Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:57 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Added Mitchell back but going to cut this list down after the combine.

If he runs in the 4.4s, he'll be on the list permanently. I just have a hard time seeing the Chiefs draft a 4.5 contested catch guy.
You’re far ahead of me on the draft as I have barely started looking deeper into the WRs.

Mitchell oozes upside.

Routes, body control, hands.

This also reminds me of the Paris Campbell vs Terry McLaurin draft. All the draft talking heads focused on the slot volume guy, not the boundary WR who was better.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:05 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You’re far ahead of me on the draft as I have barely started looking deeper into the WRs.

Mitchell oozes upside.

Routes, body control, hands.

This also reminds me of the Paris Campbell vs Terry McLaurin draft. All the draft talking heads focused on the slot volume guy, not the boundary WR who was better.
I like Mitchell, but again, he just doesn't fit the profile of WR that the Chiefs have gone after.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:33 AM 02-20-2024
Staylor, it would be cool to do one of these for the 2nd round as well, as it widens the conversation to other position groups (like OG). It could also get spicy if we tag/trade Sneed and end up with another 2nd rounder to play with.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Staylor, it would be cool to do one of these for the 2nd round as well, as it widens the conversation to other position groups (like OG). It could also get spicy if we tag/trade Sneed and end up with another 2nd rounder to play with.
Thought about it the last couple of years, but didn't do it. Will do it this year though.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:23 PM 02-20-2024
I like Mitchell, but again, he just doesn't fit the profile of WR that the Chiefs have gone after.
I guess a guy like Tee Higgins would not be our type and would not be a priority to spend big $$$ on.

But if you could draft him, we could use him.

Mitchell would be an absolute no for a Josh Allen at QB.

But we have Mahomes who throws to Kelce all the time when guys are near but Kelce has won on leverage.

Mahomes ball placement puts him in play for me.
[Reply]
O.city 12:24 PM 02-20-2024
Pat does it with Kelce, hasn't really done it with anyone else.

Get guys who separate.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:56 PM 02-20-2024
We generally haven't gone for contested catch guys, we've gone for separators. But Terrell Owens was great in Reids system so it could work.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 02-20-2024
Yea, if the Chiefs throw a curveball and take Mitchell, I will be more than happy with the pick.

I just don't see it actually happening.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:16 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We generally haven't gone for contested catch guys, we've gone for separators. But Terrell Owens was great in Reids system so it could work.
I don’t see Mecole, Skyy, or even Rice as separators.

Maybe they hoped they would be.

At least Rice is good.

Let’s try to do good again.
[Reply]
O.city 01:23 PM 02-20-2024
Mecole has been one of the higher separation generators IIRC
[Reply]
staylor26 01:24 PM 02-20-2024
Rice was always a fit because of his burst and YAC ability.

That's exactly why I think they'll still like Coleman.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:26 PM 02-20-2024
I will say this, for a team that struggled in the red zone (even in the playoffs/SB), Mitchell would be a huge boost there. He's a TD machine.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:26 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mecole has been one of the higher separation generators IIRC
Huh?

He has elite speed but his lack of route running means he isn’t an elite separator.

If Mecole actually had that ability he would be getting way more $$$ than vet min offers or 5 million from a desperate franchise.
[Reply]
O.city 01:30 PM 02-20-2024
I will say this, for a team that struggled in the red zone (even in the playoffs/SB), Mitchell would be a huge boost there. He's a TD machine.
But...how?

This team just doesn't throw the normal back shoulder stuff like some teams.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:30 PM 02-20-2024
He is still immature and needs to add weight but his skill set compares favorably to Tee Higgins.

He would immediately help even as a decoy 1 or vertical 2 in our offense.

Add in a deep threat like Hollywood and good luck.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up