ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 79
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 07:42 AM 10-09-2017
Watson's hail marys do show what a friend freak wide receivers can be to a young QB. I hope we make an effort to stockpile some talent there. We had the worst group of wideouts in the AFC West even before Conley went down.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:47 AM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Yep. Watson looks better than I thought and he certainly isn't the weak-armed QB that he was billed as. It was pretty well known that Watson was probably more NFL-ready, but with a lower ceiling. I'm not so sure that ceiling is so low anymore. Impressive young man really.
I agree. His long balls look good, nice tight spirals. He seemed to have a nice instinctual touch on those balls, rather than just tossing them up IMO.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:57 AM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
I wanted Watson over Mahommes and still do. I think we got the wrong QB but time will tell. Mahommes is much more likely to be Jake Locker than Brett Favre.
Mahomes was the right choice, but everything doesn’t have to be binary like we make it out to be on CP. Watson could turn out to be a fine player too.

I think what people are missing is that these “jump balls” were right where they needed to be - right on the receivers hands in most cases. The fact that the ball was placed so the receiver could use vertical space to make the catch and only his man could get the ball doesn’t make the throw meaningless. This is a legitimate NFL throw that great QBs have to be able to execute accurately, and he placed a several of them perfectly. Facing a defense so adept at forcing turnovers, throwing 5 TDs and no INTs means he was probably placing the ball very well down the field.

Smith, for now an MVP candidate, was less accurate down the field even in a game where he played well.

Nobody is saying Watson doesn’t have a long way to go yet before he’s arrived, but the pre-draft trash talk that he isn’t a legitimate NFL QB obviously is not looking too smart right now.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:27 AM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:

Smith, for now an MVP candidate, was less accurate down the field even in a game where he played well.
What....:-)

The only inaccurate pass was to Kelce in the endzone...that was because of a blown block and he couldn't step into it.

Watson had bombs thrown up for grabs...he looked good for a rookie but he wasn't even close to Smith last night.
[Reply]
ARROW2 11:21 AM 10-09-2017
To answer the original question. NO!!!
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:24 AM 10-09-2017
Watson was barely completing 50% of his passes for less than 200 yards prior to his late 4th qtr hail marry volleys.

Yea, uh, no thanks.

Some of you are ClayCoMo-ing yourselves, just looking at gaudy junk time passing numbers.
[Reply]
A8bil 11:30 AM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
If "it" means a receiver that will go up and over defenders to make a jump ball into a reception, he's got it.
[Reply]
oldman 12:03 PM 10-09-2017
While Watson was impressive on some things last night, he still has a long way to go to be successful in the NFL. Sure, 5 TD passes look good in the stats and someone's fantasy team, but those 3 Hail Mary's could have turned into 3 INTs just as easily. I think we got the right guy.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:13 PM 10-09-2017
The Watson hate on here has always been odd. He's a good QB once again SNR was wrong but what else is new?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:51 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't really know why that's even an issue. Do you look down on fans who came to the Chiefs with Montana?
20+ years with the team, yeah they paid their dues
[Reply]
kepp 09:26 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He was almost picked off several times.

He scored 3 TD's from Hail Mary type plays. That won't continue.
I kept telling the TV announcers this as they were hanging off his sack, but they didn't seem to hear me.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:34 AM 10-10-2017
So the question is if a rookie who hasn't played is better/worse than a rookie who's played 3 games?

What a pointless question...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:38 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
So the question is if a rookie who hasn't played is better/worse than a rookie who's played 3 games?

What a pointless question...
Admittedly, this will be a fun bump in 2-3 years
[Reply]
threebag 09:46 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Ones playing in NFL games and the other is sitting behind the league MVP.

One is gaining NFL game experience and one isnt because of said league MVP.

Think about it for a minute.

Die in a flaming bucket of aids Alex only fans.
Romper Room material
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:41 PM 10-10-2017
The problem with Watson was never going to be "he can't chuck up a prayer to the end zone"

The problem, which we haven't seen yet because they're protecting him, is "He doesn't have the velocity to throw strikes to the out routes and get the ball there in time to avoid the interception like Mahomes easily can because Mahomes throws 62mph and Watson throws 49."
[Reply]
Page 13 of 79
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up