ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 58
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

DRM08 08:30 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Two words, bro......

Patrick
Mahomes

You saw how Watson played in the playoffs against the Colts

You saw how PM played in the playoffs against the Colts and NE

WTF would you want to play with?
I mean yes, Watson vs. Mahomes is like Alex vs. Rodgers. But Houston was still a good situation for the Badger.
Mecca 08:30 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's still a dozen decent safeties available. They're not all going to get $14M per.
Yea the problem though is some of those guys are really limited like yea you can sign Tashaun Gipson cheaper but he's not really a good cover guy at all.
Marcellus 08:30 PM 03-11-2019
I have a hard time getting excited about it either. That's a lot of money for an undersized guy with an injury history, especially when he didn't play well last year.
I thought he was a top 5 rated safety last season?
pugsnotdrugs19 08:30 PM 03-11-2019
There's still a dozen decent safeties available. They're not all going to get $14M per.
And those two guys may not make any difference really over your standard JAG :-)

At least HB might be a really big time player. Same argument I made for Watkins last year.
Bowser 08:31 PM 03-11-2019
I'm not sure we could get two guys to split TM's money with the way Dan Snyder fist fucked this free agent season for the rest of the league, anyway.
chiefforlife 08:31 PM 03-11-2019
I don't think Mathieu is "legit". He was at one time but he wasn't great last year.

Certainly not commensurate with that kind of contract.
The Chiefs disagree. They had him rated as their TOP FA Get.

And he was Got.
TEX 08:31 PM 03-11-2019
I have a hard time getting excited about it either. That's a lot of money for an undersized guy with an injury history, especially when he didn't play well last year.
Yep. He got banged up and his play suffered, and just was never right again. Seemed he always had some kind of nagging injury that lingered. Had a lot of trouble covering over the top routes. The market for Safety is CRAZY EXPENSIVE!

BUT, KC wanted him and went out and got him so they got their guy. Gotta give them credit for that.
Mecca 08:32 PM 03-11-2019
I don't think Mathieu is "legit". He was at one time but he wasn't great last year.

Certainly not commensurate with that kind of contract.
Well the Redskins screwed up the market. At least it means Berry is probably out.
petegz28 08:32 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I mean yes, Watson vs. Mahomes is like Alex vs. Rodgers. But Houston was still a good situation for the Badger.
Houston wasn't a bad spot. But any defensive player who has half a brain would cream to play with a QB that can put up 40 a game. That's a defender's dream!!!
RunKC 08:32 PM 03-11-2019
He hasn’t missed a game since 2016. Outside of 2016, he’s been on the field 90% of the time in the other 5 seasons.

Price isn’t great but the structure of the contract will be.
BryanBusby 08:32 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I thought he was a top 5 rated safety last season?
He finished out average'ish, but man that Defense was decimated by injuries down the stretch.
ChiefoftheKeyboard 08:32 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I know nothing about him....what are his strengths?
I think he’s more of a free safety type but he’s pretty versatile from what I’ve been reading. That seems to be what spagnuolo wants is versatility. Not that berry wouldn’t offer that, but who knows what berry would look like now that he won’t be in a well known settled role, in addition to the injuries.

I just think the writing is on the wall that Berry’s days are limited. Although I could see them waiting til June 1 to cut him since there’s only small cap relief til then. After June 1 the cap savings could sign most of not all of our draft picks.
pugsnotdrugs19 08:33 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Asinine.

We'll be looking at how to deal with his dead money in 2021.

But hey, at least we'll get to share some headlines with the Bills, Jets, raiders and lions tomorrow. Clearly keeping high company...
If they win a Super Bowl in the next couple years, who cares?

They’re in fine shape with the long term cap. Again, they have huge numbers in Watkins, Ford, Berry and Hitchens that can all come off of the books in 2020. And they already have plenty of 2020 space.
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:33 PM 03-11-2019
This is pretty much what I figured; all of the full-time, highly invested, CP armchair GM's are flipping their shit.
These are the same people that didn't have the slightest clue that Mathieu was even on the Chiefs radar. Are the Chiefs supposed to just sit back and let the market drive up the price on even LESSER talent? No fucking way. This was the man they wanted, and they did what needed to be done on the DAY that it needed to be done.
Sassy Squatch 08:35 PM 03-11-2019
We don't even know the structure or guaranteed money of the contract yet.
Page 27 of 58
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up