ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 48
« First < 344041424344 45464748 >
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
MTG#10 11:58 AM 11-20-2014
Oh. Gotcha.
[Reply]
KevB 02:52 PM 08-05-2015
I'm up for a new phone this Saturday, coming from an HTC One M7. It's been a solid phone, but the battery is garbage now so I'm looking forward to moving on. Phone before the M7 was a Note 2, which I loved. I'm looking to get back to the Note line, and the 5 is going to be announced next week.

That said, most everything I'm hearing about the 5 is bad news. All glass, no removable storage/battery, etc. I'm sure it will be in the $300 range. However, I can get the Note 4, with removable storage/battery for $100. I'm heavily leaning toward the Note 4 (which I can also get immediately), but wondering if people have had positive experiences with it and if it has held up. I'm not a phone gamer --- I'm focused on productivity/media usage and strong battery.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:54 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by KevB:
I'm up for a new phone this Saturday, coming from an HTC One M7. It's been a solid phone, but the battery is garbage now so I'm looking forward to moving on. Phone before the M7 was a Note 2, which I loved. I'm looking to get back to the Note line, and the 5 is going to be announced next week.

That said, most everything I'm hearing about the 5 is bad news. All glass, no removable storage/battery, etc. I'm sure it will be in the $300 range. However, I can get the Note 4, with removable storage/battery for $100. I'm heavily leaning toward the Note 4 (which I can also get immediately), but wondering if people have had positive experiences with it and if it has held up. I'm not a phone gamer --- I'm focused on productivity/media usage and strong battery.
iPhone guy here, but it sounds like you should check into the ,Moto ,g style coming out this September.
[Reply]
KevB 02:57 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
iPhone guy here, but it sounds like you should check into the ,Moto ,g style coming out this September.
I'm limited in my options --- only choices really are Samsung or Apple. Don't like what I'm hearing on the S6 battery (plus I want the big screen) and I don't want an iPhone. So, down to Note 4 or Note 5.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:59 PM 08-05-2015
Still love my G3 after what 6 months now!
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:01 PM 08-05-2015
The Note 4 is alright but the latest updates have killed this things speed.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:53 PM 08-05-2015
I'm limited in my options --- only choices really are Samsung or Apple. Don't like what I'm hearing on the S6 battery (plus I want the big screen) and I don't want an iPhone. So, down to Note 4 or Note 5.
Well if those are your two options, Apple is by far the better choice. There are better Android Platforms that don't slap bloat ware on them( like the Moto G Series)
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 03:57 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Well if those are your two options, Apple is by far the better choice. There are better Android Platforms that don't slap bloat ware on them( like the Moto G Series)
Samsung does not put their own bloatware on. Depends on his carrier. Verizon isn't too bad about it, Sprint can DIAF.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 03:59 PM 08-05-2015
Oh, and Fuck Apple.
[Reply]
KevB 04:16 PM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
The Note 4 is alright but the latest updates have killed this things speed.
They just released the Lollipop 5.1.1 update for the Note 4, and I've read a few good things on message boards. Is that the update you're referring to? Oh, and my carrier is Sprint and I'm not getting an iPhone. I prefer the Android experience for a number of reasons.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:10 PM 08-06-2015
They just released the Lollipop 5.1.1 update for the Note 4, and I've read a few good things on message boards. Is that the update you're referring to? Oh, and my carrier is Sprint and I'm not getting an iPhone. I prefer the Android experience for a number of reasons.
Yes, that update is to what he's referring. It ****ed my phone. It ****ed my wife's GS5 up too. Several months ago, after the update, I started getting popups on my phone. Then my wife's phone got the bad.

I deleted every app, reloaded them and in 24 hours had them again. SO we both went into Verizon and they told us its a security issue with the lollipop update. And that the patch to repair it will not be available until January.

Wife got a new S5 and seems to be okay.

I reset my phone that day. 40 days ago. Dumped everything. Reloaded only the apps I really need. Last week, the shit started again. Pissed me off. I'm going to have to get a new/refurb Note4.

If they have issues like this, I'm just going to go to apple in the future. Too bad, cause I really enjoyed the size and display on this phone.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:57 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Yes, that update is to what he's referring. It ****ed my phone. It ****ed my wife's GS5 up too. Several months ago, after the update, I started getting popups on my phone. Then my wife's phone got the bad.

I deleted every app, reloaded them and in 24 hours had them again. SO we both went into Verizon and they told us its a security issue with the lollipop update. And that the patch to repair it will not be available until January.

I reset my phone that day. 40 days ago. Dumped everything. Reloaded only the apps I really need. Last week, the shit started again. Pissed me off. I'm going to have to get a new/refurb Note4.

If they have issues like this, I'm just going to go to apple in the future. Too bad, cause I really enjoyed the size and display on this phone.
I don't get popups.....but my phone is just SUPER fucking slow. And apps crash all of the time now.
[Reply]
KevB 07:38 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

They apparently just released 5.1.1 for Sprint Note 4 and I'm reading glowing reviews on XDA forums. No more lag, improved battery, etc. They're convincing me to go with the Note 4.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:28 PM 11-17-2015
Time to upgrade again. This time I'll likely be dumping Sprint for Verizon.

I'm looking for opinions on the carrier and phone options. Definitely going Android and looking at the Galaxy S6 or the LG G4. I'm not real keen on the idea of not being able to access the battery or add storage, so the S6 is lagging behind, IMO.

Any others I should look into?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 03:39 PM 11-17-2015
I want the new Blackberry Priv. Looks like an Android with a physical keyboard
[Reply]
Page 44 of 48
« First < 344041424344 45464748 >
Up