ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs traded to 18-24, who would you want?
CupidStunt 10:41 AM 03-22-2024
Just like the other thread. But I could actually see this happening, unlike top 10.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:52 PM 03-22-2024
Troy Fautanu and Tyler Guyton both on the board as well.

Edit: Holy shit Amarius Mims was there too. He has him going in the 2nd. WTF?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 PM 03-22-2024
Well, that mock was terrible.

If KC traded to this range, it would need to be for either Fautanu or a player unexpectedly falling (Bowers, Odunze).

Worthy would be cringe-worthy.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:36 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Troy Fautanu and Tyler Guyton both on the board as well.

Edit: Holy shit Amarius Mims was there too. He has him going in the 2nd. WTF?
I understand Mims in the 2nd to some extent, he's quite raw. That said, I don't see KC passing on Fautanu for a WR. It's illogical to pass on a LT prospect when they are struggling every year to find someone with the aptitude to fill it.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:34 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Has the Chiefs trading up to 19 to take Worthy as WR #4 off the board. I think I was just sick in my mouth
I'm getting really tired of every pontificating mouth breather out there thinking the Chiefs are going to sell the farm for an uber fast guy at receiver in this draft. That line of thought is born from the "Well you know, they traded Tyreek Hill away and haven't replaced him yet...." lack of effort take. Never mind that we've won back-to-back titles WITHOUT Tyreek or a reasonable facsimile on this team in two years, or anything.....

I'll be pissed if we move up to get Worthy with all those tackles still on the board AND give up our second rounder to do it. And I'm not against Worthy being on this team at all, but certainly not at that price.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:03 AM 03-24-2024
IF we were to trade up that far, and I highly doubt it-
it would have to be because they liked a LT. Fautanu probably.

I think he's the last LT without significant questions there. I think Guyton or Morgan are possibilities, but I don't think you'd have to go that high to get them.

I don't think Mims would be on their radar; not enough experience. If he fell into the second maybe.

but the second is where I'd like to go WR.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:21 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Has the Chiefs trading up to 19 to take Worthy as WR #4 off the board. I think I was just sick in my mouth
Not only that but giving up our 2nd round pick to do it. Fuck that shit.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:14 PM 03-25-2024
It would have to be LT as many have said I think Fautanu in the number one target. But if a target they grade as truly elite fell it would make sense too. Maybe they see BTJ that way or an odunze or something has a fall. This is a much more exciting and realistic exercise than the top 10 thread. With all things considered were "OK" at WR as it stands and a LT makes so much more sense.
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:27 PM 03-25-2024
What would it cost to move up into that range and do you see the chiefs doing it? Would we give up picks next year and this year? Or maybe just our 2nd rounder this year?
[Reply]
BossChief 04:45 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
IF we were to trade up that far, and I highly doubt it-
it would have to be because they liked a LT. Fautanu probably.

I think he's the last LT without significant questions there. I think Guyton or Morgan are possibilities, but I don't think you'd have to go that high to get them.

I don't think Mims would be on their radar; not enough experience. If he fell into the second maybe.

but the second is where I'd like to go WR.
Mims and another year of DS would do the trick…but maybe just throwing the kid there next to Thuney would be smart to spend the cap $ elsewhere.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:59 PM 03-25-2024
If they see Fautanu slipping into the mid-teens, I think it's a good time to strike for that.

Fautanu is in that range on the consensus Big Board on NFL Draft Network (22, actually), which could be partially skewed by him being thought as not tall/long enough to be a T before the combine. I get that.

But if gets past the Saints, it's awfully tempting to get in front of the Bengals, if possible, to take him.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:51 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they see Fautanu slipping into the mid-teens, I think it's a good time to strike for that.

Fautanu is in that range on the consensus Big Board on NFL Draft Network (22, actually), which could be partially skewed by him being thought as not tall/long enough to be a T before the combine. I get that.

But if gets past the Saints, it's awfully tempting to get in front of the Bengals, if possible, to take him.
It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Fautana is safer than Mims. Where will guyton be taken? I don’t recall any player being taken in the 1st round with less than 10 starts. Will Mims be the first? I’m still moving up to 25 for Mims if he’s there. I’m intrigued by his size, length and athletic ability. His 40 and broad jump are incredible for his size, crazy.

AMARIUS MIMS OT GEORGIA
NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT

SUB-POSITION: RIGHT TACKLE
LAST UPDATED: 03/13/2024
DRAFT YEAR: 2024
40 TIME: 5.07 SECONDS (85%*)
MEASURABLES:
0% 100%
HEIGHT: 6-8 (89%*) WEIGHT: 340 (96%*)
HANDS: 11 1/4 (94%*) ARM: 36 1/8 (92%*)
SPAN: 86 6/8 (100%*)
FORTY: 5.07 (C) (85%*)
10 YARD: 1.78 (C) (56%*)
VERTICAL: 25.5 (C) (20%*) BROAD: 111 (C) (89%*)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:28 PM 03-25-2024
Mims
[Reply]
Stryker 08:35 PM 03-25-2024
I love https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft They seem to keep the mocks up-to-date.

Here is what they have currently...
Attached: 2024 Draft.JPG (113.9 KB) 
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 03-26-2024
How awesome would it be to have Fautanu end up being another McDuffie?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:19 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How awesome would it be to have Fautanu end up being another McDuffie?

Very awesome. Especially if they moved in front of the Bengals to take him.

Costly, but imagine that war room video if he’s their guy, like McDuffie clearly was for Buffalo.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up