Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:16 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Metcalfs whole college career was less productive than legette this year lol.

Watching them they play the same way. They seem to have similar speed and size.

I would be fucking ecstatic if the chiefs chose to take him at 32 because he meets the eye test, and if the chiefs take him it means they have a really good feeling about him in this offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tell me what Legette did as a true So and true Jr and not a redshirt Sr and we can talk about it. Until then, I'm 100% out on Legette.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:25 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Tell me what Legette did as a true So and true Jr and not a redshirt Sr and we can talk about it. Until then, I'm 100% out on Legette.

Thats fine, we are allowed to have different opinions.

I dont care what he did two years ago, he was dominant this year in the SEC at 22 years old, plus he has size and speed.

We keep winning championships, so these are the receivers that will be in striking range in the draft. Lol

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:54 PM 02-17-2024
Legette's a guy who could fall to us in the 2nd, possibly.

Depends on how the league views his late break out.

DK went #64 and might not have had as many question marks.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:17 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

Precisely. We're talking about him as a first-rounder here and he's almost universally graded around 80th which I feel is more accurate for him.
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:19 PM 02-17-2024

Do you think league execs regret letting him slide that far now?

[Reply]
kccrow 11:31 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Do you think league execs regret letting him slide that far now?

You mean just like they regret letting Stefon Diggs slide to the 5th round? Or how about Terry Mcaurin in the 3rd? Amon Ra St. Brown in the 4th?

Do you see the list we're building here?

Players get drafted later than the 1st for a variety of reasons. Questionable production, work ethic, intelligence, etc. It's not like any of these guys sucked in college.

There is a reason Legette didn't produce until his 5th year in college at the same program. I'm not sure what it is, but it's obviously an issue and I think we can all agree that it is.

Malik Washington had more yards than Legette did. He had a breakout year significantly higher than anything he did in 4 seasons at Northwestern. Should we consider him in the 1st?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:51 AM 02-18-2024
Half these guys could go in the mid to late second, that's the nature of picking last.

We'll see how things develop after the combine and leading up the draft.

For now, I think it's a good list.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:16 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
This dude had every opportunity to do fucking anything for his first 4 years and he sucked total dick. I don't believe the rah-rah shit coming out of his camp for a minute. And no, not all athletes juice man, not even close. His ascension is 1+1 = 3 shit.
Yeah - the issue with Legette isn't that he didn't excel in his first 4 years.

It's that he did NOTHING. Nothing at all. 42 catches for about 400 yards in four seasons is just ghastly.

It's just awfully hard to look past that. New QB, new staff - whatever. If you're an NFL player you're going to produce and for 4 seasons he did absolutley nothing.

He very clearly wasn't an NFL prospect for the first 4 years of his career and honestly I don't think "well he worked hard" is a good enough explanation for what he suddenly became in his 5th season.

There's just some fishiness there. I'd probably go ahead and gamble at the back of the 2nd but like you, that's not a certainty.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:18 PM 02-18-2024
I’m early into my studies but right now Franklin is the early leader in the clubhouse at 32…

Seems to be open deep downfield a lot, AKA Patrick’s perfect type of receiver as we know he doesn’t like to make risky throws downfield often. Perfect complement the offense needs right now in the vertical plane.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:51 PM 02-18-2024

He's nowhere near what DK Metcalf was coming out.

I don't hate him, would probably like getting him if the price was right.

DK popped on the screen. Just a freak show player. That's not Legette.

Plays like a slower AJ Brown without the craftiness.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:11 PM 02-18-2024
We’ll see where we are in a couple weeks with Sneed. But if we lose him/tag and trade him there is a white boy out of Iowa that Spags is dreaming about deploying. Not too mention it sure would be nice to have a good punt returner for the first time in 5 years.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:38 PM 02-18-2024

Yeah, I have to agree:-)
[Reply]
Stryker 08:56 PM 02-18-2024
In the first round I want Troy Franklin. That I believe is undisputable. There are so many mock drafts all over the place. Troy Franklin would be my #1 choice for first round pick and take Xavier Legette in the second even if you have to move up to get him. Of course this depends on the Chris Jones/Sneed outcomes but, I would not be opposed to 2 WR's with our first 2 picks. Think about it, can you imagine a WR group of Rice, Franklin and Legette? Talk about DYNASTY! Holy shit! :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 02-18-2024, 09:00 PM
This message has been deleted by Stryker.
Stryker 09:04 PM 02-18-2024

My personal vote for our #1 pick! :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:36 PM 02-18-2024
Originally Posted by Stryker:
In the first round I want Troy Franklin. That I believe is undisputable. There are so many mock drafts all over the place. Troy Franklin would be my #1 choice for first round pick and take Xavier Legette in the second even if you have to move up to get him. Of course this depends on the Chris Jones/Sneed outcomes but, I would not be opposed to 2 WR's with our first 2 picks. Think about it, can you imagine a WR group of Rice, Franklin and Legette? Talk about DYNASTY! Holy shit! :-)
I've been holding my tongue but this is my hope as well. Currently, we're well positioned for this outcome.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 32
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up