ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2089 of 2688
« First < 1089158919892039207920852086208720882089 20902091209220932099213921892589 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
-King- 10:19 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Not sure what's up with Pat this season.

Forcing the ball too much, some rare inaccurate throws and poor decision making.

He's still playing fine but he definitely has some stuff to work on if he's going to get back to the superhuman standard that we're used to.
Until we get a real WR2, teams will just double team Hill and Kelce and make us go on these 10 play drives to score. We're still good enough to do that but the more plays you run the more chances there are to make mistakes. We need someone who can punish teams for doubling Hill and in turn force teams to single cover Hill. Bet Mahomes stops feeling the need to press so much then.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:20 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Until we get a real WR2, teams will just double team Hill and Kelce and make us go on these 10 play drives to score. We're still good enough to do that but the more plays you run the more chances there are to make mistakes. We need someone who can punish teams for doubling Hill and in turn force teams to single cover Hill. Bet Mahomes stops feeling the need to press so much then.
Yep. Boomer Esiason said we need a big body WR. He brought up Josh Gordon
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:21 AM 09-27-2021
can't believe people expect a no look to be a perfect pass

kemp has to catch that
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The only thing I can say about Mahomes after that game was that the pass to Kemp did not need to be a no look. Yes, Kemp should have caught it but it would have been more accurate if Mahomes had just looked at him while throwing the ball.
I think Mahomes thought he had to clear a passing lane, there was a guy there in the middle of the field.

Maybe, maybe not.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:27 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

kemp has to catch that
Or at least don’t turn it into a floating ball for defenders to catch. Both guys screwed up on that play. Bad/lazy throw mixed with bad/lazy ball-handling.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:30 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

kemp has to catch that
We expect it not to be made there. From the end zone view I can see why he'd feel the need to look a couple guys off; there were two guys committed to Robinson down low and he didn't want them peeling off and fucking up the throwing lane, but they were already committed and Kemp had no defender within 5 yards of him in any direction. Pat could have stared him down and tossed up a lazy lob and he still would have been able to make an easy catch.

It was just unnecessary. Kemp should have made the catch but at the same time we can say that Pat should have given him a more accurate pass there as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 AM 09-27-2021
Mahomes should never have had a child.

The Curse of Sterling
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:48 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yep. Boomer Esiason said we need a big body WR. He brought up Josh Gordon
Yep I'm 100% on board with Gordon.

We NEED a big body receiver like Boomer said. What is the downside?

If he's an idiot then he gets cut. If he's good then we got an all pro caliber receiver for peanuts. Give it a shot. What do we have to lose?
[Reply]
RedRaider56 11:00 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He's got 10 TDs in just three games. He's still great. He just needs to clean up the turnovers.

I actually didn't mind the arm punt in yesterday's game but the one in Baltimore and the inaccurate no look were just terrible. Those two were probably a couple of his top 5 (bottom 5..?) worst plays as a pro.
The no look pass was catchable. Was it a little behind? yes.
Kemp can and should catch that ball. Hell the Chargers wide receivers made some hellacious catches yesterday and the ball to Kemp was great compared to some of Herberts throws
[Reply]
bsroyals54 11:08 AM 09-27-2021
Mahomes is so good he fooled his own receiver with that no look throw. It should of been caught but damn, Mahomes is just way better than all of our players, and its not even close
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:54 AM 09-27-2021
Who was he looking off? There was no one within 3-4 yards of the receiver.
There was a view from behind Patrick. He was holding the linebacker looking right at him. If he looked at the receiver, the LB would have moved into the passing lane and knocked it down. It was a great play, and would’ve been in the gif thread if kemp catches it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:59 AM 09-27-2021
https://streamable.com/7ieyl1

Here's the best view.

You can see the two defenders he's trying to hold. They're committed to DRob. With Kemp streaking behind them and the possible threat of Mahomes taking off on foot, there's no chance either is able to make a play on the throwing lane.

There was absolutely zero reason to no look the pass there.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:59 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
There was a view from behind Patrick. He was holding the linebacker looking right at him. If he looked at the receiver, the LB would have moved into the passing lane and knocked it down. It was a great play, and would’ve been in the gif thread if kemp catches it.
The view from behind line of scrimmage definitely looked like he was trying to fool that LB. I don’t believe he was just showing off. But still needed a better throw.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:04 PM 09-27-2021
https://streamable.com/7ieyl1

Here's the best view.

You can see the two defenders he's trying to hold. They're committed to DRob. With Kemp streaking behind them and the possible threat of Mahomes taking off on foot, there's no chance either is able to make a play on the throwing lane.

There was absolutely zero reason to no look the pass there.
Yep. Patrick might have to look that one over in the film room this week. Should Kemp of caught it? Yes. Was a no-look throw necessary? Probs not. A frozen rope from Patrick may have sufficed.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 12:15 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
They do face each other in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, that's what I was laughing at, the writer doesn't even know we're in the same division. That's some good research on their part. I should have used this emoji :-)
[Reply]
Page 2089 of 2688
« First < 1089158919892039207920852086208720882089 20902091209220932099213921892589 > Last »
Up