ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 162
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:35 AM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
They are. Checked out their forum during the game a couple tim4es, and they've about had it with Harbaugh, which is hilarious, because where would that franchise be without him?

Also a lot of hate for Roman and Wink.

And a bunch were apparently fed up with Lamar as well. Read a lot of posts where they were calling for tearing down the whole team and starting over from scratch.

Good times.
They've bought into the Lamar Jackson hype they've been sold, and probably believe another coach can get more out of him.

Run-first QBs are coach killers.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:55 AM 09-29-2020
Patriots are still the biggest threat because defensively they rarely beat themselves. They play technically sound defense and BB will morph his defense to whatever it needs to be to play the Chiefs.

Now that Cam is there they've "all of a sudden" found WR's and he's still a load to bring down.

But, their DB's seem a step slower this season and they still can't rush with 4.

I fully expect them however to throw some different coverage looks at Mahomes that slows the Chiefs down enough to keep their slow-burn offense in the game till the end.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 11:04 AM 09-29-2020
The only team that can beat the Chiefs is the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:07 AM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Patriots are still the biggest threat because defensively they rarely beat themselves. They play technically sound defense and BB will morph his defense to whatever it needs to be to play the Chiefs.

Now that Cam is there they've "all of a sudden" found WR's and he's still a load to bring down.

But, their DB's seem a step slower this season and they still can't rush with 4.

I fully expect them however to throw some different coverage looks at Mahomes that slows the Chiefs down enough to keep their slow-burn offense in the game till the end.
After playing Lamar, Cam will look like a dude running in the mud.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 09-29-2020

The back end of that defense isn't the same as in years past. They're vulnerable.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 AM 09-29-2020

Other than the Seattle game, their passing game is still non-existent. Cam was under 200 yards passing in both of the other games.

They still don’t have WR’s.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:20 AM 09-29-2020
Cam still doesn't read defenses very well, can't manipulate the defense either pre- or post-snap, doesn't even seem to be able to manipulate the defense with his eyes; watch their last game and see how he's staring down every receiver.

Josh McDaniels has designed an offense where Cam doesn't have to be very polished as a QB. He's not going to call too many audibles (maybe not at all), he isn't going to make many if any pre-snap adjustments, and he still isn't any good at throwing under pressure. In other words, the offense is limited.

And, it's not that different than the one the Chiefs defense just played last night.

I wonder what Spags can do with that.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:29 AM 09-29-2020
The Ravens are still better than the Steelers. The Bills are pretty good. The Chiefs are just head and shoulders above everybody else right now it's not funny... yes it is. It's awesome!

But really, 2-5 is still pretty competitive between Ravens, Steelers, Bills, and Patriots. You can probably add the Colts as well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:32 AM 09-29-2020
The Ravens will definitely be in the mix.

I don't think we can know yet who else is for real and who's just smoke and mirrors in the AFC.

Except for the Chiefs, of course.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:35 AM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
The only team that can beat the Chiefs is the Chiefs.
Pretty much
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:35 AM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
After playing Lamar, Cam will look like a dude running in the mud.
That’s a good point. Cam is a worse runner but a better thrower, which plays into what the Chiefs defense does well.

Should be easier for the defensive coaching staff, because we literally just played a runner at QB. It’ll be easier for them to stress gap discipline.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:39 AM 09-29-2020

Did you watch the game last night, and have you seen the Pats play this season?

The Patriots aren't anywhere near as good as the Ravens. They simply don't have the horses. And Cam is not good. He's not as good as Lamar. Hell, he's not even as good as King of the Back-up QBs, Nick Foles.

The Patriots are fool's gold. They'll be lucky to finish .500 this season. Once every team sees just how limited Cam really is, they're done winning games.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 AM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
The Ravens are still better than the Steelers. The Bills are pretty good. The Chiefs are just head and shoulders above everybody else right now it's not funny... yes it is. It's awesome!

But really, 2-5 is still pretty competitive between Ravens, Steelers, Bills, and Patriots. You can probably add the Colts as well.
Colts have a pretty rough schedule to finish the year. Don't think they'll be in the playoffs.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:30 PM 10-16-2020
Best pass rush in the league-top team in sacks and pressures
Big Ben has career passer rating high and efficiency while making plays
Chase Claypool is a beast and other weapons are pretty good

They are definitely our biggest competition. Unfortunately we may have to go 14-2 bc their schedule looks way easy. They look like a 13-3/14-2 team if the ball bounces the right way

CLE
@TEN
@BAL
@DAL
CIN
@JAC
BAL
WAS
@BUF
@CIN
IND
@CLE
[Reply]
Bewbies 02:35 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Steelers blitz a lot. I think they're built to beat the Ravens but not the Chiefs.
This was exactly what I was going to say.

Blitzing is works great, can’t wait.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 162
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up