ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Today was perfect for the Chiefs
pugsnotdrugs19 05:24 PM 10-20-2019
Hear me out....

First off, a 2 game lead in the West feels very comfy right now. 3 games on LA.

We have a realistic shot at 11-5.

IF we get there, and the AFC South winner (Colts or Texans) is also 11-5, they’ll have the tiebreaker on us...

So we will need someone else (Baltimore) to also get to 11-5 in order to create a three-way tie for the 2 seed. In which case it will go to conference record. Their win today helps that cause for the time being. Our next two of course are against the NFC...

Thinking a bit far ahead here, but I really want that bye... not overly concerned about winning the West.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:52 PM 10-20-2019
There's a fair chance that we lose the next two, but win the following two. Should still be in first in the West.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:54 PM 10-20-2019
Only thing that would make this day better is the Cowboys losing
[Reply]
TLO 05:55 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
There's a fair chance that we lose the next two, but win the following two. Should still be in first in the West.
I'm not ready to give up on winning the next two. The Packers have flaws. I don't know enough about the Vikings yet, need to do some film study on them.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:57 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm not ready to give up on winning the next two. The Packers have flaws. I don't know enough about the Vikings yet, need to do some film study on them.
Vikings are legit. It all depends on what kind of game Cousins has. Cook is the NfLs leading rusher
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:58 PM 10-20-2019
Just three weeks ago people here were saying we'd miss the playoffs.

Currently the two seed. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:59 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hear me out....

First off, a 2 game lead in the West feels very comfy right now. 3 games on LA.

We have a realistic shot at 11-5.

IF we get there, and the AFC South winner (Colts or Texans) is also 11-5, they’ll have the tiebreaker on us...

So we will need someone else (Baltimore) to also get to 11-5 in order to create a three-way tie for the 2 seed. In which case it will go to conference record. Their win today helps that cause for the time being. Our next two of course are against the NFC...

Thinking a bit far ahead here, but I really want that bye... not overly concerned about winning the West.
Wish I felt as comfortable as you after two home losses and a month without Mahomes.
[Reply]
wazu 06:00 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Don't remember ever thinking we'd miss the playoffs, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if we are able to hold onto the 2 seed while weathering 4+ games with Moore at QB.
[Reply]
eDave 06:01 PM 10-20-2019

I don't remember anybody saying that.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:01 PM 10-20-2019

More like a week ago.

And that was pre-Mahomes injury. Post-injury, no one thinks we’ll miss the playoffs.

Strange indeed.
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:02 PM 10-20-2019
I hope Rodgers used up all his mojo against the Faid today.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Not giving up; in fact, of the two I think the Chiefs have a fair chance of stealing one against the Pack. But Aaron is Aaron, and if we let him hang around until the 4th, he can bite us in the ass. But their defense isn't as good as advertised, particularly against the run, and if Carr can throw for 300 yards on them, I think Moore can do some business in the air as well.

But the Vikings defense is legit. And as much as I think Cousins is vastly overrated, he's on a hot streak. And their RB and Diggs are both legitimate stars. Without Mahomes, I'm not sure how we score enough points on those guys.

Bottom line though, both of these two teams can put up points in a hurry, and right now without Pat we're going to score more like the Raiders or the Lions: short plays, work down the field, hope for TDs, but come away with FGs at least half the time. Probably more like 1/3 or so.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:06 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
There was a thread about it on the front page.
[Reply]
kcclone 06:08 PM 10-20-2019
I think we’ll split the next two which will be great.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:08 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Short memory.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:13 PM 10-20-2019
Why does everyone doubt Matty Ice 2.0? He’s gonna tear it up Sunday night on the national stage!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up