ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Colts Hire Chiefs' Player Personal Chris Ballard
Mr. Laz 05:26 PM 01-29-2017
The #Colts have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the #Chiefs.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 29, 2017

It's also been reported that Ballard might take the Chiefs' ST coach Dave Toub with him.

(I thought it deserved to have it's own thread for the people who aren't around much and will see it in the title.)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:50 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So if Andy Reid is making the calls about who we draft then that leaves the GM to contract negotiating duty. Which Dorsey was absolutely ****ing awful at.
How so? Other than Hudson we lost nobody and were able to sign top guys like Schwartz and Maclin
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:55 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This team drafting better on offense probably says what everyone already knew...Andy Reid is making a lot of these calls.
Now he has his yes man from philly and if you look at all the guys who came from philly aroubd his time they all suck.
[Reply]
Buckweath 03:00 PM 01-03-2019
I am still waiting for someone to name one team which drafted better than the Chiefs during Dorsey's tenure.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:06 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How so? Other than Hudson we lost nobody and were able to sign top guys like Schwartz and Maclin
You do realize that if Bowe doesn't get suspended 1 game for pot we can't void his guaranteed money and cut him in 2015. If that money was still on the books there's no way we can sign Jeremy Maclin. Dorsey was pretty damn lucky to get bailed out of that one.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:18 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I am still waiting for someone to name one team which drafted better than the Chiefs during Dorsey's tenure.
He can thank Andy for finding the offensive players we drafted.

I still can’t believe Dorsey was dumb enough to draft a midget CB over Bradley Chubb. That was a big mistake.
[Reply]
O.city 03:18 PM 01-03-2019
Now he has his yes man from philly and if you look at all the guys who came from philly aroubd his time they all suck.
Andy has always made the decisions I'd imagine, or atleast had his hand in them.

If you listen to Middlekauf's pod, apparently Dorsey has a pretty big ego.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:19 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Chiefs won 1 playoff game in his tenure. Not exactly something to be jumping up and down wetting your pants over.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 03:20 PM 01-03-2019
He left the Chiefs in cap hell. With a better GM they could have given Watkins a bigger contract.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:06 PM 01-03-2019
So if Andy Reid is making the calls about who we draft then that leaves the GM to contract negotiating duty. Which Dorsey was absolutely ****ing awful at.
In this hypothetical that's a logical line of thought. However Veach has also not exactly been thrifty himself with contracts.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:08 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
In this hypothetical that's a logical line of thought. However Veach has also not exactly been thrifty himself with contracts.
No, he hasn't. Dorsey never learned from his errors. Let's see if Veach will. He's got potential extensions coming up with the likes of Ford, Hill, Jones, and Fuller and another free agency.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:09 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He can thank Andy for finding the offensive players we drafted.
That's an assumption. Hell the greatest offensive player this team has been able to aquire isn't even attributed to Andy. I'm not saying your point doesn't have any logic to it but to list it as a fact and just strike that credit out of Dorseys ledger is too much.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:12 PM 01-03-2019
No, he hasn't. Dorsey never learned from his errors. Let's see if Veach will. He's got potential extensions coming up with the likes of Ford, Hill, Jones, and Fuller and another free agency.
I'm not a Veach hater. I do think some people, not necessarily you, take credit away from Dorsey too easily. Veach doesn't get that microscope and I think it's in part because he is our current gm. Dorsey didn't get this microscope outside of the contracts until he was fired.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:22 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I'm not a Veach hater. I do think some people, not necessarily you, take credit away from Dorsey too easily. Veach doesn't get that microscope and I think it's in part because he is our current gm. Dorsey didn't get this microscope outside of the contracts until he was fired.
It's still too early to really judge anything that Veach has done aside from his contracts. We can look back now and see how Dorsey did cumulatively over the course of his career here with drafting, free agency, and contract extensions since enough time has passed.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:36 PM 01-03-2019
It's still too early to really judge anything that Veach has done aside from his contracts. We can look back now and see
Ragland is a bust.:-)
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:08 PM 01-03-2019
I'm not sure why we cant say Dorsey was damn good a drafting players and building this team. Who here wasn't shocked when he was fired? Thats right, we ALL were.

While also realizing Veach hasnt had near enough time to even evaluate yet. It doesnt have to be one or the other.

We are the BEST team in the AFC. We are about to find out if we are the best team in the NFL!!

We are in a pretty good situation guys and both of these men had a hand in it.

GO CHIEFS!!!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up