ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buccaneers
Dante84 11:03 AM 11-23-2020
Notable Offensive Players: Brady, Godwin, Rojo, Gronk, Evans, Wirfs, Brown, Fournette

Notable Defensive Players: Suh, JPP, Barrett, Winfield, Davis, Dean

+ Tom is a statue, so we need to generate pressure through the middle otherwise he has weapons and can hit them in the mid-ranges, similar to Oakland last night. He's infinitely smarter than Carr, but probably less talented than the version of Carr we saw last night - or at least on par.

+ TB's receiving talent is right up there with the best in the league. For some reason Evans/Brady have been slightly off, and we'll have to hope that continues. Gronk is a shell of himself, but still a large target that might be difficult for, say, HB, to defend if the ball is placed in the right location.

+ TB's secondary is young, talented and smart, but prone to youthful mistakes. We should be able to confuse them as the game goes on.

+ TB's run game can be nasty, and we need to shut them down early. Rojo is no joke.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:42 PM 11-23-2020
In a perfect world, Mahomes evens the score against Tom Sunday and then takes him out in the Super Bowl, restoring the balance lost from 2018.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:47 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Gosh, do you think we can????
Of course we can, but their defense is very talented and specifically in their pass rush.

I think this one is going to be a lot like the Rams game last year.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:03 PM 11-23-2020
Since I became a Chiefs fan in 1993-1994, we have not beaten the Buccaneers. Most memorable was that blown 18 point lead at home in 2008 and Alex Smith's rare pick in the red zone that changed the game in 2016.

If we can get Watkins and Hardman back, this offense become a lot more explosive. No more Robinson mistakes to stall drives. Conversely, the defense will give up lots of yards and points. Shutting down Tampa's offense with this group is likely asking for much. All depends on whether they can make key stops and force a turnover or two. Likely another high scoring game that comes down to who gets the ball last.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:15 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Since I became a Chiefs fan in 1993-1994, we have not beaten the Buccaneers.
Chiefs beat the Bucs in the first game of 93.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:33 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs beat the Bucs in the first game of 93.
My first game was the playoff game against the Steelers later that year. I guess it was technically January 1994.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:36 PM 11-23-2020
Tom brady will get destroyed. Their offensive line not that good.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:36 PM 11-23-2020
I have no doubt our offense scores into the 30’s. I have some doubt it’ll be enough to win.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:52 PM 11-23-2020
Something no one has mentioned yet; Spags is Brady's kryptonite.

So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:54 PM 11-23-2020
I'm curious to see if Bowles dials back on all the blitzes he calls or if he just sticks to what he's been doing

If he blitzes a lot the Chiefs are going to score a shit ton
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:59 PM 11-23-2020
Tom Brady, at his 2020 peak, won’t give us what Derek Carr just did.

That’s crazy to say out loud, but Carr made every play and dropped dimes all game.

I suspect we’ll get the exact same treatment from Brady.

I’d be shocked if the Bucs don’t drop 30 on us, though. The question is can the offense keep pace against a pretty stingy Bucs defense.

And, well, never bet against Mahomes.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:59 PM 11-23-2020
Here’s some interesting facts about the Bucs that correlate with us.

Veach was going to sign a FA that the Bucs ended up signing. He was the fall back if Sammy didn’t work out. That was OL Ryan Jensen.

Ali Marpet was a guy we were linked to a lot. He was definitely a prototypical Andy Reid OL. Bucs ended up drafting him before we could get a chance in the 2nd rd. Think many thought he’d go in the 3rd.
[Reply]
scho63 03:02 PM 11-23-2020
Antonio Brown looked like a beast yesterday
[Reply]
Mecca 03:02 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Antonio Brown looked like a beast yesterday
On the couch?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:13 PM 11-23-2020
The Bucs have incredible weapons, but they're not the nightmare matchup that the Raiders O is for us because their weapons aren't nearly as speedy. Evans is a strider and will cause some issues in the end zone, as will Gronk, but neither Brown or Godwin are very fast.

Their run game is also kinda meh. They'll stick with it regardless but RoJo and Fourney don't scare me. If we can pressure Brady, we should be able to keep them from grinding out long TD drives.

Their defense could cause some problems. They can get pressure with the front 4 and their inside LBs are the best, and fastest, in the league. I highly doubt we'll see any of our backs beating Lavonte David to the edge. Their secondary is very young, though, so if Mahomes has some time we should be able to get a fair amount of chunk plays.

I honestly have no clue how this one will play out. If both team's A games show up, I believe we will win, but our defense lately has me a bit concerned. I don't expect that we will be as efficient against this capable defense as we were against Vegas' trash heap so if the guys play that uninspired this coming Sunday, we could be in for another nail biter.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:16 PM 11-23-2020
The DBs need to be on point, though. Brady's gotten very good at throwing up the arm punts that linger in the air for 4 seconds. I've seen far too many DBs shit themselves and commit a huge 50+ yard DPI.

We can't allow any of that easy shit, cause you know the refs will be looking to flag us any chance they get.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up