ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 60
« First < 8485455565758 5960 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:04 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
great play call - one defender just sniffed out the play

one guy

just one guy was the difference

Chiefs/Titans 3rd and 2

it happens
Which is why you probably give the best player on the planet more than one option. That play was the call vs the defense. If you aren't running, shouldn't you give the best player options?

That's not just about Andy. Plenty of coaches will call fades or all or nothing calls on fourth down. Why allow one player to be able to shut down an entire play?

I don't want the guy fired. I like Andy But he out-smarts himself a lot and it's one of the things that has held him back and one of the things he never seems to learn from.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:07 PM 11-16-2019
[QUOTE=Chris Meck;14599319]some of y'all are some miserable mother fuckers. I'm glad I don't know you in real life. Surrounded by that kind of negativity all day would really suck.[/QU

:-)

Yep, we have all put our miserable lives on hold long enough to stare blankly at the screen on Sundays, just to hate on Fatty McBrainfart.
Derp
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:10 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
some of y'all are some miserable mother ****ers. I'm glad I don't know you in real life. Surrounded by that kind of negativity all day would really suck.

Yep, we have all put our miserable lives on hold long enough to stare blankly at the screen on Sundays, just to hate on Fatty McBrainfart.
Derp
@"Fatty McBrainfart"
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:06 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Winning is the only thing. If Andy doesn't get a title this year or next they he's gotta be out. Mahomes wants to win and won't need Andy anymore. Pretty sure Mahomes family will put that message in his ear soon. He needs a defense not stats.
Why should he get a chance next year? He's got the rest of this year to fix what's broken, from all the lessons he's learned, and get to a SB IMO.

If he can't, lord knows another year of his 'system' won't mean shit.
[Reply]
FAX 06:43 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Which is why you probably give the best player on the planet more than one option. That play was the call vs the defense. If you aren't running, shouldn't you give the best player options?

That's not just about Andy. Plenty of coaches will call fades or all or nothing calls on fourth down. Why allow one player to be able to shut down an entire play?

I don't want the guy fired. I like Andy But he out-smarts himself a lot and it's one of the things that has held him back and one of the things he never seems to learn from.
Well ... I'm not sure how you can learn from out-smarting yourself.

Re-out-smarting yourself seems potentially counterproductive or something.

FAX
[Reply]
crispystl 07:53 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Well ... I'm not sure how you can learn from out-smarting yourself.

Re-out-smarting yourself seems potentially counterproductive or something.

FAX
^^^HAHA
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:08 AM 11-17-2019
An offense this dynamic should not have plays with only one option.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:13 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:

If this play happens at any other point in the game, I think the ball winds up going to D-Rob in the endzone.

https://i.imgur.com/s8n9CRd.mp4
[Reply]
ARROW2 08:35 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
If this play happens at any other point in the game, I think the ball winds up going to D-Rob in the endzone.

https://i.imgur.com/s8n9CRd.mp4
Yeah, I saw that. Seeing how things turned out.....would have been better off doing what comes natural.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:37 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
An offense this dynamic should not have plays with only one option.
No screens then. Got it.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:41 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Yeah, I saw that. Seeing how things turned out.....would have been better off doing what comes natural.
Yep
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:44 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
As much as I hate the play call, had it worked Reid looks like a genius we win the game and every single narrative this week is different.

It didn't work.

I probably hate that Bell is the target the most but that was probably the point, nobody was expecting that, well except the guy who did his job and covered his guy.

Then you have the chipshot FG get botched. It was the perfect storm.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:53 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
As much as I hate the play call, had it worked Reid looks like a genius we win the game and every single narrative this week is different.

It didn't work.

I probably hate that Bell is the target the most but that was probably the point, nobody was expecting that, well except the guy who did his job and covered his guy.

That play is a TD for Mahomes, if not instructed to keep the clock running and we will take the FG if we can't get the ball to Bell.

Hopefully going forward we put the ball in Mahomes's hands to decide "one read" vs "make a play".
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:00 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

It didn't work.

JFC, IF it works...but it didn't. Terrible call. Get the 2 yards. The FG should never have been a consideration. Go for it on 4th. If you don't get it, they have to go 80 yards with 0 timeoits and get a TD to win. With the missed FG and the penalty, they had to go, what, 55 yards?

"Perfect storm" my ass. It's called a "lack of situational awareness", friend.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:05 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
JFC, IF it works...but it didn't. Terrible call. Get the 2 yards. The FG should never have been a consideration. Go for it on 4th. If you don't get it, they have to go 80 yards with 0 timeoits and get a TD to win. With the missed FG and the penalty, they had to go, what, 55 yards?

"Perfect storm" my ass. It's called a "lack of situational awareness", friend.
This would have been better by far.

But given the call that was made, don't neuter your QB, when he is Mahomes, to one read. 90-95% of the other QB's in the NFL? Sure. Not Mahomes. Let him make a play that was there. One we we have seen him make many times. D-Rob in the endzone.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 60
« First < 8485455565758 5960 >
Up