ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do you think about this potential playoff system?
I like it. Make it happen. 13 54.17%
I'd approve it if it happened. It seems reasonable. 4 16.67%
I care little about admin. Do whatever you want and I'll watch. 3 12.50%
I'm not a fan of this. I would be bothered by it. 4 16.67%
This idea is swill! It makes me vomit in my mouth! 0 0%
I'm a broncos fan, so the playoffs are irrelevant. Do whatever you want. 0 0%
I like the word "playoff". It sounds so recreational. What was the poll question again? 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>My latest idea for playoff seedings.
Rain Man 09:29 PM 11-23-2020
I'm looking at the playoff seedings as they stand now, and with the playoff changes there are a lot of teams involved. Right now, the Steelers are playing against teams like Jacksonville and the NFC East, so they're the #1 seed even though we all know that they're frauds.

As the #2 seed, we would be matched up against the #7 seed, which is currently the Raiders. They may not be the easiest matchup in the field based on what we've seen. And then I look over at the NFC, and right now the #5 Buccaneers featuring the world's oldest quarterback are matched up against the #4 Eagles, who are probably the 27th best team in the league.

So it occurred to me that we could make playoff seedings a lot more fun and a lot more fair with one simple change.

You track the seedings like they do now, but when the playoffs start, the #2 team gets to pick the team that they play. Then the #3 team picks, and #4 gets whoever is left. If you're the #2 team and you match up well against #3, then you make them come and play a road game against you.

This adds a lot of value to the #2 and #3 seeds because maybe you can pick off a weak division winner. It also would be fun because it would tick off teams that get picked and start grudges and rivalries.

What do you think?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:10 PM 11-24-2020
That would be interesting to see; however, would any team actually WANT to be in the #2 position? Way more pressure and embarrassment to lose to a team you personally chose. Also, whoever you don't pick will claim you're avoiding them due to fear of the matchups.
[Reply]
njchiefs 03:18 PM 11-24-2020
How about the number two seed gets to pick any team to add to the playoffs, regardless of record. So we get to play the Jets and therefore essentially get the #2 first round bye back, since it sucks that they eliminated it. Because otherwise the only seed that means anything this year is the first seed, since home field advantage means nothing anymore.
[Reply]
jettio 06:31 PM 11-24-2020
It would be even better if the selections were not announced until the list of inactives was released before kickoff.

Wild card teams would have to keep their whereabouts confidential and their fans would have to wonder what time the game is on. And the road fans would have to guess what city to go to and what tickets to buy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up