasons from now and Mahomes has developed into the guy we think he all is, you need to have faith, dude.
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think Andy Reid would have multiple SB titles already, probably 2, if he'd ever had a truly great QB as a HC. A HOF worthy type of guy.
See Exibit A

Andy Reid Playoff Wins and Loses vs Quarterbacks
Wins
Shaun King (Donovan McNabb)
Brad Johnson (Donovan McNabb)
Shane Matthews (Donovan McNabb)
Michael Vick (Donovan McNabb)
Brett Favre (Donovan McNabb)
Daunte Culpepper (Donovan McNabb)
Michael Vick (Donovan McNabb)
Eli Manning (Donovan McNabb)
Tarvaris Jackson (Donovan McNabb)
Eli Manning (Donovan McNabb)
Brian Hoyer (Alex Smith)

Loses
Kerry Collins (Donovan McNabb)
Kurt Warner (Donovan McNabb)
Brad Johnson (Donovan McNabb)
Jake Delhomme (Donovan McNabb)
Tom Brady (Donovan McNabb)
Drew Brees (Donovan McNabb)
Kurt Warner (Donovan McNabb)
Tony Romo (Donovan McNabb)
Aaron Rodgers (Michael Vick)
Andrew Luck (Alex Smith)
Tom Brady (Alex Smith)
Ben Roethlisberger (Alex Smith)
Marcus Mariota (Alex Smith)

Wins vs Hall of Famers - 3 (Favre, 2 Eli Manning)
Loses vs Hall of Famers - 7 (2 Brady, 2 Kurt Warner, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger)
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:33 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Pat didn't throw many INT in college I don't expect him throw many in the pros.

That INT probably did him more good than not and something to learn from. What the coaches said about Patrick in TC is that he doesn't make the same mistakes twice. He is just going get better and better as he grows with the team.

Payton Manning threw a shit ton of INT his rookie year. Alex Smith threw four in one game against the Colts his rookie season. I mean **** look how horrific Alex Smith was his rookie season and another 6 seasons he was being showered with Booos in Candlestick Park.
Brett Favre, which is considered Mahomes' ceiling and often used as a comparison, threw a ton of interceptions, you have to remember that.

I do think that with time Mahomes can cut down on the interceptions but throwing a lot of INTs early is definitly a possibility. You can still be a good to great QB whilst throwing many INTs though.

In my mind, any gunslinger will throw his share of interceptions.

I don't think it is out of question that Mahomes resembles more Rodgers than Favre though if he ever reaches his ceiling. Rodgers > Favre.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01:39 PM 01-09-2018
I don't think there is any doubt that Mahomes will throw for a lot of yards, even next year. The question is, can he cut down on the interceptions.

If he throw for less than 15 INTs next year, it would be a good start to his career.
What interceptions are you talking about? He's never had a problem with interceptions that I know of.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:41 PM 01-09-2018
Brett Favre, which is considered Mahomes' ceiling and often used as a comparison, threw a ton of interceptions, you have to remember that.

I do think that with time Mahomes can cut down on the interceptions but throwing a lot of INTs early is definitly a possibility. You can still be a good to great QB whilst throwing many INTs though.

I don't think it is out of question that Mahomes resembles more Rodgers than Favre though if he ever reaches his ceiling. Rodgers > Favre.

Honestly I think Mahomes is going create his own ceiling one we haven't seen well maybe Tom Brady but Mahomes has wheels. I'm saying quarterbacks are going be compared to Mahomes and be the guy quarterbacks want to strive to imitate. Who knows but I think he will pave his own destiny. Patrick has the Balls of destiny.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01:46 PM 01-09-2018

I believe that a lot of the interceptions that Pat will end up throwing will be because of his arm strength. They will deflect off of the receiver and end up being intercepted. The receivers will be at fault for a lot of interceptions. That's one problem you run into with a strong arm quarterback but it's a problem that the Chiefs haven't had to deal with in a long time.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:49 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
What interceptions are you talking about? He's never had a problem with interceptions that I know of.
Lol. I thought he played great against the Broncos but he threw one interception and the throw to Sherman and to Harris deep could have been interceptions.

He is a gunslinger and has been described to be reckless by some. I know about his defense in college being horrible and all that but I still consider that it is a possibility that he will throw a bunch of INTs, especially early in his career. After all, he is far from risk-averse like Smith.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:52 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Honestly I think Mahomes is going create his own ceiling one we haven't seen well maybe Tom Brady but Mahomes has wheels. I'm saying quarterbacks are going be compared to Mahomes and be the guy quarterbacks want to strive to imitate. Who knows but I think he will pave his own destiny. Patrick has the Balls of destiny.
Talk about excessive expectations. I won't deny that he has that potential but honestly I'd be happy if he became just as good as Stafford.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 PM 01-09-2018
Clutch is in the blood.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:09 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
I believe that a lot of the interceptions that Pat will end up throwing will be because of his arm strength. They will deflect off of the receiver and end up being intercepted. The receivers will be at fault for a lot of interceptions. That's one problem you run into with a strong arm quarterback but it's a problem that the Chiefs haven't had to deal with in a long time.
I'm a mahomes homer but this is about rosy. He'll throw plenty of picks especially early on. Like favre, you know he's throwing those picks because for every pick there are several more where he completes a pass you didn't think was him any possible. More than anything, I'd like to see him get better instinctively about what throws to make when. That's a good problem to have because when you have a lot of throws in your arsenal, you can use them more than most qbs. But he made some throws off his back foot and across his body I wouldn't mind seeing less of. That's a leaning process and he can only learn that by making mistakes on the field. And he did that stuff a hell of a lot less against Denver, so he definitely learns from his mistakes.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:21 PM 01-09-2018
I couldnt give a damn about Mahomes future picks, and yes he'll definitely give some up, particularly early on... and I sincerely look forward to putting the people crying about it on absolute blast mode

There no way I'm the only one who remembers the way the Packers would react after a Favre pick, there was no finger pointing or bad body language at all... hell the defense looked EXCITED to get back back out there and get the ball back for him

Because they had total faith that he could turn right around and go get them 7 for their troubles

'Oh now you're already sculpting his bust for Canton!'... no, just saying that players respond to that kind of talent, they see it every day in practice and damn well know what their QB is capable of
[Reply]
hometeam 02:35 PM 01-09-2018

Not sure how you cut down on almost none.. but you do you man, you do you.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:55 PM 01-09-2018

What interceptions?

Preseason and his one game? 1

College? He had the same rate as alex smith has had in his career.
[Reply]
Page 595 of 2687
« First < 95495545585591592593594595 59659759859960564569510951595 > Last »
Up