ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 189
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
O.city 11:41 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
ESPN

Wide receiver rankings

1. Marvin Harrison Jr, Ohio State
2. Keon Coleman, Florida State
3. Malik Nabers, LSU
4. Rome Odunze, Washington
5. Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
6. Worthy
7. Franklin
8. Legette
9. Mitchell
10. Wilson
Anyone on this list from 3-8 is on the board when we pick, run up there and take one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:48 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Anyone on this list from 3-8 is on the board when we pick, run up there and take one.
I need to do more homework on Legette. He got hurt in the Mizzou game so I haven't seen him much.

I mean, kid's gonna be 23 when he's drafted. And he didn't do ANYTHING for the first 4 years of his college career. I mean absolutely dick. 42 catches for 400 yards. Not an average, but TOTAL. His first 3 individual seasons are essentially per game averages for his 2023 season.

It's not a deal breaker, but those are red flags. That's really really odd.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:54 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I need to do more homework on Legette. He got hurt in the Mizzou game so I haven't seen him much.

I mean, kid's gonna be 23 when he's drafted. And he didn't do ANYTHING for the first 4 years of his college career. I mean absolutely dick. 42 catches for 400 yards. Not an average, but TOTAL. His first 3 individual seasons are essentially per game averages for his 2023 season.

It's not a deal breaker, but those are red flags. That's really really odd.
Yeah, it's weird. I also wonder what his rebuttal/story is around the lack of production until this year? Did the dude wait until his last year to get juiced up so he'd look like a phenom for his last shot at the league, or what?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 11-10-2023
Yeah, it's weird. I also wonder what his rebuttal/story is around the lack of production until this year? Did the dude wait until his last year to get juiced up so he'd look like a phenom for his last shot at the league, or what?
Right.

I mean why doesn't the "Contract Year Remains Undefeated" logic apply here? It was clearly his platform season and his only shot at the league.

What changed THAT much for him? Just seems to be worth a little more digging into. And what would be most demonstrative is actually his tape from previous seasons. Is he that much different or just being used differently? Is his production volume based or genuine improvements in skill? If so, what are those improvements and how did they just appear at 22? Is he just a man beating up boys?

Like I said - can't disregard his performance this year. But I'm curious...
[Reply]
kccrow 05:28 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Thank you for your medical opinion. You're assumption is that players with a skillset that makes sharp cuts and change of direction is more prone to injury. Of course that a generalization, rather than based on any individual player. At least it didn't stop you last year from liking Tyjae Spears who has that same ability, with a missing knee ligament no less.

I'm however going to refrain on making those type of conclusions on players I can't ever be privy to a medical exam on.
My assumption doesn't, my education does. Anyhow, moving on.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:26 PM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
My assumption doesn't, my education does. Anyhow, moving on.
Dr Crow, I presume.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:59 PM 11-10-2023
Dr Crow, I presume.
Negative. Not that advanced but enough to not be spitting bullshit. One of my undergrad majors was in physical education which had courses in exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, and sports injuries. My best friend through it was a medical biology major. She went on to do chiropractic while I decided to waste that and my math major and went on to get a master's in accounting and financial management.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:33 AM 11-11-2023
Negative. Not that advanced but enough to not be spitting bullshit. One of my undergrad majors was in physical education which had courses in exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, and sports injuries. My best friend through it was a medical biology major. She went on to do chiropractic while I decided to waste that and my math major and went on to get a master's in accounting and financial management.
I dunno. Chiropractors seem like an awful waste of oxygen and money. Its like playing russian roulette.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:10 PM 11-11-2023
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I dunno. Chiropractors seem like an awful waste of oxygen and money. Its like playing russian roulette.
She makes a lot more money than I do haha. She's also certified to do it on animals, so she's always getting out of the office to adjust horses and shit. Kinda neat.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:58 PM 11-11-2023
Like Crow I like Egbuka quite a bit but doubt he makes it to us. Like DJ I'm undecided on Legette. Plus size he looks big and fast. Once he's rolling he's a YAC monster. Also looks like he has good body control and is pretty damn good at contested catches. That SHOULD be a helluva combination, but something seems off. I think he just feels a bit rigid. I also expected him to be better against press. He's big but I don't think it's an A J Brown big. He's not bullying people all through the route.

Dunno, he just doesn't look "crisp". But again, I'm 100% wrong on WRs so imagine he'll be amazing.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:19 PM 11-11-2023
Give me Franklin
[Reply]
Coogs 12:05 PM 11-12-2023
Going back-to-back with a couple of these guys might not be the worst thing. Coleman and Franklin to go along with Rice for the next few seasons wouldn't be a bad thing.

Coleman highlights:

Franklin highlights:

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:58 PM 11-12-2023
Would you prefer any of the guys we've listed as 1st and 2nd rounders over some of the available FA's? Forget the Cap.

Egbuka
Coleman
Worthy
Legette
Mitchell
Franklin
J. Wilson
Polk
Corley
R. Wilson

For instance... Evans, Ridley, Higgins, Pittman, Brown, *Hopkins? ...I wonder about Ridley, especially, is there any chance? Where does he stack up compared to these 1st rounders.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:34 PM 11-12-2023
Would you prefer any of the guys we've listed as 1st and 2nd rounders over some of the available FA's? Forget the Cap.

Egbuka
Coleman
Worthy
Legette
Mitchell
Franklin
J. Wilson
Polk
Corley
R. Wilson

For instance... Evans, Ridley, Higgins, Pittman, Brown, *Hopkins? ...I wonder about Ridley, especially, is there any chance? Where does he stack up compared to these 1st rounders.
It's hard to argue against many of the FAs as they are all proven, 1k WRs in the NFL. Brown, Higgins, and Pittman are guys who wouldn't turn 30 until the very end of a deal, so probably the most attractive. Ridley is 28 already and the others are over 30.

I'm probably not as high on Brown as the rest though. I think Ridley is the type of receiver that best fits a Reid offense. Price/length would be everything there. He'd be a quality first option as a free agent, in my opinion.

At the end of the day, I think I'd prefer Egbuka overall but that might be wishful thinking. So long as Veach adds value in some way, no matter if he plays the draft for DL/OL and FA for WR or some other mix.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:49 PM 11-12-2023
It's hard to argue against many of the FAs as they are all proven, 1k WRs in the NFL. Brown, Higgins, and Pittman are guys who wouldn't turn 30 until the very end of a deal, so probably the most attractive. Ridley is 28 already and the others are over 30.

I'm probably not as high on Brown as the rest though. I think Ridley is the type of receiver that best fits a Reid offense. Price/length would be everything there. He'd be a quality first option as a free agent, in my opinion.

At the end of the day, I think I'd prefer Egbuka overall but that might be wishful thinking. So long as Veach adds value in some way, no matter if he plays the draft for DL/OL and FA for WR or some other mix.
The issue is, if we pay Chris Jones, there won't be any 1k FA WR pick-up. You just can't.

Now, if you let Jones walk, you get a 3rd comp. That's not much return. If you tag him again with a try to trade him, it ties the money up. If you tag him and play him, it means no big FA spending.

You've got a lot of guys up for FA. Some you're going to let go, some you're going to pay. There's just not going to be a lot of money.

I'm afraid we're going to have to grow our own here.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 189
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up