ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 64
« First < 11515758596061 626364 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:38 AM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
😂

No.
Only reason you're calling him a mobile QB is because his dad was black. Please. He's a standard drop back passer with average mobility. Mobility isn't his game beyond scrambling a few yards. His game is having a rocket arm and stepping up in the pocket (like Herbert or Ryan).
[Reply]
BenoniBenko 10:52 AM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Nobody would trade Mahomes for Lamar straight up.
Or Josh Allen. Or Joe Burrow.

Would you trade CJ Stroud for him? I wouldn't. Trevor Lawrence? Herbert? Nope. Nope.

Lamar is a unique talent, but you have to build an offense to suit his abilities. I don't want to put all my eggs in that basket.

It's what someone's going to have to do if they want to win with Justin Fields, too, he just can't run an NFL offense and beat you by making the reads and delivering the ball.

I will trade Trevor Lawrence for Lamar all day. Lawrence still has a lot to prove.

And if sick bed Joe Burrow is injured again next season, I don't think its even up for debate. I'll happily swap with Lamar.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:25 PM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Only reason you're calling him a mobile QB is because his dad was black. Please. He's a standard drop back passer with average mobility. Mobility isn't his game beyond scrambling a few yards. His game is having a rocket arm and stepping up in the pocket (like Herbert or Ryan).
Who gives a FUCK about his mobility? I don't give a shit about it.

The only reason you're calling him a black Matt Ryan is because he's black, ya jabroni.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:26 PM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by BenoniBenko:
I will trade Trevor Lawrence for Lamar all day. Lawrence still has a lot to prove.

And if sick bed Joe Burrow is injured again next season, I don't think its even up for debate. I'll happily swap with Lamar.
And you'd get fired.

Lawrence does indeed have a lot to prove; unfortunately, Lamar has proven everything there is for him to prove. He ain't it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:31 PM 02-07-2024
a black Matt Ryan.
Such a thing does not exist.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:32 PM 02-07-2024
And WTF is a BenoniBenko?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:42 PM 02-07-2024
I'm going to step outside normal banter here for a second.

I don't like your racist insinuation here.

I never said a thing about Stroud being mobile, or anything at all other than I'd rather take Stroud than Jackson. I'd also take Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Lawrence...probably two or three guys in this upcoming draft, and maybe even cheap vet FA reclamation projects or game managers than Jackson because Jackson has proven to me that he's not a guy you can get to a Super Bowl with, especially not if you're paying him huge money.

I said nothing about race at all.

I said nothing about mobility.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:49 PM 03-20-2024

[Reply]
tredadda 06:14 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ummmm ok? What’s the context for this?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:47 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Jim Harbaugh's wife trying to motivate him.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:32 PM 03-20-2024
They actually had a segment on ESPN speculating how many Super Bowls Lamar would have if he had the same coaching as Mahomes. You can’t make this shit up. Lamar is coddled like no other athlete I’ve ever seen. The excuses for him never stop.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:32 PM 03-20-2024
They actually had a segment on ESPN speculating how many Super Bowls Lamar would have if he had the same coaching as Mahomes. You can’t make this shit up. Lamar is coddled like no other athlete I’ve ever seen. The excuses for him never stop.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:37 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I think he's enjoying a Ravens fan melting down in his comments and chose this thread to share.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:40 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
All of the also-rans during this Mahomes era have been asked that question.

Bills fans do it CONSTANTLY with Allen. I know I've seen some ESPN segment squabbling about Burrow if he had been drafted to the Chiefs and if Mahomes had been drafted to the Bengals. And you just watch-- if CJ Stroud continues to improve but the Texans just kind of fuck around like the Bills did, they'll ask the same question out of him. "Gee... he improved a terrible team so much his rookie season, but what if he had Andy Reid and that offense in his first year as a rookie??? Can you imagine!"
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:42 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Bills fans do it CONSTANTLY with Allen. I know I've seen some ESPN segment squabbling about Burrow if he had been drafted to the Chiefs and if Mahomes had been drafted to the Bengals. And you just watch-- if CJ Stroud continues to improve but the Texans just kind of fuck around like the Bills did, they'll ask the same question out of him. "Gee... he improved a terrible team so much his rookie season, but what if he had Andy Reid and that offense in his first year as a rookie??? Can you imagine!"
Mahomes is so good he's convinced the whole world that KANSAS-FUCKING-CITY is the place to go for a quarterback to be successful.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:55 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

You seem to be getting very worked up by journalists trying to engage people like you whom otherwise would be bored after having enjoyed the fruits of Mahomes.. Relax, my friend, and bathe in success.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 64
« First < 11515758596061 626364 >
Up