ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2589 of 2688
« First < 1589208924892539257925852586258725882589 259025912592259325992639 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:07 PM 12-25-2023
I wish we could end this narrative that mahomes just forgot how to play ball. When he throws the ball his WRs they make dumb mistakes. Not always but enough to make him skittish. So when a guy does fly open he hesitates. And when those 2 things don’t go well he finds the need to play hero ball.

And never in any of this does he have the option to throw anything contested. Everyone has to be wide open and even with that there’s a good chance someone’s gonna screw something up.

It’s the receivers. Period. Everyone from Reid to mahomes to Nagy to kelce is a byproduct of that. We ask so damn little of them and they can’t even do that, and so to compensate everyone has to work that much harder. And predictably they’re tired and frustrated
[Reply]
stevieray 08:09 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wish we could end this narrative that mahomes just forgot how to play ball. d
balls off target, balls in the dirt.

something is off.
[Reply]
TLO 08:10 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
What other NFL QB would do better with this lineup?
BrOCK pUrDy
[Reply]
TLO 08:10 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:

something is off.
Balls that hit receivers in the hands that are dropped.
Or tipped for INTs.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 08:12 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And he was drastically underpaid the previous 5 years.
And was rewarded with a contract that made him the highest paid in the league. They didn’t have to give him a raise.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:12 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by TLO:
BrOCK pUrDy
God it would be hilarious watching him play for this current offense.

He would probably just be on IR.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:12 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Shouldn’t have given him a raise. He’s playing like the 10th best quarterback, not the highest paid one.
Yeah man we shouldn’t be paying the reigning league MVP market compensation.

Some of y’all need to put down the Christmas meth.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:12 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
I get that "NFL open" is your new go to phrase, but no, he's not open unless your definition of open is the split second before you run into another zone defender and he carries you the rest of your route.

I really want you to pin point the moment Mahomes should have thrown it and what you think #25 would have done.
It's pretty easy. That throw is made every game multiple times by QB's. 5 is dropping and to his left, the throw is made where MVS would be clear of 5 and 5 yards in front of 25 you don't think Mahomes can or should anticipate make that throw, then I don't know how else to explain it, particularly if MVS was the first read, but you can't tell from dots. Also, Watson is running a timing route and would be open as well on the outside, but again don't know what the read was on this graphic.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:13 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wish we could end this narrative that mahomes just forgot how to play ball. When he throws the ball his WRs they make dumb mistakes. Not always but enough to make him skittish. So when a guy does fly open he hesitates. And when those 2 things don’t go well he finds the need to play hero ball.

And never in any of this does he have the option to throw anything contested. Everyone has to be wide open and even with that there’s a good chance someone’s gonna screw something up.

It’s the receivers. Period. Everyone from Reid to mahomes to Nagy to kelce is a byproduct of that. We ask so damn little of them and they can’t even do that, and so to compensate everyone has to work that much harder. And predictably they’re tired and frustrated
I find that many don't remember what it was like to have an actual non-elite QB 6 years ago and have become spoiled here.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:14 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:

something is off.
Combo of tired, frustrated and pressing. That look of frustration we saw after Toney’s drop last week was on his face all game long. Today he tried to put the whole damn thing on his back and got the shit and wind kicked out of him. You can tell he was laboring through all that running around after a while
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:14 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
if that's actually accurate. MVS is definitely open...

:-)

Where the fuck is MVS open? He literally runs himself into about three different DBs.

He's never open. JMFC.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 12-25-2023, 08:15 PM
This message has been deleted by dannybcaitlyn. Reason:
-King- 08:18 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
It's pretty easy. That throw is made every game multiple times by QB's. 5 is dropping and to his left, the throw is made where MVS would be clear of 5 and 5 yards in front of 25 you don't think Mahomes can or should anticipate make that throw, then I don't know how else to explain it, particularly if MVS was the first read, but you can't tell from dots. Also, Watson is running a timing route and would be open as well on the outside, but again don't know what the read was on this graphic.
Do you think 25 will just stand still when the ball is thrown? Do you realize he's looking at Mahomes and as soon as Mahomes looks at MVS to throw, he's going to come down for the pick or if not, to scramble MVS brains?

Now that you mention it, maybe a Juju vs Jags type of collision is what these receivers need to wake up. You might be on to something.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 08:18 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah man we shouldn’t be paying the reigning league MVP market compensation.

Some of y’all need to put down the Christmas meth.
503 Million was plenty market compensation.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:20 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
503 Million was plenty market compensation.
It’s not $503 million. It’s $450 million for 10 years and I promise a bunch of other QB’s will make a hell of a lot more than $450 million in the same time period.
[Reply]
-King- 08:21 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)

Where the fuck is MVS open? He literally runs himself into about three different DBs.

He's never open. JMFC.
He ran directly at 25 and then ran step for step with him the rest of the way but according to iowahawkeyechief, that was an easy completion Mahomes and is a throw made multiple times a game around the league :-)
[Reply]
Page 2589 of 2688
« First < 1589208924892539257925852586258725882589 259025912592259325992639 > Last »
Up