ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 190
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:03 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Did you miss the below posted stat? There's more to basketball than racking up box score stats (which I assume you believe as well otherwise I'm not sure how somebody could possibly maintain the otherwise untenable position that someone other than LeBron is the GOAT).

+37 in 151 minutes with LeBron on the court.
-33 in 41 minutes with LeBron off the court.
:-)

Ohh so now +/- is the be all end all. I’m sure if AD has the better +/- while Lebron had those stats you’d say the same thing!

AD has clearly been the best Laker this series, and Lebron knows it too, which is why he quit after he went down like the front running bundle of sticks that he is (love how you ignored that because it’s indefensible).
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:10 AM 05-31-2021
I bet he's gone by 2023 if they can't get a star to go there during that time. LeBron may even recruit him to lead his team around then.
I think they get their Robin. Dallas, TX isn't exactly Cleveland .
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:17 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ohh so now +/- is the be all end all. I’m sure if AD has the better +/- while Lebron had those stats you’d say the same thing!
It's yet another aspect that proves his superiority to the rest of the NBA. And AD never has the better +/- than LeBron because his impact on the game isn't as significant. It was the same way in the Finals last year too when LeBron carried that group to the title.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:19 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I think they get their Robin. Dallas, TX isn't exactly Cleveland .
We shall see. All these guys seem to be coalescing in New York and LA right now.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:20 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
The league is just more a 3 point contest now. Teams launch 40 threes a game. From 1995-2005, teams averaged between 13-16 threes attempted per game. Then it jumped to around 18 for a while. Then it climbed...and climbed...to where we're at now. 34.6 threes attempted per game. I have nothing against the three ball. I'm not a purist in that sense. I love the three actually. I just miss seeing more to the game.

I've actually enjoyed the Suns Lakers series more than the others because they have players that remind me of old school players. Lebron of course. Davis has a great inside-mid range game. Ayton is good inside. Chris Paul is a master at the mid range game. They're shooting less threes than the other teams it seems, but they're still shooting 30 a game.

And I'd love to see the Suns win because they haven't been good in a long ass time. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I don't think the Lakers have even been playing their best and they're still up 2-1 with home court now in their favor. We'll see.
Hard to disagree with any of this. It is fun to see the more old school Chris Paul for of game
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 AM 05-31-2021
It's yet another aspect that proves his superiority to the rest of the NBA. And AD never has the better +/- than LeBron because his impact on the game isn't as significant. It was the same way in the Finals last year too when LeBron carried that group to the title.
Curry had the best +/- in the league this year. Clearly, he’s better than Lebron.

Paul George was 4th, so he’s definitely a top 5 player and the best player on the Clippers over Kawhi!

Rudy Gobert was also top 5, so he’s obviously a top 5 player too!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:31 AM 05-31-2021
Curry had the best +/- in the league this year. Clearly, he’s better than Lebron.
I mean, LeBron was injured for a portion of the season and giving a half effort when he wasn't injured considering he's nearly 37 years old and coming off a title run that went into October. So yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised at all if Curry had a larger impact than him this season.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:35 AM 05-31-2021
I mean, LeBron was injured for a portion of the season and giving a half effort when he wasn't injured considering he's nearly 37 years old and coming off a title run that went into October. So yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised at all if Curry had a larger impact than him this season.
Paul George > Kawhi Leonard

Rudy Gobert = top 3 player

Lonzo Ball = top 10 player
[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 AM 05-31-2021
Anybody with an objective bone in their body can’t look at those stats I posted and say that Lebron has been “by far” the best player on the court in this series.

Only a Bronsexual would use +/- to make that ridiculous claim.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:07 AM 05-31-2021
Paul George > Kawhi Leonard

Rudy Gobert = top 3 player

Lonzo Ball = top 10 player
You seem to be citing ESPN's Real Plus Minus (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm) which is a different thing than pure plus/minus (which it appears that Jrue Holiday and Joel Embiid lead in this year if I'm reading NBA.com correctly).

There is no be-all, end-all advanced stat in basketball. They're all just tools to form conclusions about players. The funny thing about these tools, though, is they all seem to point in one direction towards LeBron and have for the better part of two decades now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:09 AM 05-31-2021
That does make me think that Lonzo Ball is far better now than he's been given credit for, though. I did think he'd make a good NBA player coming out of the draft and it seems he finally has.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:13 AM 05-31-2021
You seem to be citing ESPN's Real Plus Minus (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm) which is a different thing than pure plus/minus (which it appears that Jrue Holiday and Joel Embiid lead in this year if I'm reading NBA.com correctly).

There is no be-all, end-all advanced stat in basketball. They're all just tools to form conclusions about players. The funny thing about these tools, though, is they all seem to point in one direction towards LeBron and have for the better part of two decades now.

Except the ones you’re choosing to ignore in favor of the one that fits your narrative for this series.

In no way has Lebron been “by far the best player on the court” in this series. Even if he’s been better, which he hasn’t, to say it’s “by far” is a reach only a Bronsexual would attempt to make.

If there were any truth to that, then Lebron wouldn’t have quit on his team yesterday after AD went down.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:16 AM 05-31-2021

Except the ones you’re choosing to ignore in favor of the one that fits your narrative for this series.

In no way has Lebron been “by far the best player on the court” in this series. Even if he’s been better, which he hasn’t, to say it’s “by far” is a reach only a Bronsexual would attempt to make.

If there were any truth to that, then Lebron wouldn’t have quit on his team yesterday after AD went down and stepped up.
AD just plain didn't show up in game 1 (which he admitted after the game and which is somehow a consistent thing for him in the playoffs) and then didn't show up in game 4 either until missing half the game due to injury.

Yeah, I think it would be fair to say LeBron was the best player on the court in the series even if you just ignored the +/- situation. Not really all that close either, just like it wasn't all that close when LeBron won Finals MVP last October.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:18 AM 05-31-2021
AD just plain didn't show up in game 1 (which he admitted after the game and which is somehow a consistent thing for him i nthe playoffs) and then didn't show up in game 4 either until missing half the game due to injury.

Yeah, I think it would be fair to say LeBron was the best player on the court in the series even if you just ignored the +/- situation. Not really all that close either, just like it wasn't all that close when LeBron won Finals MVP last October.
Went from “by far” to this pretty fast.

In the only 2 games they won, AD was clearly the best player. Lebron might’ve been more consistent throughout, but AD has clearly been the difference in winning/losing.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:29 AM 05-31-2021
Went from “by far” to this pretty fast.

In the only 2 games they won, AD was clearly the best player. Lebron might’ve been more consistent throughout, but AD has clearly been the difference in winning/losing.
When only one of your elite players shows up in all four of the games (rather than just two of the games), I'd tend to say that that player was clearly the best in the four games.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 190
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up