ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derrick Henry may be a free agent
displacedinMN 10:35 AM 07-14-2020

Titans and Derrick Henry are not expected to reach a long-term deal by Wednesday deadline for franchise players, per source. Henry is scheduled to make $10.27M this season and become a free agent in off-season.

Any franchise deals by Wednesday will be an exception, not the rule.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:00 PM 07-15-2020
Dirty dans hit made the big dude land right on his hip and they dont wear hip pads
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:12 PM 07-15-2020
Load manage him properly and the Titans just might bust through and win a Super Bowl the old fashioned way...

Naaaah I’m just kidding. They’re fucked.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:14 PM 07-15-2020

Titans and RB Derrick Henry is signing a four-year, $50 million contract that includes $25.5 million guaranteed, source tells ESPN.

In one off-season, the Titans keep both Henry and Ryan Tannehill on long-term deals.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 15, 2020

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:16 PM 07-15-2020
4 years $50 million doesn’t seem that bad to me.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:18 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
4 years $50 million doesn’t seem that bad to me.
Compared to Zeke and Gurley's deals, this is solid. Especially since Henry has shown to be the rare RB who can still take over a game in this era. We'll see how long he can continue to do that. Good deal for the Titans.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:28 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not bad for either side, really. Henry recognizes the market and value of RBs but still gets paid. He's betting on himself to be able to get one more big payday in 3 or 4 years.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:29 PM 07-15-2020
Not a bad deal for TN. 25 mil guranteed compared to lazy Zeke and Dallas stupidy with his 50 and 15 mil per year.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:30 PM 07-15-2020
I'd be pissed if the Chiefs signed a RB to that kind of deal, but for the Titans and the way they're built this makes sense.

If Tannehill can stay hot then they were able to keep the band together and try for another deep playoff push. If Tannehill turns back into a pumpkin then it doesn't matter anyway and Henry can keep some butts in the stands and have his salary off the books by the time they look to bring in another QB.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:47 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Dirty dans hit made the big dude land right on his hip and they dont wear hip pads
The dude behind us screamed “that was a GROWN MAN tackle.” All of the Chiefs fans in our section cheered, the Titans fans in front of us were confused, as they were controlling the game at that time.

I remember thinking that football camp hits like that (it reminded me of my early practice Oklahoma drills to wake us all up) were the exact type of hits the Ravens did not seem interested in (watching Earl try to arm tackle Henry was hilarious). And if that Henry still managed to beat us, at least the Chiefs would make him earn it.

The Chiefs D shutting Henry down never got them the credit they deserved. The national consensus basically had it locked in that Henry had a 150+ game coming and that it would come down to the last possession. It was amazing how the Chiefs completely dominated on rushing defense but how quickly that was forgotten going into the SB.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:16 PM 07-15-2020
Derrick Henry should fire his agent.
[Reply]
Sorry 02:56 AM 07-16-2020
I hope they invest in the oline so he makes it tk the second level easily or else he’s gonna burn out again
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:40 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I hope they invest in the oline so he makes it tk the second level easily or else he’s gonna burn out again
I thought their O line was pretty good.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:12 PM 07-16-2020
If I’m the Titans, I load manage the shit out of Henry. Do what you can without him toting the rock in the regular season, make the playoffs, and unleash fresh Henry on everybody.

Problem is they’re not very good at winning in the regular season without him
[Reply]
Spott 03:14 PM 07-16-2020
They’ll still go 8-8 or 9-7 next year.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:27 PM 03-06-2023

#Titans are shopping RB Derrick Henry VIA @MikeSilver

4 teams expected to have interest are the #Falcons #Chiefs #Bills and #Bears pic.twitter.com/5vOXjHYb5J

— NFL Rumors (@nflrums) March 6, 2023

[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up