Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Prince
siberian khatru 10:57 AM 04-21-2016
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:31 PM 05-20-2016
Check out this rare version of a cut from the Controversy album, something to break up a boring friday night

New wave, punk, and funk all blended perfectly together

I'm thinking Dez Dickerson had something to do with this release

[Reply]
RobBlake 11:24 PM 05-20-2016
i feel like prince isn't super respected for his rock abilities..he gets mad props for his pop hits and his ability to play guitar but not for his rock centric songs, imo. *talking about general listening populace
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:27 AM 05-21-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
i feel like prince isn't super respected for his rock abilities..he gets mad props for his pop hits and his ability to play guitar but not for his rock centric songs, imo. *talking about general listening populace
I think he was appreciated for his unique ways, and that's cool. All I know is we're going to miss him.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:14 AM 05-21-2016
Prince sucks.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:18 AM 05-21-2016
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Prince sucks.
Meximelt.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:58 PM 05-21-2016
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Prince sucks.
I hope you're just "penzing" here...
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:07 PM 05-21-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
What were his best "real music" songs? I must admit that I've been pretty indifferent to his music that I heard. I never quite got the Prince adoration.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:28 PM 05-21-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What were his best "real music" songs? I must admit that I've been pretty indifferent to his music that I heard. I never quite got the Prince adoration.
Plenty of good music to be found in this thread, click on some links... I posted a killer song of his called Fury that he performed on SNL a few years ago, to name just one

For me atleast, his musical appeal is in the way he blended so many different styles to create something so uniquely his own

His personal appeal is that...

a) he was an electric, natural performer

b) he insisted on having a multi-ethnic band from his earliest days, he wasnt just for black or white people... Prince was for everyone, he covered so much ground that just about anyone can find something they like

c) he played ATLEAST 20 instruments at a professional level

d) Warner Brothers signed him as a solo act when he was only 18, I could hardly find my ass with both hands at 18

e) he was always a very spiritual guy, his lyrics are littered with references to God etc and I like that

And your hero The Boss LOVED him, so that pretty much means you gotta love him too :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:20 PM 05-21-2016
8+ minutes of unplugged brilliance, a true musician... just for you RainMan

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView....43&relatepage=
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:20 PM 05-21-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
people just love it because other people love it. It sucked. NEXT
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:27 PM 05-21-2016
He penzin'.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:28 PM 05-21-2016
when I think of game changers I don't think of prince, he was a poor mans Little Richard. Eminem changed the game forever.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:42 AM 06-02-2016
Opioids. Shocked.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:54 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Opioids. Shocked.
Prince died of opioid overdose, official tells AP

A law-enforcement official tells The Associated Press that tests show the music superstar died of an opioid overdose.

The 57-year-old singer was found dead April 21 at his Minneapolis-area estate.

The official, who is close to the investigation, spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

Investigators have been reviewing whether Prince died of an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before his death.

Prince was found dead in the elevator of his Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minn. Deputies and medical personnel found the music icon unresponsive when they arrived at his home, and they performed CPR but it was unsuccessful.

Following his death, many of those closest to the music icon denied he used drugs.

However, since the singer's death, details have emerged about medical treatment he was receieving.

In the weeks before Prince's death, the musician met twice with Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg, a 46-year-old family care physician who worked at a Minnetonka clinic a few miles from Prince's Paisley Park studio and home, according to search warrant documents. The warrant documents say Schulenberg prescribed Prince medications in recent weeks, but what they were and whether Prince took them is unknown.
An addiction treatment doctor, Howard Kornfeld, has also stated he was in touch with Prince's representative the day before Prince died.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...l?intcmp=hpbt1
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:24 AM 06-02-2016
Another opioid death. A shame, but sadly not a surprise.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up