ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bayless with great explanation on why QB Sneak call was okay....
petegz28 11:51 AM 10-19-2019
According to him 1 QB has ever been hurt doing a QB prior to Mahomes.

[Reply]
DaFace 05:41 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Intentionally being obtuse is a terrible look for you dude.
I can't help it if you like to use overreaction and emotion in your decision making. Prove to me that QB sneaks are dangerous. And if your only example is Mahomes, you've failed since Andy didn't have that data point.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:43 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You seem nice.
Only your mother knows for sure.
[Reply]
Warrick 05:44 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Still waiting on examples of QBs getting injured on sneaks. Just because your feeble brain thinks something is dangerous doesn't make it so.
Bayless is mainly giving examples of QBs that aren't hurt for the most part. I swear the common sense on this matter goes out the door... So when your QB is not only your best player on your team but the best player in the NFL, has an ankle "injury" - you protect him. Especially when his ankle was just rolled up on 4 days ago.

You want an example, go back and rewatch the injury... I don't care if it was a freak injury or not to the knee, you don't put your star QB in jeopardy to even have his ankle rolled up on again, much less expect him to get any real push forward off that left ankle.

How many unnecessary hits has he taken with that ankle because Reid refuses to run the ball? And then when we need a pass on 2nd and 14 in the Houston game Reid decides he wants to call a running play. Reid has never been good managing these situations, I don't even know why I'm shocked that some of the fans can't see this.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:45 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Bayless is mainly giving examples of QBs that aren't hurt for the most part. I swear the common sense on this matter goes out the door... So when your QB is not only your best player on your team but the best player in the NFL, has an ankle "injury" - you protect him. Especially when his ankle was just rolled up on 4 days ago.

You want an example, go back and rewatch the injury... I don't care if it was a freak injury or not to the knee, you don't put your star QB in jeopardy to even have his ankle rolled up on again, much less expect him to get any real push forward off that left ankle.

How many unnecessary hits has he taken with that ankle because Reid refuses to run the ball? And then when we need a pass on 2nd and 14 in the Houston game Reid decides he wants to call a running play. Reid has never been good managing these situations, I don't even know why I'm shocked that some of the fans can't see this.
Are you implying that you trust our running game to gain a yard in a key situation?

My point is that running a sneak isn't failing to protect him. History has shown it's not a risky play.
[Reply]
Otter 05:48 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
The short answer is, you don't.

The long answer is that you could see contralateral knee injuries due to favoring the left ankle by placing more torque on the right knee due to unequal body weight distribution. This was not the case with the QB sneak

I disagreed with the call because calling for a QB sneak when your quarterback has a gimpy ankle does not make sense to me. Anything can happen in a pile, and I was worried his ankle would get stepped on again.

4th and short conversion rates are about 20% higher with QB sneaks than they are with running backs, didn't seem worth it to me with Mahomes banged up.

You really think that he has a higher likelihood of being injured on a "non-contact" play than a contact play like a sneak? That sounds stupid to me. I don't recall a single injury for Mahomes that was resultant from non-contact.
This.

Have you ever wondered why people use crutches to walk when one of their legs is injured?

WTF
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:48 PM 10-19-2019
I can't help it if you like to use overreaction and emotion in your decision making. Prove to me that QB sneaks are dangerous. And if your only example is Mahomes, you've failed since Andy didn't have that data point.

And if he did, based on his complete disregard of protecting Mahomes thusfar, do you honestly believe it would have made a difference?

Don't make me laugh. Mahomes has been getting the shit beat out of him due to lack of o line talent, slow developing playcalls, and Andys refusal to run the ball.

Protecting Pat just doesnt factor into passing every down.

If you honestly wanted 15 sent into a pile of cheap shotting cheating donks, in the seventh game of the season, then your regard for protecting Mahomes is as bad as Reidtard's is.

Congrats.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:50 PM 10-19-2019
And if he did, based on his complete disregard of protecting Mahomes thusfar, do you honestly believe it would have made a difference?

Don't make me laugh. Mahomes has been getting the shit beat out of him due to lack of o line talent, slow developing playcalls, and Andys refusal to run the ball.

Protecting Pat just doesnt factor into passing every down.

If you honestly wanted 15 sent into a pile of cheap shotting cheating donks, in the seventh game of the season, then your regard for protecting Mahomes is as bad as Reidtard's is.

Congrats.
You like to make decisions like a frightened teenage girl. Noted.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:50 PM 10-19-2019
Are you implying that you trust our running game to gain a yard in a key situation?

My point is that running a sneak isn't failing to protect him. History has shown it's not a risky play.
Bruh, Sausage converted short yardage earlier on the same drive.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:51 PM 10-19-2019
Only your mother knows for sure.
Hahaha, what are you, 12? 'Mother' cracks, of all things . . .

Be a good lad and go play outside until dinner time, sweetheart.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:51 PM 10-19-2019
Bruh, Sausage converted short yardage earlier on the same drive.
And the play before Mahomes got hurt, they stopped us on 3rd and 1.
[Reply]
Warrick 05:51 PM 10-19-2019

Well if your QB has any injury's whatsoever to his legs... I guarantee you teams are going to think twice before doing that again.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:52 PM 10-19-2019
You like to make decisions like a frightened teenage girl. Noted.
Applying common sense=frightened teenage girl. Gotcha.

Maybe this isnt being intentionally obtuse. Maybe you are just a dumbass.
[Reply]
Otter 05:52 PM 10-19-2019

He wasn't healthy going into the game and when you have a weak leg you compensate by placing more body weight on the healthy leg.
[Reply]
eDave 05:53 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hahaha, what are you, 12? 'Mother' cracks, of all things . . .

Be a good lad and go play outside until dinner time, sweetheart.
I cracked Billay's mom again last night.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:53 PM 10-19-2019
Applying common sense=frightened teenage girl. Gotcha.

Maybe this isnt being intentionally obtuse. Maybe you are just a dumbass.
Common sense:

"But I feel like it's dangerous even though 100 years of history has suggested otherwise."
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up